Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences
Ranked #93 of 5,069 Hotels in Shanghai
Exeter, United Kingdom
“Good Location”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The location of the hotel is pretty accessible to the local underground station, it is also very convenient to get to the airport via the Maglev. There is a local shopping centre nearby which sells all the essentials. The breakfast is average which serves some European and Asian cuisine. The services in the hotel is often slow. The room is modern although they can update on the TV and provide free internet service (there is free internet access in the hotel lobby).

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, 11 June 2014
On behalf of hotel management of Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel and Residence and Four Points Complex, I would like to thank you for your recently stay and spent valuable time to complete our online questionnaire.

I wish to take this opportunity to extend my sincere apology for your valuable comments which related with hotel service. The management team has been alerted and certainly more attention been taken on retraining.We will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.

Thank you once again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 1 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the apartment building on my last business trip. Location is ideal. It's a short ride to office and surroundings offer wide selection of food when I'm back from work. Not sure if room service standard is same for hotel and apartment but not used to the alternate days cleaning and selective replenish of toiletries.

• Stayed March 2014
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
On behalf of hotel management of Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel and Residence, I would like to thank you for your recently stay and spent valuable time to complete our online questionnaire.

I was very pleased to learn from the scores that you rated us, we will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features. Kindly notes that the housekeeping service is different with hotel and residences.

The entire staff is looking forward to serving you upon your next vi sit.

Decatur, Illinois
Reviewed 31 May 2014

I stayed here for two weeks for business and was upgraded to an apartment. If you're a corporation, you can negotiate an awesome rate. This was the best hotel I have ever been in for sleeping - you could close the bedroom door and not hear a peep from the hallway or street noise. There is a refrigerator, but it wasn't working when I arrived. Maintenance was quick to resolve the issue, but it smelled awful! I only used it for storing drinks because I didn't think I could stomach any food that picked up that smell. Walmart is a nice stroll away if you do want to pick up some snacks/groceries. There's a nice fitness area, but some of the equipment wasn't working and wasn't ever fixed during the time I stayed there. The restaurant is OK. The western food is rather bland unless specifically marked as being spicy. Room service is actually a lot faster than the restaurant. I had issues with staff giving my table away when I went to get additional food at breakfast. If you like cereal, it's way in the back by the fireplace. The subway stop is right outside the entrance, and made it easy for getting to other parts of Shanghai.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business

I was very pleased to learn from the scores that you rated us, even though we may have succeeded in meeting your expectations this time, we will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.

Eindhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed 27 May 2014

This hotel has a lot going for it in terms of location. Right on a metro line and not far from the Maglev station if you want a, quick convenient route to the airport.

Rooms are to a typical standard for good hotels in Shanghai. Large and well equipped with a nice bathroom and a very good rain shower. I stayed here on two seperate nights in the same weeks in two different rooms and both were well maintained and clean. Beds were good - firm but not too unforgiving for soft westerners like me.

The restaurant is probably the main thing that lets it down. I took the buffet option on the first evening and it was OK with a wide selection of dishes, both Chinese and Western. But the standard was just Ok, nothing special at all. I ordered lamb from the barbecue that accompanies the buffet but it was inedible - just some fat and gristle on a skewer with very little meat.

I checked in late on the second night I stayed there so decided to settle for the buffet option again. I arrived at the restaurant at 9.30pm. Althought he buffet is available until 10.00pm the waiter explained that they were already clearing the buffet so I would have to order a la carte. Pretty poor as the buffet should be available until 10.00 pm as advertised?

I settled for the steak sandwich as a quick easy choice. It did come quickly as the reataurant was quiet - but with no steak in the sandwich... The waiter spotted his error immediately and whisked it away so the chef could insert the steak.

All in all, a decent enough hotel and I would stay again. But I would eat elsewhere until they sort out the restaurant. That aspect is not good enough for a Sheraton.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
On behalf of hotel management of Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel and Residence and Four Points Complex, I would like to thank you for your recently stay and spent valuable time to give us your candid comments.

Judging from the scores you’ve rated us, we may have failed in meeting your expectations in the area of restaurant dinner service. It is regrettable that we missed this opportunity to impress you by our Sheraton service. With regards to this,The management team has been alerted and certainly more attention been taken on retraining. Please rest assured that your experiences do not reflect the standards we are always striving achieve.

Please accept our apologies for having missed the opportunity to impress you. I know that we can do better.

The entire staff is looking forward to serving you upon your next visit again.
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Been there last week for a night and is average for a SPG hotel. The staff is pretty helpful especially the staff outside who help me to pay for a taxi fee as I do not have enough local cash. The location is very good as the subway station just in front of the hotel. The Feast restaurant is just average as I had no time so had lunch and bfast there. But if you have time you should try something else. The pool is nice and indoor but the gym is strange as just some machine put in the door way. They charge for internet which is very strange for SPG member as this only happen in China maybe. And also I ask for late check out but only got one hour which also not so nice. All in all maybe won't stay here next time in Shanghai.

Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
NancyC974, Manager at Sheraton Grand Shanghai Pudong Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, 26 May 2014
On behalf of hotel management of Sheraton Shanghai Pudong Hotel and Residence and Four Points Complex, I would like to thank you for your recently stay and spent valuable time to give us candid comments.

I was very pleased to learn from our guest feedback that you rated us. It was great to read your comments referring to great staff as this is what we aspire to. We will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.

Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 23 May 2014

Situated right behind the Tang Qiao Subway Line 4 exit, I love the convenience of this hotel. It's one transfer and a few stations to the Pearl Tower area, and it's also quick to get to other areas such as People's Square.
There's a mall next door with a food court, a 24 hour McDonald's if you're hungry after a late night out, and a Walmart nearby for groceries. If you're feeling lazy, the Chinese restaurant at the hotel, China Court, offers very good food.
As for the rooms, they're great! Big and spacious with a rainfall shower. The bed and pillows are so comfortable that I always have a good sleep when I'm here!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business

I was very pleased to learn from our guest feedback that you rated us. It was great to read your comments referring to nice facilities, room condition and great restaurant as this is what we aspire to. We will not rest on our laurels and continue to work on further improving the service and hotel features.

If there are any associates or event made you feel special during your stay, Please also kindly to share with us, it would be pleasure to convey your comments to my colleagues and recognize their efforts.

Genova
Reviewed 10 May 2014

The hotel is of a quality western style,with large and comfortable room. The room and the whole premise is accurately mantained and clean. The restaurant has a remarkable breakfast selection, although (i've had one diner only during my very recent stay), the diner was qualitywise far below the average. Very conveniently located to the metro (station is just outside the building) as well as to downotwn.
Price very reasonable. To be suggested!

Room Tip: High floor to be preferred, due to the constant loud noise coming from the roads.