Quality Inn Scottsboro
  • Breakfast included
Econo Lodge(Scottsboro)
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
All reviewsparking lot was well litroom was cleanthe unclaimed baggage storegreat place to stayground floorvery pleasant stayking roomrefrigerator and microwavecontinental breakfasthousekeeping stafffront desk personstay there againwould highly recommend this hotelgreat roomwaffleslake guntersvillemotel
Reviewed 31 July 2009

We made our first trip to Scottsboro for the State Dixie Youth Softball tournament. We arrived in 1:00pm and was greeted by the desk clerk with an attitude. She must have been having a bad day because she immediately said the rooms were not clean yet and it would be 3:00pm. We drove around for 1-1/2 hours and then came back to await check-in. When we tried to check-in we were told that they only had a king room, not the room with 2 double-beds as we had reserved. This was an immposibility since we were traveling with 4 people. The clerk and then the general manager continued to argue with me concerning the fact that they had given my room to someone else. The general manager told me there was nothing she could do and asked me did I want my reservation cancelled. Instead of saying, "We've made a mistake, let's see what we can do to help you," she continued to argue until I told her I would report to TripAdvisor and would make some phone calls. After I walked away from the desk, she came out from behind the desk and asked me into her office. There she offered me two kings room in replacement. This was a little inconvenient considering I had to send my daughter to stay in another room with her grandmother and my belongings were packed in with hers. However, I would never have minded if to begin with they would have tried to resolve the matter and not been defensive. I was the customer who had called 5 days in advance and reserved the room with 2 double beds. If I go back to Scottsboro, I'll try another hotel where they appreciate my business.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
1  Thank AlabamaWeThree3
scottsboro, General Manager at Quality Inn Scottsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2009

This reservation was made though the Dixie Softball League and Scottsboro Parks and Recreation. We hosted three teams that weekend and each team was told they would have a certain amount of double rooms and king rooms. The coaches send us there lists as to whom got what type room. We accommodated according to the coach whom acted as the group leader for each team. We were never rude with this guest and were able to get her an additional king room at no cost due to the coaches not advising them of the rooming accommodations. We appreciate all of our guest and we strive to accommodate everyone. Many if the team members thanked us for there visit and will be back again next year. .

Reviewed 17 January 2008

One of the better hotels in Scottsboro, but still lacking. Rooms are decent, but no always cleaned. Missing outlet cover seems like an obvious fix, but wasn't. Room wasn't vacuumed and one day was only hastily cleaned. Breakfast is terrible. Fruit was on the verge of rotting and food appreance leaves a feeling of ditching breakfast and going somewhere else. No newspaper offered.

Stayed: November 2007
1  Thank waz_jw
QISCOTTSBORO, Owner at Quality Inn Scottsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 6 October 2016

The Quality Inn takes great pride in providing the best level of guest hospitality and cleanliness in each of our guest rooms.

Our property is currently going through a major remodelling and renovation project. We have completed a major overhaul on each of our common areas and our team is now busy diligently upgrading each of our guest rooms.

Overall, we look forward to showcasing our friendly service and new fresh look. We welcome accommodating your lodging needs at the Quality Inn when you are in the Scottsboro, AL area.

Reviewed 3 September 2007

The clerk at check in very good, helpful and knowledgeable. The problems I had was twofold. The room coffee pot, coffee maker and the tray it was on was extremely dirty. Had to wash the pot and clean the maker before putting the coffee on.
The second was the mattress. It had to be the orig and most likely the cheapest on the market. Did not measure but it could not have been over 6" thick. I use to sell mattresses in my business for 28 yrs so I do know good and bad mattresses. It was the worse night sleep I've had in many a year. My wife was
on a different bed and said that mattress was better than the one
I slept on.
The thing that got to me was the attitude of the clerks when I checked out. They seemed not to care as he looked at me and one word as he handed me my bill; "Sorry". Sounded to me as
if he was saying, "tough luck".

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank MississippiBob

Reviewed 3 July 2007

I've stayed in many hotels in small towns during my time traveling work, but never had an experience quite like the Jameson Inn. I traveled with 3 other people, and between the four of us, we had more problems in our two week stay than I would have thought possible.

To begin, the rooms were not cleaned. All four rooms had noticeable debris on the floor, which easily would have been picked up via vacuum. The bathrooms had several varieties of hair in them, and the toilets were, to be polite, not clean.

The beds were haphazardly made, and upon turning down the comfortor, there was hair on the sheets, indicating that they probably had not been changed. One of my co-travelers called housekeeping to ask for new sheets and was told that she would have to come to the front desk and get her own sheets and make her own bed. When she returned from work the next day, the old sheets were still in the corner where she left them.

Another person in our group was checked out of his room early. The manager did not know where his belongings were, so he had to wait 30 minutes until they got a hold of the cleaning lady who moved his stuff out.

Add to that the uneven performance of both the in room fridge, microwave, the iron (assuming there was one to begin with) and the TV which, in each room received different channels, and we had a very poor experience at the Jameson.

I would warn any other travelers to stay 30-45 miles away at the nearest hampton inn or holiday inn express.

• Stayed: June 2007, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank mga8402

A TripAdvisor Member
Indianapolis Indiana
Reviewed 1 August 2004

Excellent value, perfect stay everytime, great continental breakfast, superb staff - front desk, housekeepers, managers.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member