See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 17 June 2011

We booked a family suite but was given a room without windows. The add-on bed was just a board bed with a thin layer of bed sheet as mattress. When we asked for a blanket, we were given the excuse that each room is limited to 1 set and there's nobody to man the reception should she leave to send the blanket to us. This hotel is obviously understaffed and has poor service. I will not recommend this hotel to anybody.

• Stayed: June 2011
2  Thank Joannebam
Reviewed 18 May 2011

Within a few minutes' walk from MRT from Nanjing Road East. Able to walk to Nanjing Road and the Bung, and other attractions by MRT. Nice view of the Souzhou River and bridges if you have a river view room, otherwise the Pearl Tower lit up at night on the other side. Good internet access in rooms. Can do with a bit of renovation, give the breakfast a miss. Cafe 85 down the road has nice coffee and baked goods. It is still good value.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HCM-Hanoi
Reviewed 21 November 2010

hotel is nicely located near the bund and the metro line. It's also very close to Nanjing Road where all the shops and restaurants are located. I had a room with a view at the lake. The room was ok, wired internet free of charge, complimentary 2 bottles of water. Breakfeast provide but it was chineeses style and not very tasty (no coffee or even tee).

Stayed: October 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank playmix
Reviewed 12 October 2010

I booked this from Australia based on good reviews received by my travel agent. The room was small with a window that looked out onto a wall. The bathroom was OK, but only just. It was noisy in the morning. The included breakfast was Chinese-style, which is OK by me but might not appeal to all westerners. So it was OK, just, but overpriced when compared to the other hotel I stayed in in Shanghai (the Nanjing).

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank TheEchidna
Reviewed 9 October 2010

My sister,10yr old son and myself stayed here for 4 nights.It was ok,but nothing special.Spare bed was as hard as a table literally,we had to pile a duvet and blankts on it so my son could sleep.No fridge in room.Location wasn't great,but was walking distance to Manjing road or to the market which was the other way but when we came back to Shanghai after a visit to Beijing we changed hotels and liked it a lot more.Internet in lobby,breakfast was pretty awful,air con was good.OK but wouldn't stay there again

• Stayed: September 2010