“great room size, great location, helpful staff”

Pullman Shanghai Skyway Hotel
Ranked #67 of 5,105 Hotels in Shanghai
Fort Lee, New Jersey
“great room size, great location, helpful staff”
Reviewed 30 May 2013

we were traveling with small baby 1 & 2 year old so we needed clean floors as they are playing on it a lot. My biggest disappointment was that the carpet have not been shampooed in awhile and it was quite dirty. I can tell because my kids rubbed a lot of that onto themselves.
Otherwise, the staff was friendly, good amenities (ie baby crib, dvd player, etc.) The location is good, subway is across the street and taxis are abundant (most of the time).
I would recommend this place.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

pullmanshskyway, Manager at Pullman Shanghai Skyway Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2013
Dear DJ1415,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Shanghai Skyway. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence. So far, our Houeskeeping department has made the schedule to clean the carpet in the whole building.

Also, I will share your comments with our team. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Pullman Shanghai Skyway

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Tianjin, China
Reviewed 28 May 2013

I stayed for three nights and booked the cheapest room through an Australian website, it cost less than $100 AUD per night. As a Le Club Accor member, when I checked in, I was upgraded to a Junior Suite and was able to access the Executive Lounge.
The room was amazing, separate lounge, bedroom, entrance hall, ensuite. Everything was VERY clean, amenities such as shower and bathroom products all very good. Breakfast in the lounge on the 32nd floor was good. A great selection of different foods, but the one thing which was lacking was the Chinese food! But that didn't really detract from the experience, having been in an European hotel.
The staff were amazing, in particular, Ken (checked me in on Saturday night). He could not have been more polite and friendly. English is not the first language of many of the staff members, but they really do make an effort, and for that, I applaud them.
Unreal location, being almost directly opposite Dapuqiao station, this was such a great place to stay.

One of the lamps in the room didn't have a bulb (room 1606) but apart from that, I couldn't really fault it. As another contributor has written, if you're using a Mac, bring an Ethernet adapter. I just went over the road to the shopping centre and found a Mac reseller who sold me one (about 250RMB, Apple-branded).

Something which needs to be looked at is the lifts. There were maybe 10 or 11 lift shafts, but when you select the button at one end, it only registers on four or five of the lifts, and at times, I think I had to wait up to five minutes before a lift would arrive (especially when on the pool level!), so each time I would want the lift, you would have to go and press each of the up or down arrows on the lifts or you could wait forever. So something needs to be fixed there.

I believe the Executive Lounge is moving up to the Presidential Suite (55 floor or similar), so the view will be amazing once that is done.

MOST amazingly comfortable bed I've slept in!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for a room which looks toward Pudong. This is NOT room 1605-1608. I think they're around roo...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Dear TVH3121,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Shanghai Skyway. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 28 May 2013

The hotel is fine, however it quite old and overpriced. It is not at the "pullman" standard that I have come to know from this brand of hotel. Beds are hard, rooms are old, there is no wifi in the rooms, breakfast is average and locations isn't great.

Dear Gmeas,

Turin, Italy
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I is a good 5 start hotel but far from european standards. Internet is not so good: not so fast and wifi is available only in the lobby and in public parts..so if You have a mac air bring Your adaptor for lan cable. The food in on average (is a quality problem not a quantity problem). rooms are big and weel equipped. Bathroom is big with a bath and a shower. The view at the opposite, particularly if You are at the highest floors is wonderful..with the permission of the fog

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
pullmanshskyway, Manager at Pullman Shanghai Skyway Hotel, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Dear FabrizC,

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Comfort and good size study desk ideally positioned in the room. Room is spacious, However, the air conditioner has purposely shut off after mid night for unknown reason that in huge contrast against its 5 star hotel image

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

pullmanshskyway, Manager at Pullman Shanghai Skyway Hotel, responded to this review, 14 June 2013
Dear fryjelly,

Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 23 May 2013 via mobile

I stayed here for business and found the hotel to have everything I needed. The room was super clean and beautiful. Nice bed, great linens, spacious bathroom with great in room amenities. Room service was prompt and delicious. Pool and fitness center adequate with super friendly staff. Did not use the spa. Buffet was okay. Didn't eat any other meals in their restaurant. Bar wasn't open during posted hours but there are so many restaurants, the mall and the metro are so close you don't have to go far to find something to do.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear JSK50,

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 May 2013

I was quite disappointed about this stay as the hardware of this property does not matched Pullman's brand. The room offered was below average with a lot of rusting on the bathtub. My company booked a big meeting room for regional meeting but unfortunately the carpet of the whole room was very dirty and the buffet provided on 49/F was bad as well. The whole group needed to book an outside restaurant for lunch on the next day. I like the brand but I really hope the selection of franchaised properties could be more associated to the brand value. Overall i am disappointed about this property.

Dear ahju,