“highly recommand”

Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World
Ranked #36 of 5,112 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 24 August 2014

this hotel locates at a very good location, easily reach to subway line 1, 2, 8. just very close to the famouse walking street -Nanjing Road. There is a very good swimming pool with good size. The restaurants on 45 floor is amazing, you may enjoy your food of many choice while enjoy the night view of Shanghai. If you do not include the breakfast into your room rate, you can easily reach a Starback just 20 meters to the right of the hotel. So generally speaking, it is highly recommanded hotel. I think I will always stay here if I am in Shanghai.You wont be disappointed for your choice.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
Clive M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and if visiting again you will be our valued return guest. As you have highlighted in your review, we have an amazing location on the famous shopping street of Nanjing Road, directly opposite People’s Square and above 3 metro lines. I am glad that you experienced our amazing revolving restaurant, Epicure on 45 with 360 degree panoramic views across Shanghai.

Again, thank you for your positive review and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

There are newer reviews for Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World

999 - 1,005 of 2,237 reviews

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Overall service and value are good. I will choose this hotel and recommend to friends and colleagues & other people who ask my opinions. The 47 floor restaruant is highly recommended. The food and beverage are fatasitic and delicious. The view is money can not buy. Our family and friends had a wonder dinner and enjoy the 360 degress sight seeing.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

Thank you so much for your positive comments regarding our hotel and I am very pleased you enjoyed our amazing Epicure on 45 revolving restaurant with 360 degree panoramic views of Shanghai. We also have an amazing bar two floors above called Sky Dome Bar that features live music 7 nights per week.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

On first impressions this hotel looks good but our experience was not a good one. We were allocated a room, despite having booked six months in advance and me being a gold card member for this brand of hotels that did not have any windows. It was effectively a cupboard. When we asked to move there were no other rooms available. The room was also next to some kind of electric generator so was incredibly noisy. Again we complained but nothing could be done.

Its signature rotating restaurant has a very dated feel to it and was incredibly overpriced. Four example they charged nearly $20 for a bottle of Evian mineral water.

Breakfast was also disappointing experience and a very poor selection of dried out pastries, meats etc.

The hotel's one redeeming feature is its location which is good for most sightseeing/shopping.

Shanghai is a city where you can get good service and good value-but not at this hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank PKLH

Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

I was most concerned that you didn’t feel the stay met your expectation. Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World is consistently rated in the top 1% of all hotels in Shanghai thus your comments require further investigation. I sincerely request that you contact me directly at cmurray@radisson.com so I can further investigate your comments.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

the location is convenient and it took me a few minutes to travel to the Nanjin Road leisure path. Nice room and facilities with lovely city view facing a park, helpful staff, good swimming pool and gym. Fair internet connection at hotel room, though it's free. No chance to try the food yet. Recommend for couple and family.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

Thank you for your positive comments about the rooms, facilities and service from our helpful staff. There is no doubt that we are the best location in the heart of Shanghai, directly on the Nanjing Road, with shopping, dining and entertainment all within a short walk and we also have the convenience of being directly above 3 subway lines making accessibility very easy.

Again, thank you for your positive review and recommend. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Very nice hotel in the city centre, I highly recommend it for its excellent position right on the Renmin Square, just one minute walk from the metro station. My room was clean and spacious, the check-in procedure was quick and efficient.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

I sincerely appreciate your positive comments regarding our location directly opposite People’s Square and am very pleased you found the room and check in to your liking. We are also very lucky to be located on Nanjing Road, a true shopping paradise and also only a short walk to the Bund.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I booked this hotel through Makemytrip.com and got a confirmed booking for Check-in date 18th July 2014 for 2 nights. My hotel Booking number given by makemytrip is NH210613682257.
During check-in I was asked to give my credit card for security and the lady at the reception charged it for INR 7970.35. When I enquired I was told that this is security amount and this will be refunnded during check-out.
On the date of check-out I had to clear my food bill. I asked the lady at the reception to adjust the food bill through my already swapped card. But she insisted that I pay by cash and the security amount will be credited back in my account in next 7 days.
To my horror I got my credit card statement last week with INR7970.35 showing as debit which my bank wants me to pay. I am feeling absolutely betrayed and such kind of un-professional attitude is not expected by Radisson Blu.
I tried to find the feedback form on hotel's website but i could not find it. neither I could find any phone number where I can register my complaint. Getting an attorney is the only solution I find now.
The stay was wonderful but I am feeling betrayed.

Room Tip: Any room above 25th floor will give good views
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Clive M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

I was most concerned to read of your concerns so I took the liberty to fully investigate. Upon checking in to the hotel, your credit card was pre-authorized for RMB1,000. This is standard practice throughout the world. This is a temporary hold on funds and is reversed upon check out. After your two day stay, your final bill came to RMB788.95, with the remaining RMB211.05 to be refunded to your card. I can assure you that no over-charging or theft has taken place on your credit card and I am more than happy to further explain this to you with relevant documentation if you wish to contact me via email at cmurray@radisson,com.

Best regards

Reviewed 14 August 2014

Lovely central hotel with two rooms in Suite each with a TV! Fantastic buffet with more types of fish than I knew there were in the sea! Taxi from Pu Dong Airport is 170 of local money; that is about 34 NZD. Not bad for 50 min ride. Hotel is above subway to Airport but I could not find an esculator down for return trip, just lots of steps. So took another taxi.

Room Tip: Higher up the better the view
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Clive M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

Thank you so much for your positive comments regarding our hotel. I am very pleased you enjoyed our deluxe room with a separate work area and adjoining bedroom and of course our sumptuous seafood buffet in Windows on the Park restaurant. The hotel is directly above 3 subway lines making accessibility very easy. The hotels location on Nanjing Road is the epicenter of Shanghai, with shopping, dining and entertainment all within a short walk.

Again, thank you for your positive review.

Best regards