“Overall pretty good”

Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Selma
Reviewed 25 December 2013

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 14 November 2013

I visit Selma several times a year and always stay here. I have never had a bad experience. The rooms are always clean. The staff is always friendly and helpful. Days Inn is not a top of the line chain, but you absolutely can not beat the value of Days Inn in Selma.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Bill_4859
Reviewed 26 July 2013

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 January 2013

As I was working in Selma Alabama, this particular hotel was closest to where I needed to be. The folks who own the place may have been a little hard to understand, but they were nice people. My room was always clean nor did I smell anything. Noise is a factor as it is close to a major road (through town). If my travels take me back that way and can't find something else, I guess I might stay there again.

Room Tip: Not the best place but good for what I needed.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Ralph M
Reviewed 7 December 2012

Everything was OK when we checked in. The next day we got back to the motel from work and both rooms had been poorly made, sheets not changed, and a very strong (knock you over) rotten garbage smell. We were finished early and decided to travel to our next market. When we checked out the bill was 10.00 more per room than we had agreed at the time of check in. That could have been the language barrier. Patel owned. Nice enough guy.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 November 2012

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 9 May 2012

I do not recommend staying here and this is why:

1. Customer service is horrible: I called when I was on my way to ask for directions and the manager hung up on me. Twice.

2. The rooms are dirty. The sheets are stained and have cigarette burnt holes. We found a used bar soap in the shower.

3. The rooms are old and not taken care of. The radio/alarm clock. We were 2 staying in the room and there was only soap for 1.

I passed a Hampton Inn and a Holiday Inn on my way here. Try your luck there, but avoid this place.

• Stayed: May 2012
4  Thank catalan_traveler
Also consider these accommodations in or near Selma
Quality Inn Selma
Sleep Inn & Suites Marion
St. James Hotel
St. James Hotel
#2 of 10 in Selma

Been to Luxury Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!