“if you can avoid it , good for you and your temper..”

Citadines Biyun Shanghai
Ranked #167 of 5,161 Hotels in Shanghai
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I Stayed two years and a month there i recetly moved as this apt hotel does not offer what promises and definately seems more luxury and clean on the photos that in reality..
my employee choose this hotel due to low rates.i rented a delux apt 1 bed.

Price: low equal to the privided service..

location: good many restaurants, 15 min from lujiazui and abt 30 min from xintiandiand other places in puxi area

cleaning: insufficient example food remains on th eplates, spoons, glasses, forks etc , i had 3 times per week cleaning service but no matter how many times still my place was dirty or clean by chinese standards.. honestly i don;t know.

heating: two poor maintained aircontidition becareful if you are alergic or you have asthma..

Room : fully furnished with medium quality stuff let's say ok, but no soundproof which mean no good quality of sleep and also allows wind to enter you place (uninvited).

dry cleaning: again like a chinese woman do it's laundry .. they outsource dry cleaning so no way to get your clothes back same day..i had 3 cases of ruining my trousers with clorine while i had specifialy write dry cleaning only eventually they paid the cost but still this is not proffesionalism.

breakfast: nothing eatable by european standards, no variety really cheap and really poor breakfast you can eat only fruits, ps everywhere oil.

no bar , no inside restaurant, no swimming pool, only a small gym.

staff: insufficient knwoledge of english that led to many misunderstandings and many times i lost my temper as when i pay i need to get a service in return.

room service: what? none.

stars: definately many in the sky none on this property.

in general my first and last experience with ascott they may claim they are the biggest serviced apartment hotel in asia and pacific but with hotels like citadines biuy wont stay for long .

overall my experience was not pleasant i wouldnt suggest this hotel to anyone that can afford a better hotel.

ps for new comers you can get better apartments with 2/3 of the price of citadines, fully furnished and better.

i paid for two year monthly 11,000 yuan or abt 1350 euro.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank harrykaratzanos
Jasmine S, General Manager at Citadines Biyun Shanghai, responded to this reviewResponded 3 May 2013

Dear Resident,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Citadines Biyun Shanghai. Thank you for having made Citadines as your home in Shanghai.

I was saddened to see that you were not fully satisfied with the stay, as the service level was not up to your expectations. Good service and making long-term customers like yourself feel at home is one of our key objectives, which we strive to continuously strengthen and develop. I am sincerely sorry that we have failed to make your stay better. I will share your feedback with the relevant teams, and personally make sure that this remains an unfortunate exception in our service standards.

Reviewed 19 March 2013 via mobile

Hard to belive to this room can be rent as it is. I have paid 110 usd per night for a dirty and strange room. Toilet almost in shower. Shower look like it has not been cleaned for a months. Very loud refrigerator (had to turn off)

Just pay 20 dollar more for ramada or 50 more for Marriott. You may also fo for almost 40 dollar grandpark hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank aykut2012

Dear Resident,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Citadines Biyun Shanghai for a month. Thank you for having made Citadines as your home in Shanghai.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, we give a lot of value to your opinion.

Reviewed 18 January 2013

Location is one of the few positives of this facility. I have traveled to Shanghai approximately 7 times and never experienced such a poorly maintained apartment. I was booked here by my company as our current project has a tight budget. I am not above staying at an economy hotel as long as it is clean. Unfortunately with Citadines, this was not the case. The lock on the door needed replaced as I noticed the door did not secure when I first came into the room. It took the service man over an hour to fix it. The Bed appeared clean but was very hard. The refrigerator had a clean appearance, but had a horrible odor when open, and groaned continuously. The majority of the furnishings were worn and stained. The carpeting had stains throughout. The surfaces in the bathroom and kitchen were stained throughout. The shower curtain seemed as if it had been in use for years, and on the second day of my stay I saw a roach (or some type of bug see pic) in the kitchen. My original booking was for 21 days, but I relocated to a new hotel as soon as my company could move me.

The positives are the neighboorhood- although remote there are a couple of restaurants close to the facility. While the morning breakfast had very little selection, the girls that work there were very kind and appeared to work hard. If not for these two areas I would have absolutely nothing good to say about this experience.

