“Nice Classic Hotel near city center” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Shanghai Narada Boutique Bund

Shanghai Narada Boutique Bund
Ranked #42 of 4,969 Hotels in Shanghai
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
“Nice Classic Hotel near city center”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

This is my review of the hotel now called Narada Boutique Hotel , we stayed there in the first weekend of April 2014
Pros: hotel stuff, reception was very helpful
Cons: Breakfast menu needs an upgrade, add more cheese selection, yogurt for breakfast, lots of tourist staying in the hotel and I think the hotel must improve the breakfast menu.
Location: good location , 2 minutes from metro line 10, easy walk to shopping areas and tourist attractions.
the service was excellent. the hotel staff was welcoming and helpful. the room was nicely designed and had all the amenities you can possibly ask for and more! coffee machine , bath salt and much more. however, the a/c was controlled by the hotel and the room got really hot during the night we had to open the window :-( my husband and baby managed to fall asleep and I was awake half of the night boiling hot...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Niels T, Guest Relations Manager at Shanghai Narada Boutique Bund, responded to this review, 25 July 2014
Dear valued guest,

In name of the entire team at Narada Boutique Hotel Shanghai, I would like to thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us in April. I am glad to read your positive feedback regarding our location, friendly staff, modern rooms and amenities.

All comments are useful to us in order to improve our product and services and thus would like to thank you for sharing these with us. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience caused during your stay regarding our central A/C. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly to discuss this further to find a solution for this. We certainly hope to welcome you back in the near future as it will be our pleasure to serve you again.

ssawsh@outlook.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (155)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hong Kong, China
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Great access to YuYuan subway station (5 min walk only). Close to major attractions. Friendly staff. Room is nicely decorated in modern style. The pillows are a bit too soft though.
It's definitely an excellent choice for its price if you aren't looking for a 5-star hotel. I will recommend to my friends.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Niels T, Guest Relations Manager at Shanghai Narada Boutique Bund, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear valued guest,

We certainly appreciate your time and efforts to provide us your feedback regarding your most recent stay at Narada Boutique Hotel Shanghai. We are delighted that you enjoyed our great location in the city center, new decorated rooms and the service of our friendly staff members.

I am sorry to hear you found the pillows too soft. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you would like to stay here again as we are able to provide different types of pillows. Once again, thank you very much for sharing your experience with us and we are looking forward to welcome you back another time.

virignia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

The hotel has modern and comfortable room. It is popular with foreigners and services are top notch. The breakfast Buffett is the best part of our stay, huge selections and high quality food, the outdoor seating sections is another bright spot.

We never had issue hailing taxi in front of the hotel. Yuyuan subway stop is five minutes walk.

The reason why I didn't give it a five stars is the closest restaurants for tourists (not counting local street restaurants) are inside the Yuyuan area which is a good 20 minutes walk.

Stayed June 2014
Niels T, Guest Relations Manager at Shanghai Narada Boutique Bund, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your positive feedback about your recent stay at Narada Boutique Hotel Shanghai on Tripadvisor.com. We are delighted you have chosen to stay with us while in Shanghai.

I am glad to read you described our hotel as 'modern' with 'comfortable rooms' We indeed have the pleasure of welcoming guests from many different countries to our hotel. Our hotel is located in the very city center with many local restaurants in the area but it might be difficult to find for tourists. Many popular venues are inside the Yuyuan Garden and around the Bund, which is within walking distance.

We look forward to hopefully welcome you back soon again. Do let me know if I may personally assist you with any future reservation at Narada Boutique Hotel Shanghai or to give any recommendation for local restaurants near our hotel. My direct email is 'ssawsh@outlook.com' which is the best way to reach me.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

We arrived around 9.00am in the morning and didn't expect to get a room until the afternoon, but they made up a room for us and we were in by 10.00am. We were surprised at the size and quality of the room, as good as 5 star hotels we have stayed in, even had a great view. We would certainly stay here again.
Other positives:
The staff were friendly and helpful.
Free mini bar (Coke, Sprite, water and biscuits) topped up as required.
Excellent breakfast, catered for all cultures.
Nice restaurant with reasonable prices, especially the Chinese menu.
Free WiFi, worked well in our room.
Convenient position, close to Metro station, the Bund, Yu Garden etc.
Notice at reception with taxi prices to airports etc.
Free coffee at lounge next to reception.

Room Tip: We had a King Room with a city view, 9th floor
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Warwick M
Niels T, Guest Relations Manager at Shanghai Narada Boutique Bund, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Dear Warwick M,

I am delighted to read your review regarding your most recent stay with us and I certainly hope you had a pleasant flight back to New Zealand.

