“Great place for a date”

T8 Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #337 of 17,045 Restaurants in Shanghai
Price range: US$0 - US$100
Cuisines: Contemporary, Fusion
Good for: Bar Scene, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Xintiandi
Reviewed 25 May 2014 via mobile

Atmosphere was superb, cosy, quiet and upper class feel. Prices are high, not meant for your weekly dinner. Occasional celebration is perfect.

T-Eight Managem... S, Public Relations Manager at T8 Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Raymond L,

Thank you for the review.
T8 Restaurant is a perfect spot for celebrations and special occasions,
We just launched our new menu with new prices, please visit us soon and we are happy
to receive your feedback.

There are newer reviews for T8 Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed 13 May 2014

I found this restaurant rundommly in Xianti area. The prices on the menu were very expensive but they proposed a special lunch menu 185 yuan taxes included! 2 starters, 1 main, 1 desert.
It was great !! very refined. I sat in front of the kitchen, everything was extremely clean and cooked on demand... real pleasure. Everything was very good, and the desert was amazing !!!
The services was perfect and very fast!

I highly recommend this place!

T-Eight Managem... S, Public Relations Manager at T8 Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 15 May 2014

Dear Sarah b,

Thank you for visiting us and making time to write a review,

We are really glad to read that you enjoyed your lunch at the Chef counter.

We would be happy to host you any time soon, comw and try the weekend brunch!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

The atmosphere is lovely, modern and sparkling. We sat at the kitchen counter to watch the chefs and it was fun. Our first bottle of wine was not good but was tasted and replaced with no trouble at all. Well done. My food was very good, not outstanding but very good. Unfortunately my husbands T Bone steak was not a good cut. Cooked fine but was unexpectedly stringy and sinewy. Disappointing. Service was okay. Overall a nice meal but not as expected for the price and reviews.

T-Eight Managem... S, Public Relations Manager at T8 Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Dear Dreamer1NewZealand,

Thank you for reviewing us!

Your comments regarding your T-bone steak has already been shared with the executive chef, your review will help us improve in every single detail.
We apologize for the bottle of wine that was not good, it happens from time to time.
We would highly appreciate if you could give us another chance to host you and make sure you
have a better experience at T8.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is the perfect place for a smooth nice dinner and drinks.
Been there several times and never been disappointed.
The only thing... last time I was there with my partner, we had to call the attention of the Chef as he was wearing this long hair, without a band or a hat, and moving quite strongly over the food...
I was worry to get some hair on my food and it wasn't pleasant to see.
This place is so elegant and the chef should be more "put together"

T-Eight Managem... S, Public Relations Manager at T8 Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2014

Dear Galipan73,

Thank you for your review and for your loyalty to T8.

After an investigation with the kitchen staff, we were unable to find the Chef with long hair, currently there is no chef with such descriptions.
However I would like to follow up your review and have a deeper look at your experience that day at T8, if you could contact me directly to PR@t8-shanghai.com to have more details about this chef that called your attention.
Wearing a hat at all times by the kitchen staff is a must.

Please do visit us again soon and we will be happy to host you any time!

Reviewed 25 April 2014

We tried this place on the off chance, it looked a bit different and caught our eye as we walked past! The first thing we noted was how popular the place seemed!

First off, we were given a strange cheesy biscuit melon shot to start with which was a bit weird.. but not half as weird as the melon balls which accompanied my sucking pig dish! I didn't like the combination at all.. it wasn't something I would never have again! The pork, that was delicious, but the melon just didnt go well with it! I'd have been far happier if the chef has stuck to tradition and done his take on a tried and tested apple accompaniment!

My wife had the linguine and she thoroughly enjoyed every bit of it.. loved it in fact! She said it was the best she'd ever tried which is a huge compliment coming from my wife.. she doesn't say things like that unless she really means it!

Its well worth a visit.. watch out for the melon though!

1  Thank Dan B
T-Eight Managem... S, Public Relations Manager at T8 Restaurant and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 28 April 2014

Dear Dan B,

Thank you so much for giving us a review.

Your feedback is well received and will be reviewed by our kitchen staff,
We always welcome critics to improve in any way possible.
T8 Restaurant offers molecular cuisine, a fusion between asian and european flavors.
We hope to see you and your wife soon.