“Great Stay and Convenient for Football Games”
Review of Courtyard Troy

Courtyard Troy
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 12 December 2013

We made a late decision to attend a college football game at Troy University Thanksgiving weekend 2013 and were delighted that the Courtyard had vacancies when we called a week in advance. Having stayed there a couple years earlier, we knew this was a nice property. What we experienced was even better! The front desk staff was friendly and very accommodating. We especially enjoyed talking to the evening front desk clerk who was a college senior from Montgomery. He was pleasant and "right on" with directions and suggestions. Our room was, as requested, on the top floor facing the back side (away from any highway noise though this hotel is set well back from US 231. Everything was fresh in our room and the temperature control was flawless in keeping a steady temperature. A free shuttle was available for transport to the game but we drove since the drive to Troy's football stadium took just a minute or two and we found free parking within a reasonable distance. In fact, we went back that night to attend a high school playoff game in the same stadium. Several parents from the visiting team (Mobile, AL) stayed at our hotel but it was perfectly quiet all night. There seemed few college fans staying over, maybe the product of it being Friday afternoon. If your travels take you to Troy, this is the hotel for you.

Room Tip: The back side faces away from the highway though even the other side is okay since the hotel is set...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Megan C, General Manager at Courtyard Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 17 December 2013

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We love to hear that our guests are enjoying their stay and are taking advantage of the amenities offered. Football season is a great time here in Troy and are so happy that you were here to enjoy the game with us. Thanks again for staying at the Courtyard Troy, we hope to see you again in your future travels to Troy, AL .

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Very nice hotel very convenient to Troy University. We stayed here recently while visiting with my son and going to a football game. I have stayed at about 4 different hotels in Troy over the past couple of years while my son has been attending Troy and this is by far the nicest one in the area that I have stayed in. It is very clean and comfortable. The only negative is there isn't a complimentary breakfast. The rooms are large and very clean with very comfortable beds and pillows.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Megan C, General Manager at Courtyard Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 5 November 2013

Thank you for taking the time to leave feedback about your stay. I am so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and that the rooms met your needs. I would like to encourage you to try out the Bistro during your next visit where we proudly brew Starbucks coffee and everything is cooked to order. Once again thank you for your feedback and we look forward to you staying again in future visits to Troy.

Reviewed 10 September 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for a campus visit for my daughter. After a full day of Trojan stuff, we were very glad to have a crash pad. The staff very courteous and helpful. I will certainly consider staying here again if we return to Troy. I travel professionally quite a lot so I was fully aware if the bistro breakfast. Starbucks is my go to breakfast when on the road. So that was great. The bed was so comfortable too. The only question or concern I might have is the pricing. I don't know if the rate is competitive since I didn't even shop around. But it is a lot more expensive than I'd have to pay for a full Marriott in Atlanta for a Saturday night. Next time I will check around. But if Courtyard is my choice I would still be a happy camper.

• Stayed: September 2013
Megan C, General Manager at Courtyard Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Thank you so much for your feedback. We are always excited to hear that guests have enjoyed the amenities and service provided. We look forward to seeing you again in your future visits to Troy.

Reviewed 14 August 2013

This is a fairly new property right off Highway 231 on the south side of Troy. New Hampton Inn next door. Great Bistro for food, snacks and Starbucks coffee. Super clean and comfortable. Would recommend for family or business. Private pool area behind hotel.

Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
Megan C, General Manager at Courtyard Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2013

Thanks so much for your feedback. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and look forward to you staying again in future travels to Troy.

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Five of us stayed in 2 adjacent rooms for 2 nights. Quite disappointed. Room fridge was filthy. Housekeeping had not cleaned coffee pot and someone had tried to brew by putting filter in the water section (I still cringe when I think about it -- looked dried and crusted over - as though it had been there for days.)
No housekeeping services after 5 pm and minimal assistance from front desk.
Our toilet clogged and no maintenance staff available. Front desk brought us a useless plunger (45 mins after we told them of problem) and offered no aid.
Nothing done before we left next AM.
Food selection below par relative to any courtyard Marriott we have stayed at previously - and we have often stayed at Marriott hotels.

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank Dot478
Megan C, General Manager at Courtyard Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2013

I would like to apologize for the issues encountered during your stay. This is by no means the level of service that we intend to provide. Your feedback has given us the opportunity to follow up with the appropriate departments to prevent future occurrences and improve the service provided. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to your future stays in Troy.

Reviewed 19 July 2013 via mobile

The Bistro breakfast was very limited in selections. Snacks and water very expensive. Rooms very clean, comfortable and well decorated. We would stay again, but would bring in our own water and snacks. Children were disappointed that there was no programming for kids on the TV and no movies to rent. They do offer free WiFi.

• Stayed: July 2013
Megan C, General Manager at Courtyard Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 20 July 2013

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide feedback for your stay. We are always excited to see where we are meeting or exceeding our guest expectations as well as areas that could use improvement. Thank you for your stay and we look forward to your stays in future travels to Troy.

Reviewed 7 May 2013

Returned to my home town to celebrate my 60th high school class reunion. The last visit, I got the free breakfast at Hampton Inn only to return to my room and find all my jewelry and cosmetics had been stolen. I decided at that point that a free breakfast was not worth the cost! This Courtyard does have a bistro where food is available. Having stayed at many Courtyard's throughout the United States, the one in Troy is the best I have encountered. The facility is new, modern, immaculately clean, has a wonderful pool and patio area. The staff was friendly, thoughtful and very professional. The location is great - near the college, restaurants within walking distance, and far enough from US 231 so as not to be bothered with traffic noise. This will be our new home away from home!

Room Tip: We asked for and were given a room on the first floor. All room are open, large, and sunny. Our ro...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Megan C, Manager at Courtyard Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 12 July 2013

On behalf of the Hampton Inn, I do apologize for the inconvenience you encountered during your stay and appreciate the feedback regarding your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott. I have shared the comments on delivering great customer service with all associate and look forward to you staying with us during your travels back to Troy in the future.