This hotel has some of the most extreme 'good' and 'bad' points I've seen in a property recently. I was a guest for two nights as part of a business meeting which used the conference services on the lobby level. My main likes: spacious and well-appointed room, comfortable bed, excellent breakfast buffet, good fitness centre/pool options. Main dislikes: airport-like design which means walking forever to your room, 'hit and miss' English fluency among staff, interminable wait for taxis/very remote location with nothing nearby within walking distance. Occasionally you hear a loud 'whooshing' sound as ventilation system kicks in. Some reviewers have welcomed the park-like setting - this is true if that's what you want. Getting anywhere else is a major effort and we waited on two occasions 15 min+ for taxis. Try and arrange them in advance. As others have said, a 'refresh' is now required with scratched floors and shifting carpets making their appearance. The bars have a 2 for 1 Happy Hour which was appreciated. Good exchange rate offered at front desk. Mosquitoes at night outdoors can be a nuisance (thought I had left these at home). Wonderful formal Chinese banquet was offset by a very mediocre steak lunch the next day.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located by the shore of the Shanghai's largest lake, the stylish Le Meridien She Shan set amidst the natural beauty of the She Shan National Tourism Resort. The biggest amusement park in china (Happy Valley) and Chen Shan Botanical Park are only a walking distance away. Metro Line 9 can take you from urban district to hotel conveniently. It's an ideal place for conference and leisure!The 326-bedroom hotel is located within the National Tourist Resort District of She Shan in the northern part of Song Jiang Satellite City in Shanghai. Surrounded by 47 square kilometers of Shanghai's most natural and picturesque landscape. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Yuluxe Sheshan, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel, Shanghai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Meridien She Shan Shanghai Hotel Shanghai
- Le Meridien Shanghai
- Meridien She Shan Shanghai
- Shanghai Le Meridien