“Stunning view! ”
Review of Hyatt on the Bund

Hyatt on the Bund
Ranked #52 of 5,206 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 17 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed last week end at the Hyatt on the Bund and this is a place I know extremely well as I usually book a room there during most of my stays in Shanghai. The view on the Bund is stunning and rooms are quite comfortable. Service is great like in all the Hyatt hotels in Asia. However there is a room for improvement as the hotel needs a bit of refurbishment to recover the brightness it had when the hotel opened!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (2,184)

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stayed in this hotel for a week, and here are the few things I noted:
1. The hotel is not right on the bund, but a short walk from it. It is on a small road and if you are staying there for business, traffic can get hectic. It could take 30 min just to get out of that little stretch of road in rush hours, so leave early to avoid the traffic. It is a short taxi ride away from the famed Nanjing Road, but it could be difficult to get a taxi in peak hours.
2. I am a Platinum member in their Goldpassport, but they said I can't get upgrade because the type of fare my room was booked in, and I can't get a room higher than 10th floor. They did promise to give me a room with a great view. From my room, I could see the entire Bund. It is especially nice at night when the lights are on, and you can see them go off as well when the time comes.
3. As for the room, the leaving area is a bit small, but the bathroom is very spacious. It is a nice room overall.
4. Breakfast had a nice selection, but one morning, a creepy guy came and sat next to me trying to get "donation". Hotel security came up eventually and got him out of there thankfully.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank michellell
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I checked in the hotel is New Year's day.The hotel gave me a bottle of red wine and a plate of fruit basin,it make me surprise.
I don't know how to open the red wine, call the room service.Staff fluent in English and Chinese are all let me very satisfied.Someone to help me to open the red wine soon.
Everything make me relax and comfortable.

• Stayed: December 2013
Reviewed 11 January 2014

every time I come to China I try to spend few nights in this excellent hotel in shanghai with a fantastic view on the bund. personnel is very efficient and kind. rooms are spacious and well clened. spa area is very relaxing. its vue bar on the east tower is very popular with a superbe vue. its restaurants (breakfast and dinners) offer excellent quality food and it is very centrally located to reach any part of shanghai within minutes. it is certainly the best hotel in china and one of the best in the world.

Room Tip: best rooms with the best view are the ones ending with 27-30
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We loved our stay at the Hyatt - they have an excellent view facing the bund and we just love our time at night to see all of the lovely lights. The food and service is great too and you can not miss their roasted beijing duck~~ Will stay there again as the service is great as well!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 January 2014

Friends and I stayed for 7 nights over Christmas. Fantastic views of the Bund and Pudong.

Service was excellent. Easy check in and out. Hotel Manager Neil looked after our group's stay and made sure we were well looked after.

Chinese restaurant on the ground floor called Xindalu is a must try, their Peking Duck is the best in Shanghai (and possibly China (having tried duck in Beijing twice this year)), we ate their twice during our stay.

Breakfast buffet at Aroma was good with a wide spread of cuisines.

We were quite demanding on staff and all our requirements were met with a smile. (For example new room cards at 3am since we'd lost ours). No complaints from our stay.

Facilities were excellent with access to pool, gym, sauna, steam room and spa.

Vue Bar is also a must visit with spectacular views of Shanghai.

Room Tip: Try a room on either tower floor 10 and upwards facing Pudong. Views are amazing.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 January 2014

Pros:
- Fantastic location.
- Amazing view of the bund and Shanghai gorgeous skyline.
- Professional, courteous staff
- Spacious well decorated rooms
- Fast internet that is actually fast (and working).

Cons:
- Not the cheapest hotel in Shanghai.
- Not super close to a subway station (but there are obviously taxis from the lobby).

All in all, highly recommended.

Room Tip: Pick a room with a view, totally worth the little extra cost.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo