Pullman Shanghai Skyway Hotel
US$167
US$84
NewWorldHotels.com
  • Pool
The Kunlun Jing An(Shanghai)
US$191
US$143
  • Restaurant
1,214 results
All reviewsthe executive loungetian zi fangmetro stationplatinum membertop floorbreakfast buffetdeluxe roomfrench concessionlate checkbusiness tripvery nice hotelconvenient locationchinese foodshopping mallnon smokingtianzifangenglish
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 June 2014

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com
QApullmanshskyway, Manager at Pullman Shanghai Skyway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Reviewed 8 June 2014

Good location for the hotel - the Subway is located just across the road , or a taxi down to the Bund only takes 15-20mins.
We opted for the Exec/Club room option. Rooms was lovely - spacious, clean and modern.
The main attraction is the Lounge on Floor 52. Views are fantastic and we took advantage of the 5.30-7.30pm nightly free drinks and 'nibbles'.
Breakfast options on Floor49 were much more extensive but used by the whole hotel so it felt very busy, whereas on Floor 52 things were much more relaxed
Unlike many 'exec' rooms, this is huge, spacious and never feels overcrowded.
The staff (in particular - Diletta) were very welcoming , friendly and professional and really enhanced our holiday experience.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Pullman Shanghai Skyway. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Clients checked me in this hotel.
Was given a suite and the Hotel upgrades me to the penthouse suite.

Views amazing, breathtaking in fact. Very central.. Decor.. Absolutely ancient. Very strong smells right through the penthouse.. Cheap furnishing made to look expensive right through out the room.
My room fuse blew almost immediately entering the room shutting down power.

There is absolutely no atmosphere in the Lobby area. Almost no lobby.

Elevator swipes just do not work. There were a few others I met on the way up and way down that had the same issue.

The coffee shop was bad.. Atmosphere non existent. I had a business meeting there with my ient and it just didn't feel comfortable.

I checked out the very next day. Trust me.. It's a good area and central, views are awesome.. And it stops there.

This hotel needs an upgrade pretty badly.

Stayed: June 2014

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Pullman Shanghai Skyway. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.
At Pullman, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. Please rest assured that we are taking the appropriate measures to address the problem and prevent future occurrence.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

On each of my recent trips to Shanghai, on the first and last night of each trip, I have stayed at the Pullman. The reception is wonderful, with attentive personnel ready to help in every way they can. The rooms are amazing, and on most nights I have received a free upgrade. Beds are extremely comfortable, the views are relatively OK, and the room service is excellent. Their breakfast selection is huge (on Level 49) and diverse and you would be very picky if something did not suit you as they cover American and Asian style well. I did not try their evening buffet, but instead went for the A La Carte menu. Although the food is presented very well, they certainly need to improve the thickness of the steaks and the duration they cook it for. At the end of the meal, the waitress even asked if I could recommend any improvements in the way they served the food which was quite amusing and I did offer my tips :-) I will be returning in a few weeks and again, I will stay at the Pullman as it is convenient, and more than meets my needs.

Room Tip: Even the lower floor lesser cost rooms are good value for money. But the cost of the upper level larger rooms is not much more at approximately 800-900 RMB per night. However, sometimes size doesn't matter :-)
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 3 June 2014

Food in executive lounge poor and very limited in variety. Some staff are qualified in hospitality but many are not. High level of incompetence and lack of knowledge. Apologies aplenty for all sorts of things not working prooerly. Products in level 52 suite are what yiu get in standard rooms in any hotel in China. Bathroom pokey. Sitting room over furnished in poor taste.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Pullmanhotels.com
1  Thank Nancy C
QApullmanshskyway, Manager at Pullman Shanghai Skyway Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Nancy,

Thank you for your comments regarding your last stay at the Pullman Shanghai Skyway.

I will transfer your feedback to the concerned departments, please rest assured that we will make the proper corrections and improvements in the related areas.

Once again let us thank you for taking the time to share your experience - It is our hope to have the chance to better serve you in the near future.

Warmest regards,