“a pleasant stay”

Ranked #30 of 5,147 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Heard that it is a new hotel. I spent five days in Pullman Shanghai South and stayed in their executive floor and I could enjoy their breakfast, afternoon tea or happy hour in their executive lounge. First, the room is a spacious and the hardware is great. Room was clean and cozy. Everything is above the standard in the room. Breakfast served with variety of food, in both Chinese and Western style. I like their idea with serving their fresh fruit juice in a glass bottle, I reckon they were only served in the executive lounge as i couldn't find them in the restaurant where they serve breakfast. Staffs were friendly and helpful, I could always see their smiling faces every day. The stay here in the hotel overall was very good, the only thing i could complain is the location, it is not nearby those sightseeing spots, but getting a taxi is not too hard in Shanghai i guess, and the hotel staffs could help to call taxi for the guests. I do recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JessieL423
Joseph M, General Manager at Pullman Shanghai South, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2015

Dear guest ,
We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay .We are delighted that you are satisfied with your stay in our hotel.
I will share your feedback with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we sincerely look forward to your next visit in Pullman Shanghai South.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Underwhelming arrival, surly doorman made no attempt to help with bag from taxi, which did not worry me, as I saved a tip. Good modern hotel. Nice room, good size & value. WIFI adequate speed. Generally efficient if not overly friendly staff. Buffet style breakfast only OK. Main negative is the location, which is fine if you are doing business in the area, but not great if you are in town as a tourist.

1  Thank Peter C
Joseph M, General Manager at Pullman Shanghai South, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2015

Dear Peter C,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay.We sincerely apologize for the service you did not receive from our doorman and we have reviewed our training and follow up systems.

Regarding our location, indeed we are located in the south of Xujiahui business district, 15-20 minutes drive to Xintiandi or the Bund.

Email address: H7564-GM@accor.com
Hotel Address: 1 Pubei Road,Xuhui District 200235 Shanghai P.R. China
T: +86 021-2426-8888-68088
M: +86(0) 187 2123 3136
F: +86 (21)-2426-8801

Reviewed 22 May 2014

I had the privilege to stay two nights at this hotel (May 10 and May 13, 2014) and I was really impressed! One might say that I was tired after a 14 hours flight and any bed was good enough... Great staff at check in (Apple -she is the best!!!) - they showed me the room first and then we did the check in! Excellent room, beautifully view! The food was fresh and diverse, fantastic breakfast! The interior design is beautiful throughout the hotel - lobby, restaurant, bar, hallways, elevators and rooms. Good wireless speed on all devices! There is a mall right outside the hotel, just in case you want to do some last minute shopping. Also there is a nice and prompt taxi service. Good job! I recommend this hotel!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner suite; it's a little bit larger. Great view if it's at higher level (20 and...
1  Thank lestyca U
Joseph M, General Manager at Pullman Shanghai South, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Lestyca U,

I was delighted to read that you had a great stay in Pullman Shanghai South. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your feedback with our team. Your kind words have been passed on to our teams and particularly to Apple and to the department head concerned. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Feeling like a new hotel, the staff is not trained enough. I ordered a beer at the too quite sports bar (could not remember the bar name), no snacks. when i tried to have another beer, no staff were around. they were smoking outside the bar.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank RiverZH

Dear Mr. River Z H,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at Pullman Shanghai South. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

About your experience in our Bar, I have instructed Food and Beverage Manager to ensure this does not happen in the future. We will tighten training to our staff to improve their guest-oriented service awareness and give the best service for our guest.

On behalf of the hotel team, we wish to thank you for your continuous support and hope this incident will not prevent you from availing yourself of our services again in the future. We sincerely expect your next journey in Pullman Shanghai South.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
1  Thank Diana99999

Reviewed 14 May 2014

The hotel is situated in the residential area, so it is a quiet place for family. Everything is good except for the bluetooth speaker. You may connected to the bluetooth of next door and there was no identification of the speaker at your room. Therefore, it may disturb the other hotel guesses.

Both food and services of buffet breakfast is good.

The staff is helpful.

Room Tip: good, no tips to share
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Terence_Kwok

Dear Terence_Kwok,

We are happy that in general you are satisfied with your stay in our hotel.

We understand that you were not satisfied with the connection to the blue tooth speaker. We have investigated the cause and made some improvement to ensure it will not happen.

At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us.

We thank you for sharing your experience with us, and we sincerely look forward to your next visit in Pullman Shanghai South.

Email address: H7564-GM@accor.com
Hotel Address: 1 Pubei Road,Xuhui District 200235 Shanghai P.R. China
T: +86 021-2426-8888-68088
M: +86(0) 18721233136
F: +86 (21)-2426-8801

Reviewed 13 May 2014

This hotel is spanking new and fitted out to really high standards. I stayed here for 1 week on a recent business trip. Staff at the hotel couldn't have been more helpful. Most notably John & Shirley at the Savor (Western) Restaurant and Rebecca in Yue - the onsite Chinese restaurant.

There's a stunning 25m pool on the 5th floor and a beautiful spa. Unfortunately there were no English or French speaking staff in the spa when I popped in so I trusted to luck that I'd picked something relaxing since I'd just got off a 12hr flight from LHR but I'd inadvertently paid for a pummeling :/

The hotel is on the outskirts of the city. A taxi to The Bund will take 45 minutes. I had some meetings in the Pubei area so it was perfect for me.

The in-room TV is OK - you get HBO, CNBC, Discovery and Nat Geo.

1  Thank Liam W
Joseph M, General Manager at Pullman Shanghai South, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2015

Dear guest,