Renaissance Shanghai Yu Garden Hotel
US$447
US$194
US$169
  • Pool
The Langham Shanghai Xintiandi(Shanghai)
US$331
US$146
US$517
US$300
  • Restaurant
Boyue Shanghai Hongqiao Airport Hotel(Shanghai)(Great Value!)
US$121
US$64
US$104
US$78
1,643 results
All reviewsthe club loungetop floorwalking distanceinfinity poolmetro stationrooftop barlight showconstruction siteglass walllocation is greatpudong skylinebreakfast buffetfloor to ceiling windowsvery nice hotelnanjing roadshopping areapeople's square
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 26 April 2013

Overall a very nice hotel, great room and location.
I can easily recommend everything except the food options (or lack thereof).
Do not have dinner in the hotel, if you can, the buffet quality is not good and the a la carte is not great at all. Service is generally poor in my experience too.

This is a shame because the rest of the hotel is top level, the rooms are very nice and friendly and competent staff can be found at the Renaissance.

I would have easily put a rating of 5 if the food would have been better.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 April 2013

We stayed here in July 2012; I am writing a review of it now because I am looking to book a hotel again in Shanghai and was reminded of it.

My husband and I stayed here along with our teenage daughter. I had to search hard to find a hotel that used the Canadian/USA standard of allowing children under 18 to stay free. This Marriott hotel did and I booked on the hotel's own web site, to have everything clearly specified.

There was a bit of a fuss during check in about adding the rollaway bed, but it was resolved and we were shown to an absolutely lovely room, with huge windows and a wonderful view. The bathroom was modern and gorgeous and included a large bathtub. My husband appreciated that, as it was the only bathtub he had in 7 weeks in China.

The location is very good, there is a metro stop right outside. We came in by bullet train from Beijing and then the metro. Be aware, there are plenty of stairs up from this station, if you are carrying luggage. We walked to everywhere, streets felt very safe. Men alone will get propositioned, however not when their wives are with them.

The pool area is beautiful and it was really nice to be up there at night and to look out at the beautiful skyline.

I would have rated this place 5 stars, rather than 4, if they hadn't given us grief at check in.

Room Tip: Higher floors have great views.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank pumpermum
Reviewed 23 April 2013

And we do agree.

With metro station right around the corner, I'd say the location of this hotel is awesome. Bearing in mind that moving around Shanghai's Metro is so convenient and affordable. Alternatively, cabs are readily available around the hotel's area.

Stopping by at their concierge (aka the "Navigators") was our daily ritual before heading out, as they provide good travel tips and directions to get around Shanghai city. They will also help you make necessary transport arrangements to get around (i.e. lend you a brolly, call a cab and direct the driver to the selected location, arrange airport transfers, etc) Plus-point: able to speak English well.

With Yuyuan garden located next the hotel, eateries and convenience stores are within walking distance. Rooms are clean and comfortable. Great value for money. Would certainly consider staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank AliciaCLPhang
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We stayed here for 3 nights to celebrate my birthday in Shanghai. The welcome was great and even the General Manager was kind enough to come and welcome us in his hotel. Since, my hubby is a Marriott Gold member, they upgraded us to the club floor, which was a nice touch. The room was great and had a bathtub overlooking the Shanghai skyline and the Yu yuan Garden next door.

We loved the location of the hotel the most. The metro station is right opposite, on the other side of the road which was extremely convenient whenever we took metros.

The club lounge was excellent! The appetizers and sushis were great and the spread changed everyday. There were cocktails mixers but was only self serve. So, we saw people just having red and white wines and no one bothered to mix themselves a cocktail. The service in the club lounge was great. Everyone smiled.

I removed 1 point only for breakfasts. Breakfast in the main restaurant was just okay. We didn't really enjoy the flavors and the food was cold towards the end. The service here was just okay and no one really cared much.

Overall, a good hotel in an excellent location with excellent value for money. Recommended!

Room Tip: Get the club rooms if you can.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shikhasf
Reviewed 22 April 2013

I stayed here one night. Great location, the metro is literally right accross the street. The front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating. When I checked in I asked if it was possible to put me on a higher floor with a nice view of the city, the gentleman went back into his systems and changed my room, no question asked. The pool was closed for maintenace which was a bit of a dissapointment. Other than that, the room was clean, beautiful bathroom, and awesome veiw. Would definitely stay here the next time I'm in Shanghai.

Room Tip: Always ask for a higher floor with the best view.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends