“Tea House experience when in Shanghai”

Huxinting Teahouse (Huxinting Chashi)
Book In Advance
Ranked #77 of 1,316 things to do in Shanghai
London
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Tea House experience when in Shanghai”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I loved having my tea experience here. After looking through the lovely gardens it was wonderful to sit here with my family and select a few different teas. The teas came out with eggs and unusual snacks that I wouldn't normally associate with tea but when in China it had to be done. Its a must!

Visited May 2014

12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Enjoyed the experience”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

In the bustling Yu Garden area rests this lovely tea house. A nicely appointed building with a good view of the crowds below, it became an oasis for us. The tea and associated bags of snacks were very good and we loved the tradition of it all. It is not cheap, but the tea was great and the snacks were interesting.

Visited February 2014
2 Thank JimmyG57
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Will remain in you heart and mind forever”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

Must watch would advice spend half days here ! One first site you will start loving it , ! Real china nearest shanghai ! Don't miss shopping and please please bargain 50% on all ....

Visited April 2014
6 Thank Sandeep B
North Carolina
57 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 116 helpful votes
“years later and I'm still thinking about the Dumpling Soup!”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

We were taken to the Huxinting Teahouse for tea and dumpling soup by our Chinese hosts. When we arrived there was a long long line. Our host went up to the hostess and they chatted and then we were seated right away. Our host ordered everything for us and we just enjoyed the view and the food and tea. Great experience. I know that next time we might need to wait in line - which is ok.

The dumpling soup they ordered was delicious and I have never seen such a huge dumpling. I'm going to add a photo with this review.

The whole area surrounding the teahouse is really a great place for photos and shopping.

Visited May 2013
Perth, Australia
62 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“A tea house with a difference”
Reviewed 7 March 2014 via mobile

It was a cold day, it was nice to sit up stairs watching the world go by while sipping tea. For a first timer I thoroughly would recommend it.

Visited March 2014