“A treasure in downtown Springville”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Casa Del Sol

Casa Del Sol
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Springville
Price range: US$5 - US$12
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Cheap Eats
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Street Parking, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Family-owned and operated Mexican restaurant in beautiful downtown Springville, Alabama. Great food, great service, great atmosphere. (New ownership and management as of Jan. 2015)
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A treasure in downtown Springville”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

I've eaten here quite frequently and Oh my what a change from a lot of the other Mexican restaurants in the greater Birmingham area!! The food is delicious. I've had the chicken quesadilla, the enchiladas Vera Cruz, the Mexican pizza, and a number of other dishes. I have never been disappointed with my choices. The ingredients are fresh; the spicing is just right and nothing tastes prepackaged. Everything has always been delicious and not greasy as is often the case with other Mexican places in the area. The NEW Casa Del Sol has a liquor license and serves margaritas, some specialty drinks, and a selection of beers ing with some delicious craft beers. The staff and service are friendly, polite, and efficient. The pricing is very affordable as there are lunch specials EVERYday from 11a.m. to 3p.m. The portions are generous even on the items from the lunch special pricing. Chips and salsa are always fresh and plentiful. In my opinion, this is ONE of the treasures of quaint little downtown Springville. I will return often! Try it you will NOT be disappointed.

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Tilly35120

“Very Good Food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2014

When we first moved to Springville we ate at the previous Del Sol restaurant. On most trips it was at best mediocre so we quit visiting Del Sol. Well it eventually closed and reopened under new management and a new name. Hesitant we decided to give it another try and was welcomed by new faces. I have now eaten at Casa Del Sol more than a dozen times and trying a new dish each time. I've not found one dish I do not like. The food is much better than it's predecessor and the selections are far superior. Overall, one of my favorite Mexican fare locations.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank Craig B
Springville, Alabama
“New Owners, Good Food and Service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2014

Decided to try the new restaurant and we were happy we did. Adin the waiter was very good and the food was very good. Frank the owner was very nice and we will be back.

Former reviews related to the former restaurant should be removed as it is not fair to judge this restaurant to the former business.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank HungryinSpringville
Odenville, Alabama
“New Owners/New name/Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

The ownership has changed at the restaurant, along with the cooks. The food is much better, fresher and the presentation is lovely. The phone number is different now. It's 205/452-2140.

• Visited January 2014
Gadsden
“Try the taquitos.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 October 2013

Our trip to Del Sol began after a local festival had ended on Sunday, Oct 13, 2013. We ended up here based on the few reviews of this restaurant from various websites.

The food at this restaurant was good for the most part. I ordered the chicken taquitos with an “a la carte” tamale. The tamale was moderately good but crumbled heavily and was hard to eat when it came down to it. As for the taquitos, I was served four taquitos, and Mexican (Spanish) rice (see picture). The taquitos were pretty good; they were very crunchy and tasty. As for the rice though, it was very dried out and not very favorable.

The waiter was very nice and took great care of us. Actually everyone in there that we had interactions with was very nice. It was a Sunday and when we arrived there were only three other families eating there. By the time we had left I believe there were around five families give or take a couple. So this wasn’t a very busy restaurant, especially for a fairly large festival to have just ended (Homestead Hollow).

As for the atmosphere, the walls were brightly colored. The music was mostly Hispanic style remakes of popular songs such as “Hotel California”. Each table had a battery operated tea-light candle in a holder.

All-in-all this restaurant visit was fairly decent. The service was great, the food was decent and the restaurant was fairly quiet. We don’t travel to Springville very often but we might be willing to stop by here again on a future visit.

• Visited October 2013