Room Tip: There is a Mariott and I think a Ramada just up the road. Within about $50 USD and much nicer facil...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank M M

Dear Resident,

It was a pleasure to have you stay at Citadines Biyun Shanghai. Thank you for having taken the time to fill in your reviews.

I felt very sorry for not meet up your expections, as a newly appionted Manager here, we are keen on lots of refurishing and improving works. Hope we can have another chance to serve you better.

Reviewed 13 June 2012

We were very happy at what a spacious 1-bedroom apt we got for well under $100. We slept in BR, while son slept on pull-out sofa in living area, so everyone had plenty of room. It was nice that the toilet was in a separate room from the shower and sink. The apt had a washer-dryer unit, but we couldn't figure out the instructions. Even though we didn't cook while we were there, it was nice having a kitchen for making tea, keeping drinks cold, etc. The staff spoke some English, but we were glad our son speaks Chinese both to deal with the front desk and to give directions to taxi drivers (the hotel's not being near a subway line meant we relied heavily on taxis). Having a wide range of international restaurants within a few mins walk was nice. The hotel breakfast was greasy and we quickly learned to just pick muffins up at the nearby coffee shop.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank must-keep-moving
Reviewed 21 May 2012

For the budget conscience traveler, this hotel provides a good balance between value and affordability. Some 1 Bedroom Deluxe units have their own washer and dryer which makes life a little more pleasant when you are away from home for longer periods of time. Small kitchenette and reasonable size rooms make this hotel a preferred choice when I travel to Shanghai on business.

I have to agree, breakfast is pretty bad but I typically go grocery shopping at nearby grocery stores and just stock the fridge with things that I like for breakfast. The gym is very basic, a few treadmills, elliptical, bike and some basic dumbells, but enough for a quick work out when weather outside is miserable.

Probably the best feature is the location. Hong Feng Road is dotted with great restaurants and within a few minutes walking distance from the Hotle you have access to great sports bar and grill, Mexican restaurant, Chinese, Japanese, Indian, Burgers and Shakes, New York Pizza and a lot of beauty and massage parlors including a Toni and Guy Salon.

The area is primarily occupied by expats so the shopping and culture is predominately expat based. I recommend the 1 Bedroom Deluxe for single or couple travelers as it has everything you need for a comfortable stay.

Room Tip: One bedroom deluxe on the 9th floor - they typically come with their own washer and dryer.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank FijiFriends
Reviewed 14 January 2012

This place located in an area of shanghai which is quite beautiful and not crowded . This is china which has largest population in world and the area where this hotel is located is like a european town --no traffic blocks , no jostling crowd . The rooms are clean and well equipped with a kitchen . Gym facilities are good . Actually this is an apartment hotel so no room service . There are lot of restaurants just within 1 km (at least 50 .. 2 indian restaurants , 4 japanese , 2 mexican etc etc ) .

Room Tip: take roadside room as view is good
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank haroonkerala
Reviewed 29 November 2011

I use this hotel in Shanghai beacuse this is my employer´s choice due to its location and price. The price is very reasonable, and the Citadines is located right into the ex pats area in Jinqiao, Pudong, in Shanghai.
Aside from the good price and location, which are both good, the hotel has little to offer.
The rooms are clean, but they ALL smell like cigarrete smoke. Some are supposed to be non smoking, but there is nothing to prevent this, not even no smoking signs. Tha aisles and rooms smell like smoke.
The rooms are austere, but have the required ammenities for a business hotel. OK bathroom, good bed, flat TV. Mine also has a kitchennette, in case you want to bring your own food to your room, which I don´t recommend, beacuse, although the hotel restaurant is horrible, you have plenty to eat across the street in Hongfeng Lu. There are many places of all kinds of foods.
Breakfast is included, but is a low quality one, escept for the cofee, which is very good.
If you don´t mind cigarrete odor and smoke, you will be OK here. It´s a no frills place similar to any business hotel in the USA, but you can do better in Shanghai for a few more bucks per night.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business