Grand Park Jiayou Hotel
US$171
US$84
NewWorldHotels.com
  • Pool
The Kunlun Jing An(Shanghai)
US$153
US$143
  • Restaurant
All reviewslarge bathroombusiness travelwalking distancetaxichinesetoiletriesasia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 October 2010

The hotel web site made it sound very nice. Upon arrive it all went down hill. I had an executive room reserved, arrived at 830 pm , was told room was not ready for check in. After explaining this was not acceptable they did find another room. The carpet in the hall ways and rooms were dirty. The water pressure in the shower was poor. Restaurant seating for breakfast was extremely limited. The language skills of the staff was very poor. Even the manager had a very poor understanding of English.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 October 2010

Literally two boxsprings for the bed. First time I have ever seen that! Was solicited for a sex spa by the concierge and also bell boy... not interested. Service is terrible. No English speaking staff, so hard to communicate (would love to speak the local language, but I can't learn it overnight). Slow internet. No restaurants nearby. Was told free breakfast at booking, was none. No availability for a second night even if I wanted to stay here. Expensive for what you get. terrible location unless you plan to go to the nearby office park.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank a2bandback
Reviewed 14 July 2010

I stayed in Metropark Jiayou hotel for a week last summer. It looks like a very nice 5-star hotel but it's pretty far away from everything interesting in Shanghai. Indeed, there's an expat community roughly 20 min on foot away and that's about it. Public transportation is limited to buses, metro is about 40 min away on foot (through some dangerous and poor looking neighborhood). But taxis are inexpensive so that's not really a problem. But it's not very convenient for sightseeing because it takes eternity to return to the hotel from the city center during the day to take a quick shower (maybe that's not an issue really because it's so hot that it doesn't help much). So basically you have to be prepared to only sleep there if you want so see anything in Shanghai. I was there for an event which took place at the hotel itself so that wasn't really an issue for me.

The room I had was very nice, spatial, clean, great bathroom, A/C (of course), (free) HBO on TV. Breakfast was OK as well, much choice and not entirely the same each day. Same for lunch. There was nothing, apart from the location, that bothered me.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled on business
2  Thank Ixxo
Reviewed 25 February 2010

I stayed at Grand Metropark Jiayou Hotel in Pudong in January 2010 for 13 nights on business.
The Hotel staff were excellent, and very well mannered.
There was nothing too much trouble, and very informative of places of interest in Shanghai.
I took a group of Chinese people for an evening meal at one of their restauraunts, and they were very impressed.
The Hotel was spotless, and the rooms were cleaned and kept tidy sometimes twice a day.
Once I had been in the Hotel for 24 hours all the staff new me by name.
I am back in Shanghai in March and will definetly stay at this Hotel.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled on business
3  Thank Traveler12354
Reviewed 11 October 2009

I travel to China often, Shanghai in particular. The hugely discounted online prices attracted me to this hotel....there is a reason the prices are so discounted! Upon arrival at the hotel, it seemed like a very average hotel (definitely not a 4 star like it claims!) but pleasant enough. Front desk staff spoke little english, the first room they gave me had suffered a flood and smelled of damp and smoke (despite requesting a smoking room) - the second room i was given was small and the carpet was filthy, however, this seemed to typical of the hotel standard!
As an english speaking business traveller, the hotel does not meet needs - i tried 4 times to retrieve a fax that had been sent to me, being sent from front desk to concierge to business centre and back to front desk before I got it. Internet is free though...although not wireless.
Very few of the staff speak english and all are hugely incompetent in my experience.
I paid £45 per night which is great for Shanghai, however, in future i will pay the extra and stay somewhere hassle free!

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled on business