“if you want peace and quiet....don't stay here!”

Talladega Creekside Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Talladega
Talladega Creekside Resort
Reviewed 12 November 2013

This campground looks nice online. I went there for Veteran's day with my husband for some peace and quiet. When we turned down the road we saw junk, then 3 barking dogs running the fence next door to the campground, and let me tell you those dogs ran that fence and barked at every car that passed, they even barked when there were no cars. The ladies that ran the campground were sawing tin roofing material all day on Saturday! Yea go figure! You would do your remodeling on a busy holiday weekend...not on a week day when the campground is mostly empty? They also had a big dog they let roam into any campsite he wanted, upsetting my little dogs and other people's dogs too, and when we asked them to please keep him away from out dogs, they said, "He is friendly, and I just don't think we can keep him with us every minute!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Had a great stay here for 3 days, accomodated in one of the cabins that are adequately furnished and very clean and tidy. These cabins are not the Ritz, they are simple cabins nestled next to a beautiful creek - the water is not cold, its refreshing! Facilities include a games room, laundry, RV parking, shower block, etc.
The main attraction apart from sitting by the creek is actually being on it. Kayaks, canoes and tubes are available for rent - one of the girls (staff are great) drives you to the start point and away you go. I had a tube trip, serene is an understatement. Watched a young lad catch a bass, saw a carp jumping for surface flies, saw a heron - all of this I was no more than 15 feet away.
Provisions and eating places available in Talledega about 3 miles away, good location for Barbers Motor Cycle Museum, Talledega Race Tack / Museum and Cheaha State Park - highest point in Alabama.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Bobbathfan
Reviewed 10 July 2011

My family and I went to the resort to go kayaking down the river and it was awesome. They loaded us up and took as about 6 miles through the countryside and let us out on a little creekside. It was great. Then afterwards we had a picinic under a shade tree near the river. It was a perfect day. You can also rent tubes or canoes to ride down. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Cant wait to go back with a group of family. Simpson Family

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family