“Great for families!”
Review of Hampton Inn Troy

Hampton Inn Troy
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Troy
Reviewed 22 April 2014 via mobile

We were in Troy for thanksgiving and thought it better to not stay with family the whole time. Hampton inn was great! Spacious rooms, very accommodating. They even let the family hang out for hours in the lobby area. We watched a football game and enjoyed Starbucks. We were able to walk to the ruby Tuesday right up the street. We will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank OhHeyThereBuddy

Reviewed 16 April 2014

This Hampton (Troy AL) is a far cry from what I have come to expect from them. Not the most secure...The trailer park across the street had loud people coming and going all hours of the night...made me wish they had a fence around the hotel..mattress needs to be replaced..I could feel springs poking me..Air conditioner worked but was loud making sleep difficult...Once the employees were done getting their food breakfast made me miss the green powdered eggs we got on Navy ships

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Russell H
Robert S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 18 April 2014

We appreciate your feedback of your recent stay at our hotel. We sincerely apologize if you felt unsafe at any point. The safety and health of our guests is a top priority and we will be evaluating your feedback to ensure we are always providing the best security. Thank you for your review.

Reviewed 7 April 2014

Within the last 6 months, I have seen the newly renovated lobby, new carpets in the hall ways, new breakfast menu, etc... The linens and the towels are always clean and fresh. This hotel keeps getting better and better, and proves to be very well managed.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Good hotel for business trips. Clean, quiet and near by the University. Staff are friendly and helpful. Also it is probably a great place to stay for graduation. I will stay here again on my next trip to Troy, AL.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 21 March 2014

I have stayed at the Marriott and Hampton Inn in Troy. The rooms at the Marrott are bigger and and the lobby and property provide a much more"inviting, come in and relax, up to date atmosphere". It has a bar and bistro, but I think the "free breakfast" at the Hampton is a better deal. Especially with all the resturants you can walk to from both. Also, the Hampton has a better tv channel line up and that makes a big difference since there's nothing to do in Troy. I like both hotels, but I wish Marriott had a better tv package. It's great if you're into sports and news (I'm not)! The staff at the Marriott seem to be more friendly and anxious to help you. Hope this helps!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 March 2014

Very comfortable room. We were traveling with 4 adults and booked a 2-room suite. Roomy and well laid out. Nice breakfast and helpful/flexible staff. The location was handy to restaurants and the university.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Issues listed below. Staff interaction (service/attitude/etc) Woman who greeted me on checkin (larger african american woman, not sure of her name) seemed to have an attitude and could have cared less if I were there. Did not feel valued as an HHonors silver member. Room location/type The second room I was sent to as an "upgrade" was actually the handicapped room and felt old and not clean. Hotel/room smell The second room I was sent to felt as though it hadn't been cleaned well and therefore had a musty smell to it. Room/Suite cleanliness/housekeeping Second room I was sent to had mold in the bathroom. Tile grout was disgustingly dirty. Toilet bowl had brown stains. Working order of bathroom (sink/shower/toilet/fan/etc) Shower head was loose and difficult to use. Room had no iron. Had to ask for iron. Then went to use the ironing board and it was moldy. Had to ask for another board. Heating/cooling systems Heating cooling unit was very finicky. Wall control did not work. Internet Internet was so slow it was unusable. Common sites (such as new york times) took 5 minutes to load if at all. Had to use my cellphone wifi for internet. Room amenities (tv/coffee maker/fridge/cable/etc) TV in first room would not work at all. 200 channels of static. Second room TV remote did not work. Hotel/room maintenance General upkeep of the hotel and rooms seemed below par.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Adam C
Robert S, General Manager at Hampton Inn Troy, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay at our hotel. I understand that you were disappointed and that we came short of delivering what you are accustomed to expect from us. I truly apologize if this was the case and I can assure you that I will definitely keep your review in mind to improve our in-property experience. We appreciate your business and sincerely apologize that we did not provide you with the level of quality that you are accustomed to receive from us. We do everything we can to ensure our guests enjoy our hotel. With that said, I assure that your feedback is incredibly important to us and I will definitely take your comments into consideration.