“Go for the Exec/Club Room options”

Pullman Shanghai Skyway Hotel
Ranked #58 of 5,206 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Good location for the hotel - the Subway is located just across the road , or a taxi down to the Bund only takes 15-20mins.
We opted for the Exec/Club room option. Rooms was lovely - spacious, clean and modern.
The main attraction is the Lounge on Floor 52. Views are fantastic and we took advantage of the 5.30-7.30pm nightly free drinks and 'nibbles'.
Breakfast options on Floor49 were much more extensive but used by the whole hotel so it felt very busy, whereas on Floor 52 things were much more relaxed
Unlike many 'exec' rooms, this is huge, spacious and never feels overcrowded.
The staff (in particular - Diletta) were very welcoming , friendly and professional and really enhanced our holiday experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
QApullmanshskyway, Manager at Pullman Shanghai Skyway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Shanghai Skyway. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,180)

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Clients checked me in this hotel.
Was given a suite and the Hotel upgrades me to the penthouse suite.

Views amazing, breathtaking in fact. Very central.. Decor.. Absolutely ancient. Very strong smells right through the penthouse.. Cheap furnishing made to look expensive right through out the room.
My room fuse blew almost immediately entering the room shutting down power.

There is absolutely no atmosphere in the Lobby area. Almost no lobby.

Elevator swipes just do not work. There were a few others I met on the way up and way down that had the same issue.

The coffee shop was bad.. Atmosphere non existent. I had a business meeting there with my ient and it just didn't feel comfortable.

I checked out the very next day. Trust me.. It's a good area and central, views are awesome.. And it stops there.

This hotel needs an upgrade pretty badly.

Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Shanghai Skyway. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

On each of my recent trips to Shanghai, on the first and last night of each trip, I have stayed at the Pullman. The reception is wonderful, with attentive personnel ready to help in every way they can. The rooms are amazing, and on most nights I have received a free upgrade. Beds are extremely comfortable, the views are relatively OK, and the room service is excellent. Their breakfast selection is huge (on Level 49) and diverse and you would be very picky if something did not suit you as they cover American and Asian style well. I did not try their evening buffet, but instead went for the A La Carte menu. Although the food is presented very well, they certainly need to improve the thickness of the steaks and the duration they cook it for. At the end of the meal, the waitress even asked if I could recommend any improvements in the way they served the food which was quite amusing and I did offer my tips :-) I will be returning in a few weeks and again, I will stay at the Pullman as it is convenient, and more than meets my needs.

Room Tip: Even the lower floor lesser cost rooms are good value for money. But the cost of the upper level lar...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Food in executive lounge poor and very limited in variety. Some staff are qualified in hospitality but many are not. High level of incompetence and lack of knowledge. Apologies aplenty for all sorts of things not working prooerly. Products in level 52 suite are what yiu get in standard rooms in any hotel in China. Bathroom pokey. Sitting room over furnished in poor taste.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Pullmanhotels.com
1  Thank Nancy C
QApullmanshskyway, Manager at Pullman Shanghai Skyway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Nancy,

Thank you for your comments regarding your last stay at the Pullman Shanghai Skyway.

I will transfer your feedback to the concerned departments, please rest assured that we will make the proper corrections and improvements in the related areas.

Once again let us thank you for taking the time to share your experience - It is our hope to have the chance to better serve you in the near future.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Hotel was really good, it's about 20 minutes by taxi from the main shopping area which is good if you want to escape the busy streets. There's not a lot of shops around the hotel but it's still in a good location. We had a suite and it was massive, the room was really clean and bed was comfortable. The breakfast buffet is unreal, it has everything you can think of and the views from the top floor of the hotel is beautiful.
The concierge was brilliant, they knew their stuff and it always easy to get a taxi.
The only downside was when you check in you have to pay your deposit and it gets released when you check out but it takes 7 days to go back onto your credit card which means when you settle your account you have to pay again as the deposit doesn't come directly off your account

• Stayed: April 2014
QApullmanshskyway, Manager at Pullman Shanghai Skyway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2014

Dear guest,

Thank you for your positive comments regarding your last stay at the Pullman Shanghai Skyway.

We are glad to read that our Concierge assisted you effectively with your transportation and also that you enjoyed our breakfast selection. I will transfer your feedback to our Front Office and Food and Beverage departments as it will encourage them to keep the quality of products and services at top level.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again soon.

Warmest regards,

Reviewed 27 May 2014

I stayed here for 10 nights in May while on Business. Check-in and check-out was easy and all the staff were all polite and efficient. As a Platinum member I was treated very well, especially in the Executive Lounge and a discount on food and dry cleaning. The Exec Lounge is great and a massive shout out to Eddie and Dorita who were excellent.

The views at the top are great however the hotel could do with a refurbish. Some things are starting to look very dated, especially swimming pool, furniture and breakfast restaurant. Dry cleaning was great and quick.

Breakfast is a massive selection, but different to typical US and European restaurants! Bar is pricey but expect that.

I would come back here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
QApullmanshskyway, Manager at Pullman Shanghai Skyway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear guest,

Our team is glad to read that you enjoyed a great range of our products and services. Regarding our facilities, we are happy to inform you that Pullman Shanghai Skyway will be opening its new restaurant Ginger 15 on June 6th of 2014, we hope you have a chance to try it in your next visit to Shanghai.

Last but not least, I will make sure the concerned associates are well informed about your positive comments as I am sure it will encourage them to continue providing the highest service standards.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 22 May 2014

the hotel itself is very nice but you can see it is getting old and would need a refurbish soon.the breakfast is good with grand views ,nice size rooms and comfy.how ever the location isn't that central. all in all a nice hotel but there are better options.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
QApullmanshskyway, Manager at Pullman Shanghai Skyway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Thank you very much for sharing with us your experience at the Pullman Shanghai Skyway on TripAdvisor.

I will share your feedback with our team to ensure that maintenance and care of our facilities stays always at top level. As it has been some time since your last visit, please allow me to introduce you our new restaurant Ginger 15 which will be open on June 6th with an amazing new concept, we truly believe it will delight your senses and exceed your expectations.

Once again let us thank you for comments, we are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Regards,