“Great Lodge look!!1”

Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Scottsboro
Atlanta, Georgia
“Great Lodge look!!1”
Reviewed 2 August 2013

We were very happy to find this lovely hotel as we were traveling though northern Alabama. Our room was very nice, clean and very comfortable. We really enjoyed the jacuzzi.Great after a day of hiking or shopping. It was very clean and well maintained. The location was perfect ,very scenic area.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
al368, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
On behalf of the entire staff we would like to thank you for your kind words. We strive to make every guests stay enjoyable. We hope to see you on your next visit to Scottsboro, Alabama.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 19 July 2013

Loved the room as it was very well cleaned, the bed slept like a million bucks. Had 2 choices of pillows firm and soft on the bed. The staff was very helpful and had maps of places already printed and were always able to give advice on anything we asked of them. The breakfast was very good and enjoyed it a lot. We stayed 2 nights due to my husbands work but would have loved to stay longer. The shopping was great and the lakes were so pretty and this was about 10 minutes to the TVA training facility which was great. I can't say enough nice things about the room or the staff. I would stay there again! Next time for pleasure for the whole family as my husband missed out on a lot of the fun part!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
al368, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 24 July 2013
On behalf of our entire team, we would like to thank you for your kind words.
We hope to see you again very soon.
Clarksville, Tennessee
Reviewed 2 July 2013

About what you would expect for a hotel that charges higher than average prices for the area it's located in. Decent, clean rooms. Average Continental Breakfast. If you book here in the summer, be sure to ask for a room that faces north. Alabama summers get pretty warm, and those wall unit air conditioners like to freeze up around 4pm, if you're in a south facing room. Nothing better than coming to a room in the evening that's a "toasty" 80 degrees, with the thermostat on 70. The reason I say poorly managed, the pool was down the entire week we stayed there. I came down to fish and wanted an indoor pool for my girlfriend, seemed nice enough in the pictures. The first day it was down for treatment. The second day, someone broke one of the lights in the pool. The solution? Yep, you guessed it, hang a closed sign on the door and leave it. Totally disappointed. There are other hotels in the area that are significantly cheaper that will get my business in the future.

Room Tip: North facing room in the summer.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
al368, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
On behalf of myself and the entire staff we would like to apologize for failing to exceed your expectations.

There was an incident with the light in the pool. We were required to drain the pool completely and clean all the broken glass from the pool and pool deck. I would like to assure you that this issue was taken seriously. However, the safety of our guests had to come before convenience.

We would like to welcome you back to our hotel so that we may have the opportunity to exceed your expectations, and you may experience our true Southern Hospitality.

Please contact me personally the next time you visit Scottsboro.
Reviewed 10 June 2013 via mobile

When I pulled up and saw the front of the hotel I was amazed. It had a rustic look of the mountains. Loved it...the young lady at the desk checked me in at 12:00 pm and gave me directions to the courthouse. Thank you for helping. The room was outstanding in every means possible. The breakfast was great. I made myself miserable eating to much...I highly recommend staying there.

• Stayed June 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. On behalf of myself and the entire staff it pleases us to know you enjoyed your stay at the Comfort Inn & Suites. The comments will be shared with the entire staff to offer encouragement to improve guest service standards and exceed guest expectations.

We hope to see you again!
Kentucky
Reviewed 26 May 2013

Although this is a newer hotel and it looks to be in excellent condition....the housekeeping has alot to be desired. I left a written message at the front desk upon checking out...after calling to complain, so I will see if I get any feedback. First of all, they say you are allowed a rollaway here but once you check in, they aren't allowed. The rooms are alittle small to accomodate one. Upon arriving for our 2 night stay, the room looks very inviting and the bathroom looks spotless. Upon closer inspection however, we find under the chair a large flat box with plastic that once held a 24 pack of water bottles. If you cleaned very well, how could you miss that? Also behind the curtain was a dried up, 2 or more week old orange peel. They do have a fridge and microwave which is very nice but this microwave stunk like month old burnt to a crisp popcorn! It smelled so bad we couldn't stand to use it. The fridge was clean and worked well. Our second day of just wanting to relax in the room and enjoy the pool at times...well, we relaxed but in unmade beds and with the stink of our left over pizza from the night before. We asked for room service around 12:30 but they didn't show up until sometime after 4:00 while we were out to dinner. The freshening of the room consisted of "straightening" the beds and leaving a few clean towels and 3 washcloths for 4 people! I had even picked up our trash and pizza boxes and left all that in a large trashbag. it was still in the room upon returning! the floors hadn't been swept and the furniture was not wiped off. Very lazy housekeepers and not at all up to Comfort Inn standings in my book. They have a nice indoor pool although the water was murky looking and alittle cool. the hot tub was small and not very bubbly for my liking. There is a really nice sitting area with rose bushes and a water wall fountain. Front desk people were nice enough but not overly friendly. The breakfast was the usual quick stop with cold cereal. waffle and biscuits and gravy but no meat. This would be a good hotel if they would just get the cleanliness in order and if their staff were alittle friendlier.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank judogayle
al368, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, 29 May 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel.On behalf of our entire staff please accept our sincere apology for failing to exceed your expectations. Your satisfaction is important to us. The feedback you provided will be used to make improvements to ensure we offer exceptional service to our guests.
I hope that you will consider staying with us again so that we have another chance to exceed your expectations.

North Carolina
Reviewed 25 May 2013

This is a great place. We just completed a 3 night stay, and it couldn't have went any better. Check-in was easy, room had a big flat screen tv. The beds have soft and firm pillows (I preferred the firm). Wifi worked great in the room. For break the first 2 mornings we had link sausage, scrambled eggs, gravy, white & wheat bread, biscuits, Danish, muffins, instant oatmeal, boiled eggs, yogurt, make your own waffles, fruit, orange juice, apple juice, milk, cereal and coffee. This morning, instead of sausage, they had ham, and the scrambled eggs had cheese in them. Pets are allowed at this Comfort Inn, but fortunately, I didn't see any. I used the pool and hot tub, and both were in great shape. Towels are provided at the pool area. Great stay.

Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jon14-6
Birmingham, AL
Reviewed 11 May 2013

This is a very nice, attractive hotel. Pet friendly which is surprising for such a nice place. Rooms are interior doors, great breakfast and attractive lobby. Manager was very accommodating in switching rooms. Also has hot tub and indoor pool, but sadly we forgot our swimsuits. Great value.

• Stayed May 2013
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsboro
Hampton Inn & Suites Scottsboro
#2 of 7 in Fort Payne
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#6 of 10 in Scottsboro

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!