Since some of our guests will check-out in the early morning, we always do our utmost best to provide the rooms to our arrival guests as soon as possible. I am thus glad to understand you were able to check-in at 10AM. I will definitely share your positive points with our team at Narada Boutique Hotel and we all hope to welcome you back again. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if you require any further assistance.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

I visited here with my cousin in September last year on our tour of China we stayed in Shanghai for 4 nights and it was brilliant. Unfortunately we only used the hotel for sleeping a showering so don't know much about any other facilities but it's location is brilliant and staff were very happy to help if you need anything. I would definitely recommend

Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank sharrison161
Dear valued guest,

Please allow me to thank you for your kind comment regarding your stay last September.
I do understand you did not spend much time within our hotel since Shanghai is one of the most facinating cities in China. We hope to have the chance to welcome you back in the near future. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly as it will be my pleasure to assist you further.

Once again, thank you very much for sharing your thoughts with us and all Tripadvisor members.

Versailles, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

Yuyuan garden and its area is maybe one of the best place to find a hotel since it is very convenient to go anywhere with the subway. Maybe East Nanjing Road is a bit better, but more crowded. And it is very easy to go from Yuyan garden station to East Nanjing Road (with line 10, one station) and then take line 2 to go east (Pudong, Century Park, Pudong airport) or west (Jing'an temple) or take directly line 10 at Yuyan garden to go to the french concession. So the location of the hotel (100 meters from the Yuyan garden) is pretty convenient.
The hotel itself is well decorated, clean and with air conditionning. The staff (composed of chinese and european people, which is quite nice to be better undestood in english) is in general friendly: for instance no problem to call a taxi, to call an hotel in Beijing to ask for the price of the airport shuttle or to write any adress in chinese to show the taxi driver.
The rooms (I had a king-size bedroom) are clean and quite modern. I had a room at the 11th floor, with a nice view on Pudong (I could see half of the Jinmao Tower, and some smaller skyscrapers enlightened at night). The mini-bar is free (water, coke, sodas, ...) and filled each day. Bathroom is also clean, but the bathtub was somehow too small: you can basecally only sit in there.
The hotel offers a large choice for breakfast with a lot of different chinese dishes (very nice to taste chinese food) and also occidental breakfast (which was not that good). You have the possiblity to have it on a terrace with a view on Pudong (you can see everything but the Pearl tower if I remember correctly).
I didn't try the restaurant but it is the same room than for breakfast.

Finally the negative points:
- internet (Wi-Fi) is a bit slow
- the fitness center is a joke
- the spa center is really expensive, don't go there for a massage. Find a better/cheaper address in a lonely planet or similar.
- I wish it was possible to go on the roof on the top of the hotel (17 floors) to have a nice view of the city...

But with online reservation sites, for ~100€ per night (king-size bedroom, including breakfast and 15% service charges), I think it is a good place to live in Shanghai for several days.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
      Location
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Zagadark
Niels T, Guest Relations Manager at Shanghai Narada Boutique Bund, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Zagadark,

In name of the entire team here at Narada Boutique Hotel Shanghai, I would like to thank you for your kind and detailed comment regarding your most recent stay with us. I remember we did call your hotel in Beijing for transportation from the train station. I certainly hope all went smooth without any problems.

I am glad to read you enjoyed your stay and you found our hotel location convenient and our rooms clean and liked our modern rooms. Since two weeks, we provide free soft drinks in our hotel lobby, just like the free drinks in the mini-bar.

Besides the positive points, I have forwarded your negative ones to our relevant departments within our hotel. We will soon update our gym to make it more comfortable for our guests. In addition, we have installed new WIFI equipment in the hotel lobby and guest rooms for a stronger signal. I wish to welcome you back in the near future, please do not hesitate to contact me directly by e-mail.

Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

We were awed by the value for money rooms. Spacious double deluxe rooms. With the all basic stuff like tv and safe etc. Plus automatic window blinds and a capsule coffee machine and free minibar (which consists of a packet of different cookies daily and drinks like green tea coke sprite and mineral water). The lobby has all the same drinks available for free to guest as well. The lift and room door uses an sensor key card.
The gym was a sorry excuse . It was a storeroom in a lonely dark corner of the hotel with 4 machines. 2 threadmill one multipurpose weights machonce and a stationary bicycle (no digital display or level adjustment). But the main accommodation good enough to ignore the sorry gym.

The staff were multilingual and very friendly and accommodating.

Great location within walking distance of yuyuan metro and yunnan south road (food street )

Highly recommended for travle in shanghai.

3 Thank EdmundQuek
Dear EdmundQueck,

Thank you for sharing your experience at the Narada Boutique Hotel Shanghai.
I am glad to hear you were satisfied with our rooms, hotel decoration and room amenities.
Besides our free soft drinks and Italian coffee in the lobby, we also provide free breakfast boxes if the guest checks-out before 7AM. When visiting our hotel next time and check-out at 3AM like last week, we can now provide breakfast boxes upon your check-out.

We will take several steps to make our gym more comfortable, thank you very much for sharing your feedback with us.