“Loved the place”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Scottsboro
Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

When I pulled up and saw the front of the hotel I was amazed. It had a rustic look of the mountains. Loved it...the young lady at the desk checked me in at 12:00 pm and gave me directions to the courthouse. Thank you for helping. The room was outstanding in every means possible. The breakfast was great. I made myself miserable eating to much...I highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed: June 2013
al368, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. On behalf of myself and the entire staff it pleases us to know you enjoyed your stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites. The comments will be shared with the entire staff to offer encouragement to improve guest service standards and exceed guest expectations.

We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 26 May 2013

Although this is a newer hotel and it looks to be in excellent condition....the housekeeping has alot to be desired. I left a written message at the front desk upon checking out...after calling to complain, so I will see if I get any feedback. First of all, they say you are allowed a rollaway here but once you check in, they aren't allowed. The rooms are alittle small to accomodate one. Upon arriving for our 2 night stay, the room looks very inviting and the bathroom looks spotless. Upon closer inspection however, we find under the chair a large flat box with plastic that once held a 24 pack of water bottles. If you cleaned very well, how could you miss that? Also behind the curtain was a dried up, 2 or more week old orange peel. They do have a fridge and microwave which is very nice but this microwave stunk like month old burnt to a crisp popcorn! It smelled so bad we couldn't stand to use it. The fridge was clean and worked well. Our second day of just wanting to relax in the room and enjoy the pool at times...well, we relaxed but in unmade beds and with the stink of our left over pizza from the night before. We asked for room service around 12:30 but they didn't show up until sometime after 4:00 while we were out to dinner. The freshening of the room consisted of "straightening" the beds and leaving a few clean towels and 3 washcloths for 4 people! I had even picked up our trash and pizza boxes and left all that in a large trashbag. it was still in the room upon returning! the floors hadn't been swept and the furniture was not wiped off. Very lazy housekeepers and not at all up to Comfort Inn standings in my book. They have a nice indoor pool although the water was murky looking and alittle cool. the hot tub was small and not very bubbly for my liking. There is a really nice sitting area with rose bushes and a water wall fountain. Front desk people were nice enough but not overly friendly. The breakfast was the usual quick stop with cold cereal. waffle and biscuits and gravy but no meat. This would be a good hotel if they would just get the cleanliness in order and if their staff were alittle friendlier.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank judogayle
al368, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.On behalf of our entire staff please accept our sincere apology for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us. The feedback you provided will be used to make improvements to ensure we offer exceptional service to our guests.
I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we have another chance to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 25 May 2013

This is a great place. We just completed a 3 night stay, and it couldn't have went any better. Check-in was easy, room had a big flat screen tv. The beds have soft and firm pillows (I preferred the firm). Wifi worked great in the room. For break the first 2 mornings we had link sausage, scrambled eggs, gravy, white & wheat bread, biscuits, Danish, muffins, instant oatmeal, boiled eggs, yogurt, make your own waffles, fruit, orange juice, apple juice, milk, cereal and coffee. This morning, instead of sausage, they had ham, and the scrambled eggs had cheese in them. Pets are allowed at this Comfort Inn, but fortunately, I didn't see any. I used the pool and hot tub, and both were in great shape. Towels are provided at the pool area. Great stay.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jon14-6
Reviewed 11 May 2013

This is a very nice, attractive hotel. Pet friendly which is surprising for such a nice place. Rooms are interior doors, great breakfast and attractive lobby. Manager was very accommodating in switching rooms. Also has hot tub and indoor pool, but sadly we forgot our swimsuits. Great value.

• Stayed: May 2013
Reviewed 12 April 2013

This hotel is fairly new and very well maintained. The rooms are spacious and very clean. The decor is fresh and modern. The free breakfast is quite good, offering waffles, fruit, cereal and sausage. It even offers a unique feature in the parking lot; charging stations for fishermen to hook up their boats and such. The hotel is in a very safe area, near numerous restaurant choices.

The only negative thing I can say about this place is that the girl who checked us in upon our arrival wasn't terribly friendly. There was a bit of a mix-up about the price that we had booked over the phone when making our reservation that wasn't quite resolved to our satisfaction. The front desk staff didn't seem overly concerned about this and overall just weren't very outgoing. Other staff and guests of the hotel were very warm and inviting.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 April 2013

Because this hotel was originally built as another brand, it is unlike other Comfort Inns and Suites in which I have stayed. Built to look like some sort of lodge, the interior of both the lobby, public rooms, as well as the guest rooms are a cut above the average. The guest rooms are beautifully decorated and well-appointed. The staff was pleasant, and a couple of extra features stand out: if you have a "do not disturb" sign on your door, they will slip a note under the door telling you that the staff will be on duty until 2 PM, so if you need anything, just to call. Additionally, the beds have a choice of both firm and soft pillows, with a card explaining where they are located on the bed. Beds were great, location was good, and the only problem was that every floor has an ice machine except the fourth [smoking] floor. I can't remark about the breakfast because I only get coffee. I don't like to be around people eating free breakfasts in hotel breakfast areas.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank bigsquirt
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Just a quick overnight to meet our daughter. This property totally net our expectations. Bed was terrific and front desk arranged late checkout. Breakfast bar was good and better than most. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family