“First time to stay in an Econo Lodge 6/19/2012” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Econo Lodge Troy

Econo Lodge Troy
Ranked #4 of 9 Hotels in Troy
Savannah, Georgia
“First time to stay in an Econo Lodge 6/19/2012”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2012

We needed a hotel for night to attend a funeral in Troy, Al. We had a short notice due to the reason for our trip, the chain we normally book with had no vacancy for that night. We had two choices and booked this on the reviews and location we needed. The property was clean, plain and simply but was adequate for our needs. The room had a stale musty odor that seemed like it had not been used for a while. This could have been corrected if they had used some air freshener. The towels & sheets also had the same smell & hard should have used some fabric softener. It was a good price for a one night stay and meet our needs for the occasion.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank A495

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Orlando
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2012

I booked this hotel because of your reviews and the location it is to where I was attending a meeting
The room was clean the rate for the room was good.
I was a bit disappointed at the Front Desk Staff. I did call her several prior to arriving to cancel (2) rooms which she did. I did mention to her that I needed (2) rooms downstair. Part of my group arrived a couple hours prior to my arrival and they were the one with the special need for the downstair room. When I arrived at approx 3p.m. as she was checking us in I mention again to her that i still needed two rooms downstair. When she finish checking everyone in she said she did not have anymore rooms downstair and it was up to me (The Guest??) to get with the others to see if they would switch. That was so unprofessional I did not assign the rooms she did while was waiting. After I checked in I called her back and explain to her while it was necessary to have the 2nd room down stair she said she was sorry but she didn't have anymore. The final line is she did find the handicap accessability room and gave it to my guest. In my opinion she should have done that from the beginning. I will stay that this hotel again if need be. I just hope the front desk personal on duty can handle more than busy phones and 3 or 4 guest waiting in the lobby to check in.

Room Tip: i would stay again if I was in the area
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Barney S
Maylene, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 April 2012

My wife and I made our first overnight trip to Troy back in 2003 so needless to say we have tried most of the properties in Troy while supporting The Troy University Trojan Athletes !!!

This property has become our home away from home while in Troy. WHY? Because it is a good deal. Nothing fancy about this property you have a clean room and get a very light breakfast (if you are early-make yourself a waffle). I mention being early because breakfast runs from 6am until 9 am AND THEY MEAN 9 am (they will start breaking down breakfast and cleaning up around you). There is a swimming pool and SMALL exercise room, but we have never used either one.

The property is located on US 231 and is located next to a restaurant if that is something you desire. We have never felt like there are any safety issues with this location. I will tell you that we prefer rooms on the south side of the building which faces a lot with small pine trees (the other side faces the restaurant). IF you need more than a clean room with a bed, desk, TV and a bite of breakfast, then check out some of the newer properties mentioned below that have more amenities and space!!!

As I mentioned above we have tried many properties in Troy. There are ones that are newer and nicer (we have stayed at Hampton Inn and Courtyard by Marriott which are closer to the University and almost double the cost of this property being reviewed). In addition, there is a newer Best Western that is located farther out on the north side of town (we have not stayed there). There are properties that are less expensive (than this one being reviewed) including ONE that we almost did not want to stay the one night we did (Days Inn - they placed us in the back building which has to be one of the original hotels in Troy)!

I hope this review helps some people. Book early for Football Season and GO TROJANS!

Room Tip: South side of building you walk out and see trees. North side you see a restaurant and a lot of park...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Mr_E_in_Alabama
Macon, Georgia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2012

The room was a bit musty, but a spray of air freshener helped a lot....everything was clean and well stocked and the beds were comfortable, which was really all we needed. There were a lot of inconsiderate people slamming doors and talking loudly outside - waking me at 3:30am! We kept the fan on and that helped a little, but I definitely will bring earplugs if I ever find myself here again....

Room Tip: upstairs might be quieter
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank rkj1969
Minneapolis, MN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 December 2011

I read 2 good reviews on this site and decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised. It had been a Comfort Inn so I thought it would be good. It was very good. I asked for an upstairs room because they allow smoking and pets on the first floor. The front desk people were not the friendliest. On check out in the morning the woman behind the desk did not say a word to me. There was a trainie on duty on check in and she didn't speak either. Our room was great. It looked like a new bath area, granite counter top, new sink and faucets. Very clean and welcoming. I would stay at this one again but I don't think all econo lodges are this good. The breakfast could use improvement. It had a waffle maker but it was runny and no good.

Room Tip: ask for upstairs but there is no elevator.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank sander1105
Brent, Alabama
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 December 2011

A very nice, clean room. With comfortable beds. The room rates were very reasonable, as well.The staff was very helpful and pleasant. The continental breakfast was good, with a wide array of items to choose from. There was some road noise, but I would stay there again, if the occasion ever arose.

Room Tip: Rooms numbered 105 or 205 or higher, are further from the roadway.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank LilSteVraY
Gladstone
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

After reviewing tripadvisor motels in the Troy area we chose the Econo Lodge on our trip to the coast last week. It was every bit as nice a place to stay as previous reviewers had stated. The front desk personnel were very friendly and helpful while we were there as well as during couple of phone calls prior to our arrival. The room was clean and inviting and the bed was comfortable to sleep on. I really liked their variety of bed pillows that were available. The exterior of the building was also very well kept and we didn't have a problem with anything. The only minor drawbacks were the small size of the eating area (3 or 4 tables) and the droaning noise from a nearby manufacturing facility. Neither one caused us any problem as the crowd was small at the time we ate and the AC fan and/or the TV drowned out the factory noise. The breakfast fare was fine with the usual items and did include a Belgium waffle maker. All in all it was a very good stay and we would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Rooms on south side might have a little less of the factory noise but I wouldn't let that keep m...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple