“Best hotel in the Troy area”
Review of Hampton Inn Troy

Hampton Inn Troy
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 7 April 2014

Within the last 6 months, I have seen the newly renovated lobby, new carpets in the hall ways, new breakfast menu, etc... The linens and the towels are always clean and fresh. This hotel keeps getting better and better, and proves to be very well managed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Troy

Reviewed 28 March 2014

Good hotel for business trips. Clean, quiet and near by the University. Staff are friendly and helpful. Also it is probably a great place to stay for graduation. I will stay here again on my next trip to Troy, AL.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I have stayed at the Marriott and Hampton Inn in Troy. The rooms at the Marrott are bigger and and the lobby and property provide a much more"inviting, come in and relax, up to date atmosphere". It has a bar and bistro, but I think the "free breakfast" at the Hampton is a better deal. Especially with all the resturants you can walk to from both. Also, the Hampton has a better tv channel line up and that makes a big difference since there's nothing to do in Troy. I like both hotels, but I wish Marriott had a better tv package. It's great if you're into sports and news (I'm not)! The staff at the Marriott seem to be more friendly and anxious to help you. Hope this helps!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Very comfortable room. We were traveling with 4 adults and booked a 2-room suite. Roomy and well laid out. Nice breakfast and helpful/flexible staff. The location was handy to restaurants and the university.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Issues listed below. Staff interaction (service/attitude/etc) Woman who greeted me on checkin (larger african american woman, not sure of her name) seemed to have an attitude and could have cared less if I were there. Did not feel valued as an HHonors silver member. Room location/type The second room I was sent to as an "upgrade" was actually the handicapped room and felt old and not clean. Hotel/room smell The second room I was sent to felt as though it hadn't been cleaned well and therefore had a musty smell to it. Room/Suite cleanliness/housekeeping Second room I was sent to had mold in the bathroom. Tile grout was disgustingly dirty. Toilet bowl had brown stains. Working order of bathroom (sink/shower/toilet/fan/etc) Shower head was loose and difficult to use. Room had no iron. Had to ask for iron. Then went to use the ironing board and it was moldy. Had to ask for another board. Heating/cooling systems Heating cooling unit was very finicky. Wall control did not work. Internet Internet was so slow it was unusable. Common sites (such as new york times) took 5 minutes to load if at all. Had to use my cellphone wifi for internet. Room amenities (tv/coffee maker/fridge/cable/etc) TV in first room would not work at all. 200 channels of static. Second room TV remote did not work. Hotel/room maintenance General upkeep of the hotel and rooms seemed below par.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Adam C
Robert S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I had the misfortune of being in Troy, AL during Winter Storm Leon. The roads and city were shut down due to the unsafe icy conditions. The only comfort I was able to count on was my stay at the Hampton Inn Troy, AL. The staff was friendly and my room was very comfortable.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Bradford R
Reviewed 6 February 2014

we were happy to find a room at this fine hotel since we had to pull off the roads because alabama doesn't do a thing to deal with ice on their roads. I think their state employees prefer to sit around and eat donuts.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family