“So glad we gave this a try!!”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
David's Catfish House
Ranked #2 of 20 Restaurants in Thomasville
Cuisines: Seafood
Buhl, AL
“So glad we gave this a try!!”
Reviewed 16 April 2014

We decided to give David's a try on our way home from the beach. It happened to be a Sunday and their special was all you can eat fish and shrimp for $12.99. Service was great, food was great (even better than some that we had at the beach)! The coleslaw was the best I've ever had....couldn't quit eating it while waiting on our food! Will definitely make this a stop again in the future!

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank sjackson68

Mount Dora, Florida
“Nothing but Nice Things to Say about the Food and the Service!!!”
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Have driven by their place in Monroeville for years and have wanted to stop in but never had the time. So when they opened up a restaurant in Thomasville a while back my wife and I decided to give them a try. Their staff was very friendly and hospitable with all the sincere southern charm you would expect. The service was quick even with a sizable number of people filling the seats. They start you off with drinks and a nice bowl of cold slaw with plenty of saltine crackers. The food arrived quicker than expected and it was fresh and hot. I had the fried catfish and my wife had the popcorn shrimp. The catfish was favorable and the popcorn shrimp was tinder (not over cooked) with the lightest of batter that made them just perfect. The place reminds me of Ed's on the Gulf in Mobile in so many ways. We will surely be heading back again on our way back through town expecting the same great hospitality and excellent tasting food.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank FoodForOnTheMove
Alabama
“What I expected”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

Food was acceptable. Sweet tea was fantastic! Service slow even though they weren't busy. Prices a bit high.

Visited March 2013
Grove Hill, Alabama
“Best in Thomasville”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

David's Catfish (seafood, steaks, hard-to-find crab claws) is a multi-restaurant business in this region. Food is always great wherever you stop. Try the cole slaw. The buildings are different. This and Atmore AL are among my favorites. Restaurant is across from Walmart. From the front it looks small. Huge on the inside.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank JGinLA_loweralabama
Northport, Alabama
“Great Catfish!”
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I have eaten here several times and the quality of the food and the service is outstanding. Best catfish I have eaten in years. It is open 7 days a week now but only limited hours on Sunday.

• Visited January 2013