“Nice Hotel”

Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Selma
Marietta, Georgia
“Nice Hotel”
Reviewed 5 February 2012

As expected, this Holiday Inn Express was a good choice. Nice hotel, nice people, Everything was up to Holiday Inn standards. This is probably the best hotel in Selma, which is a dying city!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank rdpine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Marana, Arizona
Reviewed 29 January 2012

Found out small pets are not allowed too late. Happily paid $200 fine as I shredded my Gold Elite Membership card.

• Stayed January 2012
2 Thank Trippished
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 28 January 2012

I stayed at this hotel last month and the service was horrible. The desk clerk and assistant manager was rude and very unhelpful. First, she did not want to honor the price quoted to me during reservation. After about 10 minutes of dialogue, she reluctantly gave me the room. Once in the room, there were no clean towels and I was moved to another room. The next morning, the breakfast area attendant was not present and no coffee. Horrible stay.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Kim P

Travellers are raving about these Selma hotels

Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I travel extensively in my business and stay at a variety of hotel chains throughout Alabama. In July I was doing business with the Dallas County Municipalities (city of Selma) and my office made me reservations for that time period at this HIE. I have stayed at this hotel since it's opening with no problems. On checking in I know that one of the forms you have to sign is the no smoking policy and the requisite fine you will incur so I use the designated smoking areas outside the hotel if I need to smoke. On receiving my credit card bill at the end of the month, attached to my hotel bill statement was a $200.00 smoking fee for this particular stay. There was no notice of this charge sent to me in e-mail. Upon calling the hotel to inquire why I was charged the extra fee I was told that I had smoked in my room when I know for a fact I did not. With a little searching I found that N. Davis is the top manager for the hotel and asked to speak with her. I was told that she was not in and I could leave a voice message. Upon not receiving a return call I called the hotel to speak with her and she was never available. The last time I called I was told the charge would not be removed as a housekeeper and two managers verified that there was a smoke smell in the room. (Remember this is almost a month ago.) I asked what documentation or evidence there was to prove what they were accusing me of which was meet with silence. I was also told that N. Davis had spoken to the person who made the reservations already and would not be speaking to me. This is just rude beyond reason and I have never been treated like this as a customer. I will not be staying at this hotel in the future and have recommended to my company not use it also. I will be contacting the local better business bureau to make them aware of this practice.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
20 Thank Phillip B
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 21 July 2011

We stayed at this Holiday Inn Express for four days in July 2011 and were very impressed with the service we received during our stay. It all began when we arrived at 2am. The night manager got us set up in our room right away and was kind enough to let us have some milk for our toddler. Our room was large and clean. The staff was consistantly friendly and helpful. The cheerful lady who managed the breakfast area chatted easily with everyone. We enjoyed seeing her each morning. Even when we had problems with the internet connection, the desk staff was helpful and followed up with an offer to have me talk with their technical people. Everyone from the manager to the maintenance crew were friendly and helpful. We will be happy to stay in this Holiday Inn location again!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank jmpj8107
Twin Lakes, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 April 2011

My daughter stayed here on a group tour and left her glasses in the room. Every time she called they gave her a different story about how to get her glasses back. Two weeks ago they told her they would send them to her regular mail and when she didn't receive them I called and they told me I had to send them a box with the postage prepaid. Even though they had already stated they would mail them, the manager refused to spend the less than $3 to fix this problem. My daughter has gone a month without them and now has to wait even longer because they won't take payment information over the phone. I have never had such poor customer service in my life.

• Stayed March 2011
7 Thank lgeyegal
Greenville, SC
Reviewed 6 September 2010

I recently stayed at the Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites in Selma. I had a difficult time selecting a hotel in Selma simply because there is not much to choose from. I was very happy with this hotel. Our double bed suite was very large and included a fridge and microwave. The bed were very comfortable. The room was very clean. The hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. The hot breakfast was great and saved us because there wasn't many place to get a hot breakfast besides fast food restaurants. If you are staying in Selma, please consider this hotel. It is around $50 more than the other hotels in town however it is worth every single penny considering the reviews of the other hotels.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank asbrown76
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selma
Hampton Inn Selma
Sleep Inn & Suites Marion
St. James Hotel
St. James Hotel
#3 of 10 in Selma

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Selma? Share your experiences!