“Epicure on 45 -”

Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World
Ranked #43 of 5,222 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Had lunch at this revolving restaurant on the 45th floor of the hotel.
My colleague and I had the gnocchi, with a side salad, delicious. The views are amazing as you slowly revolve around and have a 360degree view of Shanghai.
Service was impeccable, compliments to the chef and the attentive staff.
Thank you for a lovely lunch.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Clive M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Epicure on 45 in Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

I am very pleased you enjoyed the views from our amazing restaurant as you circuited the Shanghai skyline, 208 meters above the ground. Showcasing kitchens from Europe, China, Japan and India, we have an array of cuisine to satisfy a wide variety of palettes. Whilst the day time view is amazing, the evening view is even more spectacular as the city lights up! Another great hint is after you finish dinner, head two floors up to enjoy an evening cocktail in our Sky Dome Bar with live music every evening.

Clive Murray

Write a ReviewReviews (2,407)

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We had a one night stopover in Shanghai and wanted a central location so booked the Radisson Blue New World. We were very impressed at the convenient location as we took the metro from the airport (with one change) straight to the hotel. We had a fantastic large room with a view of the bund! Watching the sun set over Shanghai with the bright lights was breathtaking. We walked down the main shopping street round the corner from the hotel to get some dinner (so much choice) and then we continued to the bund (about 30 min walk from the hotel). Brilliant place to stay to get a taste of Shanghai!

Room Tip: High floor facing the bund
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Clive M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

I am very pleased you found our hotel a “brilliant” place to stay in Shanghai. As you have highlighted, our Bund view rooms have the most spectacular view over the Shanghai skyline. I couldn’t agree more that sunset/dusk is the best possible time to see Shanghai is all of its lit up beauty. For those not booking a Bund view room, our Epicure revolving restaurant on the 45th floor, or Sky Dome Bar on the 47th floor are other locations in the hotel to see great views, with both being over 200 meters above the street level. The hotel’s central location is easily accessible by subway or taxi and we are only a short walk to many major tourist attractions, and of course, Nanjing Road is one of the world’s most amazing shopping streets.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Excellent Location. Very Near to the Metro and Nanjing Road.
Room was superb (Everything was at par) 5 stars
Food was delicious 5 stars
Though checking in and checking out was arranged by our travel agency, billing service was fast.
My only complaint about the hotel are the waiters in the restaurant who were'nt really that helpful due to the language barrier. ( some cannot understand simple english ).
Over-all I rate this hotel 4 stars only.

NOTE: There is no access to Facebook in China, but this hotel has access.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Clive M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

I am very pleased we met your expectations and you had an enjoyable experience in our perfectly located hotel in Shanghai. Being located on Nanjing Road, directly opposite People’s Square and immediately above 3 subway lines, this is an ideal location to base yourself to experience Shanghai. Thank you for your feedback regarding the language barrier. Training and language skills make up a critical part of our hotel operation and we will continue to focus on these areas to ensure we exceed our guest’s expectations.

Reviewed 11 July 2014

I stayed at this hotel last year and have to say that it was good for the price. The main attraction is the location as it is practically on top of the line that runs from Longyang road (Mag Lev Station from Pudong Airport). This makes it cheap and easy to get to with luggage. It is also surrounded by attractions, shops and restaurants to suit any taste.

Rooms were well sized and well organised and the staff were reasonable in accommodating requests. I requested an early check-in and it was not acknowledged though they were able to get me into a room slightly earlier.

The only real concern for me that will make me consider whether to stay again is the sale of shark fin soup. While I am aware this is a Chinese delicacy the blatant advertising and sale of this in an international hotel chain is not really on. In this day and age this should not really be condoned by international hotels as it is a barbaric thing to eat given how they are collected. I have stayed at many hotels in China that do not serve this dish in their restaurants.

