Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World
US$240
US$196
US$158
  • Pool
The Kunlun Jing An(Shanghai)
US$154
  • Breakfast included
US$209
US$186
2,479 results
All reviewsrevolving restaurantpeople's squaredome barnanjing roadgreat locationpeople's parkseparate officefamily suiteoffice areatop floorcentral locationwalking streetsubway stationdeluxe roomshopping mallexcellent hotelindoor pool
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Best of all the hotels that we stayed at during our visit to China, excellent western buffet breakfast

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 May 2012

This hotel is in a fantastic location right on Nanjing Rd. If travelling to Shanghai on holidays then this is the area to stay in. The hotel was of a good standard and reception staff were very professional although not overly friendly. The bell boys and concierge staff were excellent and always greeted you as you entered the hotel. The rooms were comfortable with everything we needed and what you would expect from a hotel geared to cater for business people. The buffet breakfast was good. We would stay here again but more because of the location rather than the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle W
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Ive stayed at this hotel 4 times now and never felt the need to look anywhere else. Very comfortable bed, bathroom with bath, probably the best power shower ive ever been in and i love the room layout which has a separate bedroom / office area. The skydome bar has to be experienced at least once just for the "entertainment" value of the phillipina band!
Cant comment on the food here as of an evening we would venture to Xintiandi and people watch - yes the bars and restaurants in this area are a little expensive but what the heck, its great to just sit and watch the world go by.
The hotel has a great location right opposite peoples square and a metro station, just up from Nanjing Rd and the bund.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Fluffysbits
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I had a fantastic experience at the Radisson Blu in Shanghai. I booked it due to the lovely reviews I read on tripadvisor, and wasn't disappointed. The lady who checked me in was very friendly and helpful, pointing out the way to the correct lifts and informing me that I had a room overlooking the park.

My room was on the 31st floor. When I opened the door, I was met with a very nice looking office and through the door was the bedroom. As I was promised, I had a stunning view overlooking the park. Everything in the room was very modern and looked great. A very large bath, separate showerroom and toilet, with all the amenities.

Location wise, it's hard to miss this hotel in People's Square. It was a perfect place to go shopping or sightseeing, and not too far from where my sister and brother-in-law were staying on the Bund. The only downside is that even on the 31st floor, I could still hear all the car horns from the traffic. But that was a very small downside in comparison to the rest of the visit! If I ever come back to Shanghai, I will definitely stay in the Radisson again.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo

How to go?
Taking a cab from Shanghai Pudong Airport will cost you about RMB170. It will take about 45 mins to arrive.

Room:
I stayed in the superior room. I was given a middie floor level. The room size is ok only and in fact a bit to the small side. The room I have had a view of next building roof top. Look slighty further you able to see a bit of Nanjing street and also the Oriental pearl. However, there is too many buildings blocking here and there to consider it a nice view. There is a small little bay window where you can sit. Also a small little working area. Overall, it seems a bit cramped.
The amenities in the room are pretty ok. A LCD TV, mini fridge, safe etc... The bed is big but not very comfortable. The pillows are ok. There are complementary bottle waters, wifi and newspaper.

Bathroom:
The bathroom is pretty small. It has a glass wall which you can lower the blind for privacy. Showering is in the bathtub and amenties are all standard. Towels are ok and not too impressive. During my stay, I encounter a problem with the towel bowl. The flush is very weak at times and then at another time, it is flooded!! I also feel the water quality seems like not good where I find tiny bubble like particles.

Services:
When I arrive at the entrance lobby, the bell boy are offers to help me with my baggage. The check in and check out is pretty fast. The counter staff are pretty friendly and speaks rather good English. The staffs at the door are also helpful and greets you. There is turn down service.

Hotel:
The location of the hotel is easily of the best out there! It is just located alone the main shopping belt. The building next to it is a big department stall and also Madame Tussauds which is connected by a door. Subway station is just across the road which is the interchange to many location. Many more department stalls are within 5 mins walking distance. Also a big park is just across the road and also Shanghai Museum. If you dun take breakfast in hotel, tonnes of eateries can be found just around the hotel. Starbucks, KFC, McDonalds are easily found. If you full of energy, you can walk to the bund in 25 mins.

Verdict:
The best of Radisson Blu has to be the fantastic location! Also the staffs are attentive and doing their jobs well. However, the room is a bit small and does not offer good view at mid level. If you need a no frill hotel, on a short business trip or want to do lots of shopping, this hotel is pretty neat.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Travelling_Craze