“False advertising.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #6 of 9 Hotels in Troy
Russellville, Arkansas
“False advertising.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

False advertising. There are three billboards on US-231 between the FL state line and Troy advertising a 49.00 rate for here - I stopped in at 5am because I needed sleep and was told the only rate I could get was 70-something plus tax coming out to 81. Don't put the prices on your billboards if you don't intend to honor them.

Room is clean - air works - beds are average.

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2013

Stayed here last night after returning from Florida. The smoke alarm battery was beeping. The guy at the front desk acted like I was crazy for asking to get a battery for it. We have 3 kids so we got a king bed with fold out couch. Awful. The dirty sheets were still on the couch bed. I had to go to the desk and ask for a blanket and pillows for the couch. Once everyone was settled for bed none of us slept good. Noise outside (liquor bottles and fast food trash in the parking lot the next morning explained what was going on) the couch bed was so squeaky and cheap. Even the king bed made noise each time my husband or I moved through out the night. Morning came and we went down about 9 am and the waffle batter was empty. Out of biscuits and milk. The counters were messy and trash was on the floor. I went to the front desk and was informed they had a breakfast attendant but I would have to find her. Once I found her she said I would have to wait till she was ready. She was on her cell phone in the kitchen. I was not the only person looking for her. Spoons, forks, juice, basically the whole breakfast area was either out of stock or low. The pool was dirty and we were told at check in last night the pool was already closed but when I had to walk to get the blankets for the couch bed they had several people (young guys) hanging out at the pool and one started speaking to the hotel attendant and asked if he needed any help or for him to do anything so I guess the guy worked there also. All around awful visit

• Stayed June 2013
    • 1 of 5 bubbles

Travellers are raving about these Troy hotels

alabama
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2013

We had an unexpected stop on our way to the beach last Thursday evening. I started calling hotels about 30 minutes out of Troy. Karl answered the phone when I called and was wonderful. We got a wonderful rate. We were met with warm cookies and given an explanation of the pool area, breakfast, WIFI connection and general information to find our room. We were in 205. The AC had a ticking noise and I told them about it when we checked out. We were not there long enough to let it bother us. Breakfast was good. Love those waffle makers! Overall a great stay! Thanks Karl!

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2013 via mobile

Eh, not much to choose from in Troy. This is about par for the course of quality inns. Room had overbearing smell of smoke however the rooms were in better shape than other QInns I have stayed at. They're water is softened FYI as some people despise this. Basically it suffices for a business stay.

• Stayed May 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kasie L, General Manager at Quality Inn of Troy, responded to this review, 28 May 2013
Thank you for providing a response in regards to your stay. We take great pride in trying to make your stay a memorable experience. Will you please call in reference to your room and let me address any issues.

334-566-1150

Tammy Metcalf
Brookland, Arkansas
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2013

I used the Choice Hotels app on my iPhone to find the hotel and book my room while riding my motorcycle home from Daytona Beach Bike Week.
The desk clerk was cheerful and friendly.
It's a decent place, albeit a little expensive, for a motorcycle traveler. I was able to park my bike within view of my room and under a street light, which made me feel a bit more secure. Plus, there is a BP gas station next door that can be accessed without going out onto the highway.
The bed was reasonably comfortable and there was good water pressure in the shower.
On the negative side, the Wifi was so weak as to be unusable and I was surprised to see I had a stronger signal in my room from the Holiday Inn Express next door. The furniture has seen better days and it looked like someone had tried to kick in the door to room 120.
The free breakfast was routine Quality Inn fare, but the sausage was gone and not replenished by the time I got there at 6:45 a.m.
Also, there are no restaurants within easy walking distance, so be prepared to drive to dinner or eat gas station food.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Kasie L, General Manager at Quality Inn of Troy, responded to this review, 18 March 2013
Thank you for taking time to let us know about your stay here with us at Quality Inn, Troy, AL. I am glad you had a good stay with us. We are glad that we did what was needed to make your stay pleasant.

The minor criticisms you left us, I'll use as growing tools for the team as well as to make sure that anything we need do take care of, that we do.

I hope that when your travles bring you back to the area that you'll come back and visit with us again.

Kasie Lindsey
Pensacola, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2013

The staff were friendly and helpful, the rooms were very nice, breakfast was a surprise, usually you get a sip of OJ and slice of toast, but instead we were treated to nice spread. The rates were just right. Being short it was fun trying to get up in the beds but other than that, we had a really nice stay. We plan to go back soon.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Bamcubz
Pensacola, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2013 via mobile

Waited until the last minute to find a room, otherwise would not have booked a hotel with outside entrances to rooms. The bathroom area is small- just needs overhaul. However beds slept great, room was clean, & hotel peaceful. Breakfast was wonderful. Overall great value.

• Stayed March 2013