“Return Visit”

Rayfont Hongqiao Hotel & Apartments Shanghai
Ranked #2,418 of 5,206 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 8 December 2012

I have stayed here many times I find it very convenient and really good value for the money . Although the respond time from the staff leave a little to be desired. The internet connection once you get it to work is good.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 27 October 2012

I wouldn't waste your money. Even though it is really cheap, you get what you pay for and I would have gladly spent double what we paid here to sleep in a nicer room, with the comfort of knowing the room was clean. I felt like my feet were getting dirty even walking on the carpet. There wasn't anything in particular about the stay that stood out as ridiculously gross, it was just the overall experience just made me feel like I didn't want to touch anything. The staff was fine, no praises or complaints, they just weren't a factor in rating our stay here.

There was a Starbucks around the corner which we appreciated, but other than that, when we tried to walk around the neighborhood there was nothing anywhere in sight we thought would be a store we'd consider going into.

If you're coming to Shanghai on vacation and want to enjoy your time and have the convenience of staying in an area that will have cool/nice places nearby, stay near the French Concession/Xintiandi.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank andan24
Reviewed 11 July 2012

I stayed in Rayfont South Bund Shanghai for one night on a trip through China with my boyfriend at the beginning of April. I booked this hotel in a hurry as we were only staying for one night but quickly regretted it the moment we entered the room. The floor in the room was filthy, the bathroom very outdated, and most importantly, THE BED SPRINGS WERE DIGGING INTO US. My family is from Beijing and I have lived and travelled in China many times, so I can easily tell you that this hotel is not a good deal. We only paid £19 for the stay, which sounds very cheap but for around 200 CNY, you can find a more modern and comfortable room. The hotel was very difficult to find even though I speak and read Chinese so I was not surprised when we saw many foreign tourists wandering around the area with their taxi drivers looking for the hotel (I directed at least three American tourists to the hotel). Please beware that the English name Rayfont is not written anywhere on the hotel itself, which is located inside a residential subdivision, so if you cannot read Chinese, it may be very difficult. Additionally, the hotel staff do not speak English AT ALL, my boyfriend had to rely on me for everything during our stay. If you are looking for a hotel around this price range, I suggest you try Home Inn, a modern and reliable hotel chain that is very popular in China. They should offer a room in Shanghai for a similar price but you are can be sure to receive a comfortable and clean room. Having travelled extensively in China, I expect no frills paying 200 CNY but definitely do expect cleanliness and comfort. Hope this helps.

Room Tip: Try Home Inn instead; same price range, much better quality. Check their website.
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 March 2012

Despite the fact facilities are a bit old, mattress was awful and the shower pressure was very low the rest was good. Room was clean, room service maid very friendly and polite, the staff was very helpful and the only time I had problems with internet access they send a technician to solve the problem right away. I'd say it is a price valuable and it's an easy to find hotel since it's located in one main street, the subway is near (15min walk)

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 December 2011

This apartment complex is great for longer stays, be it for work/business or school purposes. I was there for a month and I really enjoyed the comfort and generous space provided inside their apartments. My roomate and I both had our own big room, balcony and bathroom, our own kitchen, spacious living and dining area, with all the amenities included. You could order delivery from any outside restaurant if you wanted and it was all in all a good experience. The only annoying thing was the card that opened the apartment didn't work half the time, so we always had to call in for help at the reception and wait in front of the door. Wifi doesn't usually work, so you have to use the ethernet cable for your laptop, but I didn't mind it that much. Slight inconvenience with the language barrier, however the personnel did their best to accomodate you. Otherwise, excellent central location, close to the subway and in walking distance to a charming art district Tian Zi Fang, perfect for going out.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 17 November 2011

I stayed in one of those apartments, 33rd floor,
Massive room, enough for four people, Kitchen is missing all its utensils , apparently you can rent them,,,, its a china thing..great apartment though...

Room Tip: Go really high up, to avoid traffic noise, take room opp lift side, because you can hear lift operat...
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 October 2011

This hotel is located in the central of Shanghai and good hotel for longer stay. the rooms are large and good comforts.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends