Goodfellas
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza, Soups
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: The Bund
Reviewed 17 June 2014

The food is great, everything you choose is a real italian taste. Pizza, risotto, fish, meat, pasta....everything issuperior quality. Great service too for this beautiful nice little restaurant on the Bund. Will come back for sure many times.

Marcobettio, Owner at Goodfellas, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Gazie mille Francesco,

we will be here to host you with all out pleasure every time you come back!!!

see you soon

Marco and Team

Write a ReviewReviews (1,238)

Reviewed 13 June 2014

Having grown up in a place that has great Italian food and now living in the NYC/NJ area, I'm pretty picky about it. I gave this place a try given it's top rating and I wasn't disappointed. It was surprisingly authentic. Their bread basket was impressive, with a fresh-made focaccia, fresh bruschetta, an Italian roll and chili oil for dipping. Service was impeccable, as were my soup (cream of asparagus) and my main (penne puttanesca). Super cute place! I would recommend.

2  Thank FINNasty

Hi Dear guest,

authentic is the best word for us to hear!!
We are glad that you liked it . and we hope to see you soon again,
Grazie mille
Marco and team

Reviewed 11 June 2014

I am about to go to this restaurant for the third time in 2 weeks. It has to be one of the best restaurants in Shanghai. If you want dinner at a super-fancy restaurant with millions spent on interior décor, mediocre service, and pseudo-authentic cuisine, this place is NOT for you. This place is not about face and is definitely not one that makes someone feels like they have billions to spend.

This place is about food, service, authenticity, and good reasons why a person should pay for a good dinner.

Pros:

- Food, food, food. Can I say more?
- Genuine Italian cuisine. If unsure, go check with the chef.
- Service. Gio, why can't we have more restaurant managers like you in Shanghai? Why do we have to put up with crappy service everywhere else?
- Excellent vibe
- For the duration of my visits, I felt like I was back in the states

Cons:

- Not so much a con but the place is not exactly on the bund, and I can imagine what it is like to visit this place on a rainy day. Minor inconvenience, I guess.

1  Thank ononlam

Hi dear guest,

Thank you so much for you amazing review.

most probably you visited us one day when A/c was broken , now we fixed it and it is even too cold .

we hope to see you soon again here

kindest
TEAM,

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stop by Goodfellas any time I go to Shanghai. I usually get the Pappardelle. The food is simply fantastic. Probably some of the better Italian food I've had (period), not just for China.

The service is also tops. The hosts are very attentive and welcoming.

If you plan on coming here with more than two people, get a reservation. I usually come here on my own without a reservation and always end up sitting on a stool. In any case, i've never been disappointed. Great find!

Ciao Dear Guest,

grazie mille for this fantastic review.
happy to host you here again soon.
grazie
Marco

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Great Italian food. Loved the space and the interior decor. The staff were very friendly and knew the menu very well. Definitely coming back here the next time I am in Shanghai.

1  Thank Allo K