“First bed and breakfast experience - would definitely do it again”

River Rest Bed and Breakfast - Birmingham
Ranked #1 of 1 Talladega B&B and Inns
“First bed and breakfast experience - would definitely do it again”
Reviewed 25 August 2010

Richard and Ellen's house is beautiful and comfortable. I was a little leery about the idea of a bed and breakfast at first since I was concerned about the invasiveness of staying in somebody's house, but I was quickly put at ease. Richard and Ellen were helpful, friendly, immediately putting us at ease. Breakfast was very, very good and Richard recommended a couple restaurants for dinner that were excellent. We stayed in the Garden Room, which I loved. The bed was big and soft, the bathroom has a deep whirlpool tub, and the room has nice french doors opening out onto a patio with seating and a table. Drinks and snacks were provided throughout our stay as well as everything we needed to enjoy ourselves at the lake including beach towels, floats, a paddle boat and lounge chairs. I plan to return the next time I have a good excuse to have a weekend away from home.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Dothan, Alabama
Reviewed 4 August 2010

My husband and I had a wonderful weekend at River Rest. The rooms were beautiful and the beds were so comfy. The view of Lake Logan Martin from the living room was incredible. Richard makes delicious breakfasts. We had so much fun joining Richard and Ellen and the other guests during our evenings. Listening to everyone's stories and getting to know them was so special. I came for a relaxing weekend and left with several new friends.
Cathy and Lowry
Dothan, AL

Trussville, Alabama
Reviewed 26 July 2010

We decided to take a short weekend trip for our anniversary. We found the river rest b & b on the internet. It looked and sounded like a nice place to spend a quite weekend. As it turned out it was. The location is nice with a wonderful view of the lake. The accomadations were very clean and the bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was way beyond my imagination and was delicious. Richard and Ellen were very accomadating and took good care of us. They made us feel right at home.

Fountain Inn, South Carolina
Reviewed 4 July 2010

We just spent a fantastic weekend at River Rest Bed and Breakfast. We have stayed at many B & B's through the years, here and abroad, but believe we have now found the best. River Rest provides spotlessly clean, tasteful, beautiful yet comfortable accommodations. But that is not the best part. The inn keepers, Richard and Ellen, are the real treasure here. They anticipated our every need, striking a delicate balance between keeping us entertained and allowing our privacy. Richard's gourmet breakfasts could feed an army and impressed my husband, a gourmand himself. We will definitely be back for a longer stay next time.

Gonzales, Louisiana
Reviewed 24 May 2010

My wife & I took a long weekend to go to the Talladega Super Speedway where I was able to try my hand at driving a Nascar stock car. Our hosts were very in tune with our needs and wants. The atmoshere and beauty was absolutely astounding. There were so many things to do that we did not have a chance to, we will be sure to go back and do them. I really appreciated the Christian atmosphere as it was so refreshing to be part of that. I would strongly recommend this Bed & Breakfast to anyone as it was one of my very favorites.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Santa Rosa Beach, Florida
Reviewed 7 May 2010

We stayed at the River Rest for a long weekend when we traveled to Talladega to attend the NASCAR race. It was such a relaxing experience. The owners are very friendly and easy going. Our first full day there was stormy, so we slept in, had a wonderful gourmet breakfast, and then retreated to our room for a relaxing day of listening to the rain interspersed with naps. So refreshing. The location right on the lake is gorgeous and in the evening we enjoyed listening to the birds and wildlife outside on the swing. The breakfasts are so wonderful, we didn't need lunch until later in the afternoon.

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
Baton Rouge
Reviewed 29 April 2010

This was my first time at a B&B, but I can't imagine a greater experience than at RiverRest. Ellen and Richard are such fun, and so accomodating. The home is spotless, and spacious. From the big front porch we could enjoy the beautiful view of the lake and the grounds where the azaleas and roses were in full bloom. You never want to leave the front porch. The food is delicious and is served with great presentation. Richard and Ellen and are very creative in the kitchen.. They seem to really enjoy the whole experience also. I would recommend this B & B to anyone that enjoys great views, great fun, and great food. I hope to go back again soon!!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Talladega
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Talladega
Key West Inn Childersburg
Key West Inn Childersburg
#2 of 2 in Childersburg
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites - Pell City

Been to River Rest Bed and Breakfast - Birmingham? Share your experiences!