“Taking Care of Business”
Review of Courtyard Troy

Courtyard Troy
Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

First of all I love this hotel bc of the
decor. It's modern & fun & the rooms have everything you need! Ruby Tuesdays right there on the loop & maybe a mile to Troy University. Golden Crane Japanese Restaurant was recommended & ITS FABULOUS!!! Ask for extra Yum Yum Sauce! Starbucks served here! BONUS for a Starbucks addict like me & anytime we needed anything staff was friendly & ready to make sure we got what we needed! While staying there was a water leak in the area near the lobby & of course the usual alarms & things went off but this hotel staff had this under control! Staff was cleaning, mopping, drying & a crew was here ON A SUNDAY to start work on the effected areas. Carpet coming up but out of the way of guests, dryers humming with little noise to dry out areas, the problem was just being taken care of! My friend & I have both been in Hospitality for a while & were impressed just how efficiently such a potentially big problem was handled & so quickly. Of course nobody wishes for the hotel they're in to have such an unexpected problem but gosh if they do they're going to want Megan as their manager! She came in that morning when everyone was flocking downstairs & stayed all day into the evening making sure everything got done as quickly as possible & was even checking in guests on top of all the other things she had going including helping me at the desk & the rest of the staff followed suit! They did their jobs, took Care of us & the other guests. Despite such a crazy morning, being awakened by fire alarms, the rest of the day was perfect & quiet & I was even able to do laundry on the same floor where the leak had been bc the line had been fixed & had been taken care of & the crews to correct the cosmetic problems from the leak already starting work! SO IMPRESSED with efficiency under fire ...well ...water. :) Thanks for Taking Care of us even with that craziness!!! Great staff! Great hotel! We will be back!

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Snowyriverbunny

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stayed only one night and was disappointed to learn that there wasn't any coffee or breakfast available. When the attendant did arrive, we learned that we had to pay $1.85 for small cup of coffee. Next time, we will avoid the Courtyard and go next door to the Hampton Inn and get as good accommodations for about the same rate plus free coffee and free breakfast.

Room Tip: Go to Hampton next door
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank USS_Edisto
Megan C, General Manager at Courtyard Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience. At the Courtyard by Marriott, Troy we continue to provide complimentary coffee in the guest rooms and an upgraded option of Starbucks coffee in the Bistro. The Bistro also provides a cooked to order menu for both breakfast in dinner. We trust that these upgraded amenities are to our guests satisfaction but always want to know how well it works for them. Once again thank you for sharing your experience and we hope that you choose the Courtyard in your future travels to Troy.

Regards,

Megan Chaudhari

Reviewed 4 April 2014

To say this is the best hotel in Troy isn't saying much because there isn't much in Troy BUT this is the best hotel in Troy. The hotel is modern and and decorated beautifully. The rooms are spacious and the bathroom is huge compared to many other hotels. There is a small fitness room and a small pool.

There is some room for improvement. The hotel is severely understaffed. When u arrive or visit the front desk for anything expect a wait. On average 5 to 7 minutes. The hotel does not offer free breakfast and the bistro is only opened a few hours a day for breakfast and dinner and the service is slow (there are several of the usual fast food chains within walking distance however). Overall my stays here have been great, they just need more staff and at least a free muffin and coffee for breakfast.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Nikki_Woods30
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I have stayed at the Marriott and Hampton Inn in Troy. The rooms at the Marrott are bigger and and the lobby and property provide a much more"inviting, come in and relax, up to date atmosphere". It has a bar and bistro, but I think the "free breakfast" at the Hampton is a better deal. Especially with all the resturants you can walk to from both. Also, the Hampton has a better tv channel line up and that makes a big difference since there's nothing to do in Troy. I like both hotels, but I wish Marriott had a better tv package. It's great if you're into sports and news (I'm not)! The staff at the Marriott seem to be more friendly and anxious to help you. Hope this helps!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Beverly C
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Great staff, friendly and helpful. Clean rooms, excellent environment. We appreciated the sincerity and authenticity of staff. Thomas has a good future in the industry. Big city Marriott's should take note of small town hospitality.

Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 7 February 2014

I did like this hotel. The staff is really great. They have a wonderful workout room with nice equipment. The rooms were clean and they had free wifi in all rooms which I liked. Things i didnt like was the fact they did not offer free coffee in the lobby......even in the morning. ???? They did offer free coffee packs which you could make in your room but in my opinion that isnt the same thing. They also need to work on keeping the hallways as clean as the rooms. The third floor hallway, while not terribly unsightly, needed to be vacuumed in my opinion. Even so I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Troy. Very comfortable beds, which in my opinion , is the most important thing. I slept great!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TNedge
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel one night on our way to Disney World. My husband and I have three kids and needed a large room. This hotel was perfect for us! We had two beds, a pullout sofa bed and two televisions. The room was huge and very clean. I would recommend this hotel to other families.

• Stayed: January 2014