Other than this the hotel was a comfortable place to stay and is only marked down for the restaurant.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

As you have highlighted, our location is truly amazing for a hotel in Shanghai. Being only a short walk to the Bund and directly above three subway lines, this location is convenient for all major attractions. Thank you for comments regarding our Chinese menu items and I will personally look at these to ensure we care for our environment.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

The best aspect of this hotel is its convenient location, situated across the street from People's Square, People's Park and People's Square subway station, where you can access 3 subway lines. It's about a 5 minutes walk from Nanjing Pedestrian Road (take the underground subway passage to cut across the street). And it's about 20 minutes away from The Bund (I'm a slow walker and the street was crowded).

The service was standard, most of the staff we interacted with spoke English. We had the deluxe room and a view of People's Park. The room was spacious, with a living room, a bedroom, and a large bathroom. Overall a reasonable hotel.

I would really appreciate it if you could please check out the travel page of my blog Simply Gluttonous, where you can find a full blog post on Radisson Blu New World Hotel, as well as a list of other restaurants I visited during my Chinese trip.

Thank you for your time! :)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

As a regular traveler to our hotel I sincerely appreciate your support and your feedback is extremely important to us. As you have highlighted, our location in Shanghai is second to none. The hotel is ideally located on Nanjing Road, directly above 3 subway lines and only a short walk to the Bund.

As a regular traveler, we hope you have visited our amazing Epicure on 45 revolving restaurant with panoramic views across Shanghai, and the equally impressive Sky Dome Bar on the 47th floor with live music 7 days per week.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

My partner and I have enjoyed a 5 day stay at the Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World. The public areas of the hotel are very stylish, yet comfortable and inviting. The rooms are nice although at a lower level than the public areas. Many reviewers mentioned a strange smell. I, too, noticed it, but it didn't bother me that much. I'm pretty sure that it is not insecticide as others have mentioned, but rather the polish used on the wood furniture. Housekeeping does a good job and are quite pleasant, but, perhaps, they are a little heavy on the polish.

Clearly the advantage of this property is the location. If this is your first trip to Shanghai, I can't think of a better location. The hotel is directly on Nanjing Rd. The pedestrian section of the road ends right before the hotel to the east, so you could have a taxi pick you up directly in front of the hotel. However, we opted to walk or to use the subway, which is directly across the street. Nanjing Rd is one of the great shopping roads in the world. There are countless shops. Many are hidden. You must enter the malls and other buildings to access them.

The only thing I didn't like about the hotel is that I thought the breakfast buffet price was too high. I just didn't think $34 per person was worth it because we don't like to start the day eating too much. There is a Chinese bakery, though, about one or two blocks west of the hotel on Nanjing Rd on the same side of the street that was good. For me, this was a better breakfast option. In addition, there are many local restaurants serving dim sum/steam buns and breakfast soups in the streets a bit northwest of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank realrere
Clive M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

I fully agree with your comment that Nanjing Road is one of the best shopping streets in the world. From high end brands to absolute bargains, it is truly an amazing street. Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World is located in the middle of Nanjing Road, directly opposite People’s Square and directly above 3 subway lines. We are also only a short walk from the Bund, thus it is the ideal location for a hotel in Shanghai.

I greatly appreciate your comments regarding the room and breakfast. Comments, whether negative or positive allow us to improve our product offering to ensure our guests have an amazing stay in Shanghai.

Reviewed 5 July 2014

Everything from the reception,rooms, to the staff was good, breakfast was spread out and had varities. The best part was the revolving restaurant with live music at the top. Really enjoyed the stay out there

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank MalayNandu
Clive M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay with us and I am even more pleased that you experienced our amazing revolving restaurant Epicure on 45 with panoramic views across Shanghai and the equally impressive Sky Dome Bar on the 47th floor with live music 7 days per week. In Shanghai there is no better location than our hotel and it’s the ideal location to base yourself to explore this truly beautiful city.

Again, thank you for your review.