“goodness at its best”

Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World
Ranked #38 of 5,138 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 1 September 2014

The very first impression of this hotel gives you a nice feeling.Very efficient check in,good smiling faces at check in desk,Well mannered staff adds to your joy when you find that you have stolen a very good bargain.
It is a difficult task to find flaws in this property,the only one is lack good English speaking staff but you can manage this.this hotel commands excellent location just opposite to people square metro station-exit 8 & just off the glittering east Nanjing road pedestrian street full of shopping & eating areas around.
Clean hotel with a revolving restaurant on 45th floor which is a multi cousine eating place adds to the goodness of this place.I assure you whether your are a westerner,,indian, ,Chinese,japanese, or from some other nationality. you would love to eat in epicure-45.
in short I enjoyed this property 4x to the amount I paid.
highly recommended to everyone

Room Tip: Stay at the highest floor possible
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Clive M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

Thank you so much for your positive comments regarding our hotel, especially your key highlighted points about our location, dining experience and friendly staff. Our team is very focused on delivering our famous “Yes I Can” service philosophy and I thank you for your recommendation.

Again, thank you for your positive review and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

I have travelled to 14 countries now and this is the best hotel that I've ever stayed in :)
The best thing about this hotel was the Sky Bar. Awesome band from the Philippines and great drinks :)
The staff were all friendly and very helpful. I would highly recommend staying in this hotel if your in Shanghai :)

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank JackRoberts92
Clive M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World, responded to this reviewResponded 1 September 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

I am very pleased to hear that out of your global travels you found Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World the best hotel you have ever stayed in. This is wonderful feedback and I will share this with my entire team. As you have highlighted, our Sky Dome Bar on the 47th floor sits well over 200 meters above the ground with live music 7 evenings per week. I am glad our staff delivered their famous “Yes I Can” service and I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.

Reviewed 29 August 2014

We booked this based on Tripadvisor reviews, and our expectations were high.
To our great delight our expectations were not just me they were exceeded.

The hotel lovely, clean and tidy, with friendly staff genuinely keen to help. I had breakfast one morning and it was very well priced for a hotel of this standard.

The Skydome bar is nice but under used, with great views over Shanghai.

The hotel is perfectly sited for Nanjing Road, Metro (Peoples Square) station.

Would we stay again? Most certainly.

Room Tip: They are all good
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kathekas

Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and we would love to have you to return to us. As you have highlighted in your review, we have an amazing location on the famous shopping street of Nanjing Road, directly opposite People’s Square and above 3 metro lines. I am glad that you experienced our Sky Dome Bar and I truly hope you could experience our Epicure on 45 revolving restaurant on your next trip.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

this hotel locates at a very good location, easily reach to subway line 1, 2, 8. just very close to the famouse walking street -Nanjing Road. There is a very good swimming pool with good size. The restaurants on 45 floor is amazing, you may enjoy your food of many choice while enjoy the night view of Shanghai. If you do not include the breakfast into your room rate, you can easily reach a Starback just 20 meters to the right of the hotel. So generally speaking, it is highly recommanded hotel. I think I will always stay here if I am in Shanghai.You wont be disappointed for your choice.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Radisson Hotels
Clive M, General Manager at Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and if visiting again you will be our valued return guest. As you have highlighted in your review, we have an amazing location on the famous shopping street of Nanjing Road, directly opposite People’s Square and above 3 metro lines. I am glad that you experienced our amazing revolving restaurant, Epicure on 45 with 360 degree panoramic views across Shanghai.

Reviewed 23 August 2014

Overall service and value are good. I will choose this hotel and recommend to friends and colleagues & other people who ask my opinions. The 47 floor restaruant is highly recommended. The food and beverage are fatasitic and delicious. The view is money can not buy. Our family and friends had a wonder dinner and enjoy the 360 degress sight seeing.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

Thank you so much for your positive comments regarding our hotel and I am very pleased you enjoyed our amazing Epicure on 45 revolving restaurant with 360 degree panoramic views of Shanghai. We also have an amazing bar two floors above called Sky Dome Bar that features live music 7 nights per week.

Reviewed 20 August 2014

On first impressions this hotel looks good but our experience was not a good one. We were allocated a room, despite having booked six months in advance and me being a gold card member for this brand of hotels that did not have any windows. It was effectively a cupboard. When we asked to move there were no other rooms available. The room was also next to some kind of electric generator so was incredibly noisy. Again we complained but nothing could be done.

Its signature rotating restaurant has a very dated feel to it and was incredibly overpriced. Four example they charged nearly $20 for a bottle of Evian mineral water.

Breakfast was also disappointing experience and a very poor selection of dried out pastries, meats etc.

The hotel's one redeeming feature is its location which is good for most sightseeing/shopping.

Shanghai is a city where you can get good service and good value-but not at this hotel.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank PKLH

Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

I was most concerned that you didn’t feel the stay met your expectation. Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World is consistently rated in the top 1% of all hotels in Shanghai thus your comments require further investigation. I sincerely request that you contact me directly at cmurray@radisson.com so I can further investigate your comments.

Reviewed 19 August 2014

the location is convenient and it took me a few minutes to travel to the Nanjin Road leisure path. Nice room and facilities with lovely city view facing a park, helpful staff, good swimming pool and gym. Fair internet connection at hotel room, though it's free. No chance to try the food yet. Recommend for couple and family.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review Radisson Blu Hotel Shanghai New World.

Thank you for your positive comments about the rooms, facilities and service from our helpful staff. There is no doubt that we are the best location in the heart of Shanghai, directly on the Nanjing Road, with shopping, dining and entertainment all within a short walk and we also have the convenience of being directly above 3 subway lines making accessibility very easy.

Again, thank you for your positive review and recommend. I look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip.