“Clean but noisy!”

Ranked #5 of 9 Hotels in Troy
Macon, Georgia
“Clean but noisy!”
Reviewed 4 March 2012

The room was a bit musty, but a spray of air freshener helped a lot....everything was clean and well stocked and the beds were comfortable, which was really all we needed. There were a lot of inconsiderate people slamming doors and talking loudly outside - waking me at 3:30am! We kept the fan on and that helped a little, but I definitely will bring earplugs if I ever find myself here again....

Room Tip: upstairs might be quieter
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank rkj1969

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Minneapolis, MN
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I read 2 good reviews on this site and decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised. It had been a Comfort Inn so I thought it would be good. It was very good. I asked for an upstairs room because they allow smoking and pets on the first floor. The front desk people were not the friendliest. On check out in the morning the woman behind the desk did not say a word to me. There was a trainie on duty on check in and she didn't speak either. Our room was great. It looked like a new bath area, granite counter top, new sink and faucets. Very clean and welcoming. I would stay at this one again but I don't think all econo lodges are this good. The breakfast could use improvement. It had a waffle maker but it was runny and no good.

Room Tip: ask for upstairs but there is no elevator.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank sander1105
Brent, Alabama
Reviewed 23 December 2011

A very nice, clean room. With comfortable beds. The room rates were very reasonable, as well.The staff was very helpful and pleasant. The continental breakfast was good, with a wide array of items to choose from. There was some road noise, but I would stay there again, if the occasion ever arose.

Room Tip: Rooms numbered 105 or 205 or higher, are further from the roadway.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank LilSteVraY
Gladstone
Reviewed 28 November 2011

After reviewing tripadvisor motels in the Troy area we chose the Econo Lodge on our trip to the coast last week. It was every bit as nice a place to stay as previous reviewers had stated. The front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful while we were there as well as during couple of phone calls prior to our arrival. The room was clean and inviting and the bed was comfortable to sleep on. I really liked their variety of bed pillows that were available. The exterior of the building was also very well kept and we didn't have a problem with anything. The only minor drawbacks were the small size of the eating area (3 or 4 tables) and the droaning noise from a nearby manufacturing facility. Neither one caused us any problem as the crowd was small at the time we ate and the AC fan and/or the TV drowned out the factory noise. The breakfast fare was fine with the usual items and did include a Belgium waffle maker. All in all it was a very good stay and we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms on south side might have a little less of the factory noise but I wouldn't let that keep m...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MikeIn
Syracuse, New York
Reviewed 19 May 2010

We needed to stay halfway between Montogomery Airport and Enterprise for a wedding so I chose this hotel for the outside pool, comp breakfast, outside doors, and AAA discount. The pool was great and it stays open til 10pm. I watched the housekeeping staff in the morning literally cleaning each lounge chair and table, that was a nice touch to see. The comp breakfast has a DIY waffle maker, very good. The lobby has 24 hr coffee and a computer/printer. We had #229 which is an upstairs non-smoking end unit towards the treed area for pet walking. Everything was clean and looked fresh. The pictures on their website are exact. The sink vanity area is separate from the bath and toilet. I LOVE that in a hotel. There were plenty of towels for the 2 of us. The coffee/tea stuff is raised up on its own shelf so it's not cluttery. I used the iron and ironing board for the first time ever in a hotel. The bath has a curved shower rod, love that too. The 2 beds were super comfortable and come with plenty of pillows and covers. The only bad thing was the TV was brand new and no one knew how to program the remote. Oh well, walk over to it to change the channel, just like you know when. This hotel recently changed to an EconoLodge so they're going through a transformation. There are washers and dryers, ice machines, vending machines, and a fitness room on the premises. Next door is Julia's Restaurant. We ate there on Friday night for the buffet of fried catfish, frog legs, oysters, crab legs, okra, etc. etc. There's plenty of shopping nearby, Rite Aid, Walgreens, Walmart, Piggly Wiggly grocery store. I would stay here again if I was in the area.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple