“Service and Room issues”

Quality Inn Scottsboro
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Scottsboro
Atlanta
“Service and Room issues”
Reviewed 25 September 2013

There was no one up front to check me in for at least 10 minutes after I arrived. Finally took a newspaper and read it in the car until the desk attendant returned. Then she happily let me know I would have a first floor room, but she did not note my Choice web site reservation "special request" for a top floor room. She did fix that upon my request.
The room was comfortable and clean, but the curtains were falling off the window.. I climbed a chair and rigged them up so that privacy and light would not be an issue.

I like to swim laps if possible, but the pool is too short for that. The breakfast was pretty good overall... enough to keep me going until noon.

I would have rated this hotel a 4 or 5 if the check in had not been delayed, the curtains were functioning reasonably well, and had the front desk attendant read the reservation request.

Room Tip: The building in the back is quieter--- not as close to the highway.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn Scottsboro, responded to this review, 28 September 2013
Dear ­­­­­­­­­­­_rjacka3______,

Thank you for your recent comments regarding your stay with us. I would like to first and foremost apologize for the different occurrences you encountered in regards to the checking in process. I will forward your comments to our all of our staff so that we may address these issues and work to correct them. If you are in the Scottsboro, AL area again; I welcome the opportunity to connect with you better on a future stay. Please feel free to contact the hotel directly and ask for me.

Kind Regards,

General manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Let me start by saying that this was the best Quality Inn I have been in, (this is a former Jamerson Inn). I made a reservation for a Monday about 4 days in advance--but I booked my 1 day stay on the wrong day. when I realized it--it was too late to cancel and they quickly charged me as a no-show---which is their right. However, I booked a room with them the following night hoping they would waive that if I stayed on the next day--which was my preferred day. I was planning only a one day stay anyway. the manager was unsympathetic, unyielding and didnt care that I was a platinum member with Choice hotels.. Again, it would have been a courtesy credit but not with this lady. case closed.

Now the bad; I don't stay at hotel because of the free breakfast--but if its there, I will choice what looks good. In this case nothing: Milk was 'outdated by 8 days and other containers by 2 days. pastries were hard as a rock and the food that was to be hot (sausage mystery patty) was cold. Its a shame because the hotel is in good shape. The manager needs a lesson in who is supporting her hotel. I will NOT return to Choice Hotels because of that lady. Goodby Choice Hotels--Hello Marriott. They are worth the extra money.... Oh--the air conditioners are very loud. Mine kept going on and off every 5 minutes.

Room Tip: check out the a/c before you settle in. better yet--stay at hamptin Innt
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Quality I, Guest Relations Manager at Quality Inn Scottsboro, responded to this review, 19 July 2013
Thank you for taking the time to review our property and we were delighted to hear that you considered us the best Quality Inn that you have ever stayed with, and I have shared your thoughts with our entire staff and our management company. We have reviewed the process of online reservations to ensure the accuracy of the arrival and departure dates and to ensure that all guest receive a email confirmation verifying that all information entered is correct and that a room is held for all guest reservation until 7 AM the following day. We have spoken with our breakfast staff to ensure that breakfast is always hot, fresh, and healthy for all of our guest. We apologize for the misunderstand and we understand your views and hope that you will decide to visit Choice properties in the future to win back your trust and loyalty.

Guest Relations Manager
DUNLAP
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Every hotel in Ft. Payne and the surrounding area was full. We were on our motorcycles and it was getting late. We called around and the Quality Inn had rooms available. We arrived after 9pm, the front desk clerk, Jordan, was extremely friendly and polite. The rooms were nice and clean, microwave and fridge. The stay included a wonderful breakfast bar in the morning. Fresh fruit, yogurt, waffles, eggs, sausage and biscuits, and grits, just to name a few items. The staff was extremely friendly and all were smiling. They were all willing to answer my husbands questions about directions to a certain area, even asking other staff to chime in if they could help. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Maybe a room in the back would have been more quiet. The mowers were there at 7 am and we just happ...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank KATIE D
Quality I, General Manager at Quality Inn Scottsboro, responded to this review, 31 May 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay! We are always happy to hear back from guests that have enjoyed their stays. I hope that we can see you again in the future and provide another excellent experience. Take care and have a wonderful day!

Carolyn Hall
Fairfax, Virginia
Reviewed 27 November 2012

On our trip from Wash DC to Mobile, we stayed here for one night with our two small dogs. In spite of our late arrival, the front desk person very nice and accomodating. The parking lot was well lit and we were able to park right in front of our hotel room door. The room was nicely furnished with a nice flat panel TV which we enjoyed watching SEC college football on. The king size bed was confortable which made for a good night's sleep. Considering everything, we would definitely stay at this location again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank David K
Thank you so much for your feedback on your stay! We are always happy to hear back from guests that have enjoyed their stays. I hope that we can see you again in the future and provide another excellent experience and be sure to bring your wonderful dogs with you on your next trip. Take care and have a wonderful day!

Carolyn Hall
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I must preface this review by saying I only stayed for a little over an hour. When I checked in, the clerk mentioned the back building would not be quiet because there was a large group of construction workers. I went off to run some errands, came back, started to take things up to the room when I noticed several large groups of people in the parking lot, trucks were parked with the doors open & radios blaring, large coolers were being carried into several rooms, it was obvious a party was going to take place. I went to the room, which was fine (although I little overpriced), sat down to see what was going to happen. I couldn't get the a/c unit fan to run non stop to drown out the noise, and there was also some kind of whooping siren every few minutes behind the property. I couldn't hear the tv, I didn't feel safe. Reluctantly I picked up my items and went to the front office to check out. The clerk said refunds were given if you checked out within 30 minutes, but I explained the situation had not developed within that 30 minutes, if it had been going on when I got there I would not have checked in. She called the manager and a full refund was given, which I commend as excellent customer service. For this reason, I would suggest that anyone considering the hotel inquire about large groups of long term guests, and ask about what that siren noise was, it would keep me up all night.

Room Tip: away from whooping siren :-)
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Slotmachinequeen
QISCOTTSBORO, Owner at Quality Inn Scottsboro, responded to this review, 6 October 2016
The Quality Inn takes great pride in providing the best level of guest hospitality and cleanliness in each of our guest rooms.

Our property is currently going through a major remodelling and renovation project. We have completed a major overhaul on each of our common areas and our team is now busy diligently upgrading each of our guest rooms.

Overall, we look forward to showcasing our friendly service and new fresh look. We welcome accommodating your lodging needs at the Quality Inn when you are in the Scottsboro, AL area.
Attalla, Alabama
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Stayed here four nights a week for eight weeks.Rates were good. Staff was very friendly, rooms very clean, breakfast was exceptional...bisquits, gravy, sausage, waffles, bran, cereals, coffee, juices. Flat screen tv. fast net service. Well lit parking lot, close to many restaurants (with discounts with room key), Wal mart etc. Will definitely stay here again and again. very peaceful experience!

Jessica's friend

Room Tip: Rooms on the front get the afternoon sun but it didn't seem to matter.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Jack D
scottsboro, General Manager at Quality Inn Scottsboro, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Thank you for taking time to post your feedback regarding your stay at Jameson Inn, Scottsboro, AL. It is our goal to ensure that all of our guests have the best experience while staying with us, so it makes me very happy to read that you found us clean and well maintaned and that you enjoyed our breakfast! We hope to see you again soon. Sincerely Carolyn Hall-GM
New Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 3 August 2012

I recently was on a long road trip and broke down in the Scottsboro area. I ended up at the Jameson Inn at about 12:30 am. The staff was genuinely helpful and friendly, making me feel safe and comfortable after my breakdown on a very desolate and dark highway. They even gave me a late check-out to make sure I had enough time to resolve my tire issue in the morning.

The rooms were clean and well maintained, passing my initial room inspection with flying colors! ( I had just demanded my money back from a neighboring Inn because the room was dirty and there was mildew and soap scum in the tub. I am very serious about my initial room inspection having been a house keeper and an assistant inn keeper.) In the morning, after a nice breakfast in the dining room, the staff gave me directions to the nearest place to replace a blown out tire. Jameson Inn's are now on my radar for places to stay at, no matter where my travel destination is (or isn't LOL).

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
scottsboro, General Manager at Quality Inn Scottsboro, responded to this review, 23 August 2012
Thank you for taking time to post your feedback regarding your stay at Jameson Inn, Scottsboro, AL. It is our goal to ensure that all of our guests have the best experience while staying with us, so it makes me very happy to read that you found us clean and well maintaned.! We hope to see you again. Sincerely Carolyn Hall-GM
Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsboro
Red Roof Inn & Suites Scottsboro
#2 of 7 in Fort Payne
Econo Lodge
Econo Lodge
#6 of 10 in Scottsboro

Been to Quality Inn Scottsboro? Share your experiences!