Hyatt on the Bund
US$186
US$196
US$158
  • Pool
The Kunlun Jing An(Shanghai)
US$191
US$200
US$148
Travelocity
2,249 results
All reviewsvue barneil liwest toweraroma restaurantpeking duckhuangpu rivertop floora river view roomthe club loungeacross the rivershanghai skylineservice staffthe pearlbusiness tripfive star hotelbreakfast buffetchinese food
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 August 2014

The Hyatt on the Bund is a beautiful Hotel in the bustling heart of Shanghai.
The Hotel rooms are reasonably priced and conform to the high standards one expects from a high class hotel.
The staff is very attentive and tries to fulfil every guest wish as best as possible. E.g.: my friends and me got a little upgrade to get rooms on the same floor right next to one another. All it took was a little request to Ms. Natalie Pett at reception.
My recommendation: try to get a room overlooking the river side. You'll have a wonderful view of the city in the morning hours.

An absolute must is visiting the roof-top bar. Imagine yourself sitting on comfortable sofas or putting your feet in the small pool while you sip your drink and enjoy the skyline of the city at night.

The breakfast offers a wide variety of international and local Chinese cuisine. Be sure to try the pan cakes!

Enjoy the Hyatt on the Bund!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 August 2014

As an SPG member I usually prefer SPG hotels, but to be honest, this hotel is one of my favourites in Shanghai since it has a unique and stunning view of both Pudong and Puxi. This hotel's position gives it a quick and easy access to both sides of the river. But what really takes my breath away is their roof top bar which has a jacuzzi !

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The customer service is outstanding here. Not only were the front desk staff English speaking, they went out of their way to accommodate my wife and I on our recent visit to Shanghai. It's nice to stay at a place where customer service is taken so seriously, I would recommend the Hyatt on the Bund to anyone thinking of a visit to Shanghai. Beautiful rooms, exceptional views, and the best service I've encountered in a hotel.

Room Tip: Definitely worth upgrading to the rooms that include club access
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Congratulation! Hyatt on the Bund is really the best place to stay in Shanghai. The view is excellent over there especially from the VUE roof bar which is the best bar in Shanghai with a great service from the best bar keeper ever, Philipp the Austrian guy from Graz. His wine recommendations were wonderful especially for my wife. And for me, getting Austrian beer there was the perfect event. We really had a warm welcome at the reception by Nathalie from Germany and she really did her best to make our weekend enjoyable. Don't miss to go having dinner at VUE restaurant where the Austrian chef Dieter serves you the best steak in town with excellent choices of wine. Beautiful environment and perfect service provided by Sophie and the whole team.
I really want to extend my thanks to the whole Hyatt team.
We are looking forward for our next weekend in Shanghai at Hyatt on the Bund.
Greetings from Beijing,
Lyn & Harald

Room Tip: River view is the best!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Harry_Beijing
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Stayed at Hyatt on the Bund for 2 nights during the week end. The location is really good, easy to get anywhere into Shanghai. Smooth check-in at the club lounge. We were welcomed by Neil, Director of Customer Services. He gave us one of the best rooms that has an amazing view on the Bund. Our room was on the 30th floor and the view was especially amazing at night. The beds are really comfortable and you get a lot of amenities. Housekeeping was really efficient, our room was always very clean and neat. Neil helped us booking a table at Vue, which is the hotel's rooftop bar. It is probably the best view of Shanghai from up there. Mojitos are the best. Hotel guests enter for free. The club lounge is really big and has an extended selection of food in the evening, as well as free cocktails, wine and beer. Softdrinks and coffee are served all day long. The staff there is really helpful and always smiling. They'll help you make restaurant reservation.
A big thank you to everyone that made our stay so special, and a big thank you to Neil, who's a real asset to this hotel. Hope to be back soon!

Room Tip: The view from the highfloors is amazing!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends