“Amazing”

7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed 5 July 2013

Very well preserved Civil War battlefield. Staff extremely knowledgeable and very helpful. Lots to see. Don't miss it.

Visited June 2013

foley
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Solitude of nature and ignore the negetive reviews”
Reviewed 26 May 2013

I come here to hike because Blakeley basically has the only trails in Baldwin county that are not packed with people. I enjoy solitude and hiking gives me that and I get that here. Yes, There is a civil war battle field and history but it's really all about nature (for me at least). The trails are deserted enough where I see only one or two people for the entire hike at the most. While it is marked fairly well, it's still easy to nearly get lost and wander around (which I like). There are plenty of hills, trees, bridges and wild like so the scenery is fantastic. Yes, you have to pay as small fee but it's understandable as they need to upkeep the park. There are about 10 miles of hiking trails. The only negative is that it is not big enough for a day long hike. Only a few hours at the most unless you walk ridiculously slow or are near death.

The man at the front office was very kind and helpful and gave me a map. Like most trails some inconsiderate A-hole decided to dump trash in the middle of the woods but that's nothing to do with the park.
I come here as much as possible and will continue. It's especially amazing at sunset.

Visited April 2013
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Rude and disrespectful park employee ruined our experience”
Reviewed 29 March 2013

My wife and I, our 18 month old daughter, and 2 friends of ours were thrown out of the park (with no refund) within 30 minutes of arriving today. After unpacking our car at an empty picnic table we found, the park ranger came by and started yelling at us from his SUV. Apparently we were in an area that could be rented as a campsite if someone came along wanting to camp. We are very peaceful people, and quickly apologized, explaining we had no idea this picnic table was off limits, but the guy would not let up. We had a hammock up that our daughter was sleeping in, and he told us that if all we were going to do was sleep that we should go off in the woods somewhere away from the people who were there to enjoy the park. He also called me a liar when I told him we didn't know they were campsites that had to be rented. All that was at the sites was a picnic table and a fire bowl in the ground. Every other campground I've seen that charges for a campsite has clearly marked areas, and they have power hook ups, etc...

Anyway, on the way out of the park I stopped at the front gate to ask the guy why he had been so disrespectful to my family. I told him if he would just apologize for being so rude OR refund my money I would let it go, but he just got rude again and threatened to call the Sheriff. That's why I am writing this: This kind of treatment is just unacceptable. We will never go back. Honestly, there isn't much there to see except some picnic tables you can't sit at :(

10 Thank ENOcamper
Axel, The Netherlands
118 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Good place to better understand history”
Reviewed 2 January 2013 via mobile

This state park is ok for hiking but the best part is the old civil war battle field. Because of the limited siize of the actual battlefield and the good self guide it is easier to start to comprehend the context in which civil war battles were fought. It remains sad that over 200 people lost their lives on the last day of the civil war, back in 1856. The picknick place in the heart of the old Blakeney is also nice. It is a pity that nothing is left of the abonded place. I consider this particular state park a fun place for exercise and education

Loxley, Alabama, United States
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“It could be so much better”
Reviewed 24 August 2012

they are trying to attract the equestrian community but when we arrived all they did was tell us where we could not ride. There was NO attempt to tell us where we could go. My friend sunk her horse in mud up to her belly. Save your money there are NO TRAILS

Visited March 2012