“Decent Budget Hotel”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Scottsboro
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Scottsboro
Reviewed 25 August 2013

We stayed at this place because we, too, had come to Scottsboro to see the Unclaimed Baggage Center. The Key West Inn is conveniently located on a main road and it is value priced.
Let me start out by saying that we had no such problem with bedbugs as one of the more recent reviewers had. We found the room to be clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful.
The room is a basic room. It has a small fridge, microwave, coffee maker, iron and ironing board-in short, a typical hotel room. The AC wasn't any quieter or nosier than you would expect it to be. We slept well.
Breakfast is served starting at 5 AM which is unusual and great if you need to have an early start. The woman who worked the breakfast room that Thursday morning made wonderful coffee. She also prepares the waffles for you if you want waffles. I don't think too many other places do that. We were pleased with the friendliness of the service.
All in all, if you are looking for a basic hotel room that won't break your budget, this place is for you.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank haro0010

Reviewed 14 June 2013

My husband and I stayed at the hotel on 6/7/09 in room 127 we had planned on the entire weekend until we found bed bugs in our bed the next morning . My husband took some of them in a cup to the night manager we had to make sure they did not follow us to our home what a job we had outside the room looked clean but I will not stay there again and advise anyone else to stay away. After reading other reviews I see we are not the first to report this . I do not know who to report this to but surely there is an agency that checks to make sure this does not occur how can this continue to be reported and the hotel still showing no bed bugs reported. I don't feel like this problem has been taken seriously by the hotel but believe me if it were them that found the bugs I am sure this would be a different story. We haven't had any contact from the hotel or priceline about reimbursement for the night we did not stay there despite contacting them when we got home. I will continue to attempt to contact an agency to report the bugs.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Janbabe
Hoss K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Scottsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your business at Key West Inn Scottsboro and sincerley apologize for any Inconvinences which has occured on your recent Trip.
Eventhough our Pest control company checks for any signs of roachs or Bugs every month and our trainned staff check the entire room pramaters, appearntly it was missed.
Our sincere apologies again and I will contact you for furture action to satisfy you.
Director of operations

Reviewed 25 May 2013

Visited Scottsboro, AL to go to the Unclaimed Baggage Center. The Inn is on a rise, just off the main road perhaps five minutes away. We passed right by a couple of times, as the green sign blended into the landscaping when facing the evening sun, so phoned to get directions. The staff was extremely helpful and once we arrived, it was a quick checkin . Hotel isn't new and they didn't have a handicap room available, but we were given a street level room. The mattresses and bedding were clean, and there was a fridge, microwave and coffeemaker, plus a contential breakfast was offered in the lobby. Room was large and air conditioning worked well. Noticed that there was a large parking area in back for fishermen to leave their boats or trailers if staying a few days. The place was super quiet and we were able to get great sleep. Would definitely stay there again should I visit the area. The value was good, but would have been great had I booked it the night before when checking the web, before rates changed for the holiday weekend. Still a good deal, though.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank J H
Hoss K, Director of Ops. at Red Roof Inn & Suites Scottsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Dear valued Guest,
We appreciate you for your business during your recent trip to scottsboro, AL.

Director of operations

Reviewed 17 May 2013

My Husband and I get away to this great hideaway in Scottsboro, AL every few months. It has wonderful clean rooms and we especially enjoy the ones with the oversized Jacuzzi tubs. The staff is very friendly and professional. It offers a wonderful complimentary breakfast with great variety. And all of this is offered for a very reasonable price.

Room Tip: King Jacuzzi rooms
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tamirevette
Reviewed 12 February 2013

The staff were very friendly and the room was very clean and nice. Everyone from the front desk clerk to the housekeeping staff were helpful and very respectful. The breakfast was very good and our choices were as good as in most restaurants. We will definitely stay again and because of the excellent experience we are interested in staying at other Key West Inns when we travel.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MaxAly1969
Hoss K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Scottsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We like to take this opportunity to thank you for your business and comments.
At Key West Inn- Scottsboro we strive to make every guest's stay a memorable experience.
We are looking forward to be of service to you in the near future.

Management & staff

Reviewed 3 November 2012

This is my second try on posting a review, TA somehow deleted my previous one.

From the outside this motel looks a little run down, and the presence of construction crews hanging out on the balconies caused me a little concern (this seems to be the usual in Scottsboro). However, the check in clerk was very nice and the rate was reasonable,so I checked in. The room itself was nice, a little dated, but very clean. I had a king bed, micro and frig, couch, and decent reading lights. The other guests did hang out and go in and out of their rooms until 10PM, then everything quieted down and I had a great nights sleep. The next morning I went down for breakfast, and as others mentioned, there was a very nice young lady who fixed your waffle. The rest of the breakfast was more than adequate. She and the desk clerk were very friendly, when I explained about the problems at other local hotels that had me end up at the Key West they told me that their long term guests know to quiet down after 10PM or they'll be told to leave. The owner hopes to improve the outside and update the rooms when the economy picks up. I would not hesitate to stay here again as my first choice, not just by default.

Room Tip: some rooms face the busy highway; no elevator to 2nd floor
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Slotmachinequeen

Dear Valued Guest,

We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your comments and we will strive to make our operation perfect on a daily basis. We are looking forward to seeing you on your next trip to Scottsboro, Alabama. As we are trying to improve our property for our guest's experience.

Respectfully yours,

Management and Staff

Reviewed 3 July 2012

The staff was friendly and very helpful.Our room was clean and pretty.The breakfast was good and well stocked. We had never stayed anywhere that they cooked your waffle for you. We hope to stay there again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Hoss K, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Scottsboro, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

We appreciate your business and respond. At Key West Inn- Scottsboro, We strive to make every stay for every guest a pleasurable and satisfying one.
We are looking forward to be of service to you during your next Visit To Scottsboro, AL

Management & Staff
Key West Inn- Scottsboro, AL

Also consider these accommodations in or near Scottsboro
Quality Inn Scottsboro
#3 of 7 in Fort Payne
No photo provided
Budget Inn - Scottsboro
#6 of 10 in Scottsboro

Been to Red Roof Inn & Suites Scottsboro? Share your experiences!