“Nice hotel and nicer location”

Hundred Centuries Hotel
Ranked #1,474 of 5,222 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 12 May 2014

SHCH is a good hotel. Decorated with modern decor and nice staff. Good breakfast. Modern room with very comfy bed and big bathroom decorated with marble. Even better, it's about 50 meters from the South Xizang Rd Metro stop. I was able to get to both Pudong and Shanghai airports from here in about 45-60 mins. Getting to the Bund was about 20 mins. I'd stay here again. My only small gripe is WiFi is only in the main lobby. Other than that very good hotel.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Just stayed there last night. I arrived in Shanghai at 10 PM, the metro was closed, all the buses into town were closed, so I just went to get a taxi. If you arrive to Shanghai in the morning or afternoon you can easily take the metro to this hotel!
Well, here is how I got there...

In line (there was this HUGE line full of people waiting for the taxis in the rain) I met this guy that looked French. I spoke to him in French and he said he was German. We got to talking and he told me it would be about 200 Ruan to get to the hotel. That is about 32 dollars!

Well, what I should have done was print the address in CHINESE because the taxi drivers could not read English at all. So here is what we did. He lived near a cool bar called BAR ROUGE, and so we drove there since he knew where to direct the cab driver. Once there I paid him 100 Yuan and got out to check out this cool bar! Then, once inside, I got some really cool bar worker to write out the directions in Chinese. Then later when I left (the bar is open all night) I got in the cab and it was only 28 Yuan to go to This hotel.

It is just right around the corner from the Metro (Line 4 South Xizang metro).

So once inside I had to give 300 Yuan deposit, and the desk girl spoke some English. I went up to room 425, no windows but super quiet, and big, with one huge bed in the room. Slept good, got a wake up call at 9 AM , went and had breakfast (not the Hilton by far, but eggs cooked for you, some Chinese dishes, milk, bread, and some good stir fry vegetables) From there went out and took the metro to the Shangai Museum (which was only about 4 stops away).

I had a great stay. Room was clean, comfortable, warm (it was raining out).

Room Tip: If you want a room with a window ask for it.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jeffrey W
Reviewed 18 March 2013

The hotel is not at the city centre, however it is very nice access to go anywhere.

There are two underground lines crossing.
The station is near the hotel.
It is only one minute by walk.

The room is very wide, clean, and the beds are also very wide. There are a lot of amenities, so you can get a very comfortable stay.
The breakfast included. It is not bad.
If you are looking for a budget hotel, I suppose it is the best.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank 梓
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Location is fairly good - right next to the South Xizang metro station on lines 8 and 4, with easy access into city centre. Area itself is fine, there are some small shops (e.g. a convenience shop across the road), but not a part of the city you'd go out of your way to visit.

Room was good - clean, modern, fairly large, nicely decorated, decent internet connection (through plug-in only, no wireless), good bathroom.

The main disappointment for us was that our room didn't have a window. We booked through Elong and had been led to believe that we were getting a with-window room at a discount price (there was a separate option for no-window rooms), but ended up being put in a no-window room nonetheless. We suspected this might happen, and in the end it was fine, but a disappointment nonetheless.

I'll probably stay there again on future visits to Shanghai - a good mid-range option.

Room Tip: Be careful when booking to make sure that room has a window, if that's something you care about...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Maria T
Reviewed 19 August 2012

The hotel is located right next to the subway station (less than 100m) and the staff was very friendly.
We booked the cheapest room possible which had no windows, but it did not affect the quality of the air, since there was some sort of circulating system that prevented the room from smelling awkward. The only negative aspect about not having windows was the lack of daylight which made us a bit tired in the morning.
Apart from that, the room was very big and very clean.
The breakfast was alright, just the usual buffet you get in a chinese hotel.
In comparison to the price we paid, the hotel was great.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Lucc27
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Location is not in the Bund, as advertised by TripAdvisor. It's just SW of Old Town, but there is a subway stop literally right outside the front door, so you can get wherever you want in town with relative ease. Very modern facility, nice rooms. Ate at the restaurant for dinner and breakfast. Dinner was very good; breakfast was average Chinese buffet. Room had no wifi, but the Ethernet ports worked fine, and I believe they provide a cable. Bathroom was very nice. Beds huge; one of the biggest rooms I had in all of China. Very reasonable price. I was a little surprised to find the carpet incongruously stained for how clean the place was (none of that Chinese cigarette stench), but not a huge deal. Room had a safe.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank TherouxWannabe
Reviewed 4 August 2011

We stayed here while accompanying my husband on a business trip. The room was spacious with modern decor and a large luxury bathroom. Beds are hard but great for your back. We were only a few minutes walk from the metro and 15 minute taxi rides from other attractions. While the staff were friendly we had a few problems communicating our requirements for double beds during checkin. (2 couples, one 6 year old and a single turning up separately didn't assist this process). Also what appears to be the usual issue-ridden and elongated checkout process was provided. Breakfast was included and of a good standard with enough western options to suit the six year old and great dumplings and steamed buns for the grownups. I would stay again though. The hotel is good value for money.

Room Tip: Invest the time at the front desk negotiating for what you want. Generally they want to give couples...
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled on business