“Beautiful Lake Views”

Marietta, Georgia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Beautiful Lake Views”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

We stayed in the cottages at Goose Pond Colony over Memorial Day weekend. All in all it was a great experience. We actually rented 5 of the cottages for 31 family members for a reunion. The cottages have 2 bedrooms each with 2 Q beds per room.There are 2 bathrooms (large) and a kitchen (small but adequate with full size oven/range, refrigerator and dishwasher) as well as a living/dining area. The best part of the cabins was the screened porch all across the back overlooking beautiful Lake Guntersville. Each cabin has access to a fishing dock (I think 2 cabins share a dock). We have stayed at Lake Guntersville State Park at the chalets for the last several years, but came here this year and not sure I would go back to LGSP. This place is beautiful and the golf course very nice...WAY better than LGSP. There is a pool and a marina. TIP: Cottage #2 has wireless internet. Did not appear to be any in the other cottages.

1 Thank JustGetGoing

Rogersville, Alabama
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“OMG ! Words can't describe....”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

This place is AMAZING ! I can not even begin to describe how AWESOME the food is... we had tuna bites and group fingers for appetizers. I ordered the tuna bites for my meal as well. The filet mignon will melt in your mouth... I could go on and on. Compliments to the chef !!! Drinks a fantastic and the atmosphere is relaxing and laid back... we had to leave before the music started, we came by boat from Guntersville and were not familiar with the area. We will definitely be back :)

North Carolina
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Nice course, with great views”
Reviewed 25 May 2013

My son played this course during the NJCAA Championship. Course was in very good condition, staff was pleasant, and the views of the lake were great. My son's team stayed in the cottages across the road from the club house, and they loved them. Plenty of room, and they had their own fishing dock, where they fished and swam.

Chattanooga, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Think twice before you pick this place”
Reviewed 27 April 2013

Too bad for the beauty of the adjoining golf course…. Notice, the pictures of the campground are from the lake. There is a reason for that. It really isn’t a campground, it looks more a residential community complete with RVs on blocks with wooden stairs and permanent broken down decks attached, and above ground septic tanks surrounded by tall grass. No, we did not stay here. We drove down from Chattanooga to check it out. I hope our wasted day will save others from the disappointment before you make the trip with camper in tow. They had a newly constructed fish cleaning station that looked nice. Someone has not reviewed the list of rules for the campground in a while. If they followed the rules and really wanted patrons and not homesteaders this place on the river could be beautiful. Visit at your own risk. I have nothing to gain or lose. I do not understand the great reviews.

Visited April 2013
3 Thank Tammy H
Hollywood, Alabama
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Lots to do outdoors.”
Reviewed 18 April 2013

If you like golf, boating, fishing or hiking outdoors this is a great area. Kept very clean. Has nice camping site. Bring you boat and spend the week. Has nice community pool. Cabins are nice as well.

Visited July 2012