“Don't waste your time or money”
Review of Courtyard Troy

Courtyard Troy
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Troy
Alabama, New York
“Don't waste your time or money”
Reviewed 21 April 2013

This motel is a "wolf in sheep's covering". Stay away. If you value your money. stay at any other motel in Troy, Alabama. Paid over $100 for a room but no continental breakfast. Beware and stay away. Hampton Inn next door offers continental breakfast at no charge.

Room Tip: Choose a motel with amenities like a continental breakfast.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Mindlemeyer H
Megan C, Manager at Courtyard Troy, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
I would like to apologize that you were unaware of the Bistro service provided at Courtyard by Marriott. The Bistro cooks its food to order with the options of customizing your order and also featuring Starbucks coffee. It has a full bar open at night as well. Your business is important and I hope that if you are in the area again you will choose the Courtyard for your lodging needs.

Megan Chaudhari

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 April 2013

I always stay here in town. Close to Troy University and very close to a number of restaurants. Attentive staff, comfortable surroundings, and clean accomodations. The hotel still looks new to me. Can't go wrong here!

Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
Megan C, Manager at Courtyard Troy, responded to this review, 22 April 2013
Thanks so much for your feedback. We always excited to here that our guests enjoyed there stay!
Mobile, Alabama
Reviewed 3 March 2013

OVERVIEW: The Courtyard by Marriott is probably the best hotel available in Troy. It's incredibly clean, has nice comfortable rooms (everything worked!), and a terrific lobby. It's also conveniently located near the University's athletic facilities. If you're here to watch your team play, you'll only be a couple of minutes away.

FOOD/BEVERAGE: The Courtyard has a bar and bistro in the lobby, although the hours weren't great for us and we weren't able to check it out. They're open in the morning for breakfast, and til 10AM on weekends. The Bistro keeps evening hours from 5pm-10pm. We got back just before 10pm with a bottle of wine, and they didn't mind handing us a couple of wine glasses to take to our room.

SERVICE: Friendly and efficient, from the front desk to housekeeping. The staff is well-trained.

OUTDOOR AMENITIES: The pool is outside, plus there is plenty of seating in the patio area. The hotel also has a fire pit, for when the weather's warmer. It was pretty cold in Troy during our stay, and we didn't see anyone outside.

INTERNET: The internet is free and worked pretty well. We wanted to watch a game live on the internet and had no real problems.

ISSUES: The elevator is slow! But the only real improvement I'd advise is for housekeeping to put 2 regular and 2 decaf coffees in each room. With only 1 of each, only 1 of us got to drink regular coffee. They have a coffee/tea station in the lobby, which is free.

Overall, the hotel makes a great first impression and does not disappoint. For our stay, it was the priciest hotel available in Troy, but probably worth it.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
Ocean Springs, MS
Reviewed 15 November 2012

I like to stay someplace I feel safe, especially when the only folks traveling are me and my daughter. When we went to Troy for a visit at Troy University, this was an excellent choice. I was able to set in the lobby and work on my computer with lots of space. The cafe had snacks and more to drink and eat. Close to everything this is a good value.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank maxpearl
Megan C, General Manager at Courtyard Troy, responded to this review, 5 December 2012
Thank you for your kind words. I understand that you have other choices for your loding needs and appreciate you choosing the Courtyard. I hope see you on your next visit to Troy.

Megan Chaudhari
Detroit, Michigan
Reviewed 4 September 2012

Newer hotel rooms were very good. Nice staff that was very helpful and friendly. I ate dinner at the hotel and felt that it was overpriced. There are several resturants in walking distance I would try one of them if I visited again. I would stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank dtd107
Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I love this hotel. It was clean and the staff was great. Breakfast was good (Starbucks coffee) but it's not included in the price of your room. Most days we went to a nearby drive thru for a biscuit. It's in a convenient location to campus and restaurants. We were there for a baseball tournament and my only complaint was that there was only one set of washer/dryer and those boys get sweaty and dirty. I felt like I was in college going down to see if the washer was available every 20 minutes. Oh, and the front desk doesn't look like a front desk but it's on the left just as you walk in the door.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank MommyB1008
Slocomb, Alabama
Reviewed 28 June 2012

I highly recommend Courtyard by Marriott Troy! The whole property is top notch. Excellent customer service, very clean and well decorated rooms. The Bistro in the lobby has Starbucks coffee. Great location in Troy! I will definitely stay again at this hotel. Keep up the great work!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business