“Nice Family Resturant”

Stampede Steakhouse & Catfish Corral
Ranked #2 of 42 Restaurants in Talladega
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 1 January 2014

We stopped here for an early supper on the recommendation of a local business person and we're glad we did. It is obviously a repainted former Pizza Hut. My wife had the grilled western chicken and it was excellent. I was somewhat surprised that their 14 oz. T-bone steak was only $15. As expected, it was thin but tender -- with a distinct flavor of MSG or other tenderizer. I would have given them a 5 if it weren't for that. The onion rings were real onion. Service was excellent. A nice touch was when they gave everyone a sample of their peach cobbler. We're not usually cobbler people but this one was excellent -- not too sweet, just right.

We would come back.

Reviewed 3 April 2013

More of a family Resterant then a steak house. They have daily specials. I had their fried chicken, it was good but on the dry side (lightly coated which had good flavor). Hubby had meatloaf, it was tasty. The sides: Mac & cheese, good (tasted home made). The potato salad was good (nothing out of the ordinary) very cold.  The mashed potatoes were home made & good. Gravy was offered. Had the cornbread muffins & a brownie for dessert. Both were good & also home made. The service portions were very ample. Service was quick & good. The order got a little mixed up but was quickly corrected. For the price you can't bet this place. If your thinking about going to a fast food place, GO to the Stampede instead. You'll eat better & it won't cost you any more!
I realized I used the word GOOD a lot in this review because it was just Good; nothing to write home to mom about, but for a "fill you tummy" meal it hits the spot.