“Quiet, Convenient and Comfortable”

Quality Inn Trussville
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Trussville
State College, Pennsylvania
“Quiet, Convenient and Comfortable”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I was in the area for a wedding and was also recovering from an illness which left me with very low energy. So, I did not want to drive very far either from the airport or to the wedding venue. This hotel was perfectly situated a short 15 minute drive from the airport and also a 15 minute drive from the wedding.
There are good restaurants within walking distance and shopping less than a mile away. It was spring and the landscaping was in full bloom and lovely. The room was comfortable and clean and quiet, even though the hotel is handy to the interstate. I spent a lot of time in the room and was perfectly content to do so. The room rate was reasonable for someone on a fixed income.
The staff was very helpful. I cut my leg one morning and didn't have any bandaging with me. I called the front desk and they were able to bring me enough bandaids to get me to K-mart to get my own. There was no hint of making me feel like I was imposing on them, only concern as to whether they could find enough to help me.
If I had occasion to be in the area north east of Birmingham again, I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights for Talladega weekend. They have added some upgrades and this is a much better hotel than it used to be. Our room was clean and the bedding was clean so I'm good with that. You get a free hot breakfast with several items and the pool was open and nice. The staff is super friendly and helpful. We will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Navarre, Florida
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We recently booked 2 nights at Quality Inn in Trussville Al. through Priceline. It had a 2 1/2 star rating so we expected a decent room. After a long drive from Arkansas through severe thunderstorms we were anxious to get into our room where we could relax. When we arrived on 12/21/2013 and checked into the room, the first thing we noticed was the smell of cigarette smoke. It was supposed to be a non smoking room. We went on in the room and noticed how dirty the walls were. There were footprints all over the wall beside the bed and drips and dirty marks on the other walls. The decorative throw on the end of the bed was dirty. At that point we decided we didn't want to put our things down on the floor or the bed. My husband left our luggage in the car and went back to the lobby to ask if we could switch rooms. He was told there were no other available rooms, even though the parking lot was half empty. The desk clerk said she would give us Fabreze to spray in the room to try to cover the cigarette smell. While he was talking to her, I sat down on the computer chair and began to notice a urine smell coming from either the bed or the carpet. Not getting any satisfaction from the hotel clerk my husband called Priceline where he was told more or less, tough luck. So, in spite of being exhausted from our long day, we decided to just count it as a loss and go to another motel. We took pictures to document the condition of the room and went across the road to Holiday Inn. The clerk at Holiday Inn told us if someone came in wanting a room and she was full, she would never send them to Quality Inn but to the Hampton Inn. I tried to think of any pros that would help describe our experience but either we weren't there long enough to see them or there weren't any. Our whole experience with this motel was expensive and disappointing. I would not recommend it to anyone. After returning home we sent a letter to Priceline and half of our money was returned but we were still out the cost of a nights stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Patricia P

Travellers are raving about these Trussville hotels

Dripping Springs, Texas
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Friendly staff and fast check-in which was great since we'd been on the road 13 hours. We've stayed here several times on our trips from Texas to Asheville, NC. This is a pet-friendly hotel and we travel with our Lab. What's great is there are two restaurants across the street one of which is an Applebee's so we order when we're 20 minutes away and pick it up and take it to the room.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Athens, AL
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Outside doors allowed us to park motorcycles right outside our door. The room was not fancy, but it was clean and comfortable. Longhorn Steaks and Appleby's next door. Quiet room with the perfect amount of hum from the AC unit. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Mobile, AL
Reviewed 31 July 2013

Stayed the night of 7/30/13 on the way to Guntersville for a business meeting.

Pros: decent room for the price, good location, fast and friendly check-in and check-out, clean lobby that looked like a very comfy living room and a coffee area there, large cafe area, 10% off your check at the LoneStar restaurant next door for showing your room key (I've reviewed that one separately), clean comfy beds, air conditioner worked too good (we had to turn it off b/c it was stuck on the highest cooling temp and we were freezing), comfy beds, fridge was cold, tv was flat screen and worked perfectly (they didn't have NBC though), decent bathroom.

Cafe area was very clean, spacious and inviting. Breakfast I would give 5 stars for the price of the motel. I have a review of Clarion Grand Hotel Boutique in New Orleans and this Quality Inn's complimentary breakfast blows theirs out of the water. Hot breakfast included: 2 trays of eggs (the flat folded over kind), 1 tray of bacon, biscuits, country gravy, boiled eggs, instant grits for making yourself, hot water dispenser, saran-wrapped wheat bread for toasting yourself in the toaster next to it, coffee, tea. Cold section included: cereal in dispensers (I think they were Froot Loops, Raisin Bran, and Cornflakes), and milk, cream, Trix yogurt cups in a separate see through mini fridge under the counter, Sara Lee individually wrapped pastries, Otis Spunkmeyer individually wrapped muffins, fresh apples, fresh oranges, cold apple juice in pitcher, cold orange juice in pitcher, cold water in pitcher (all pitchers were the see-through kind with the cold tube in the middle). And they had plenty of cups, plates, bowls, napkins, and individually wrapped spoons and forks.

Now the cons: door had a big gap where it met the frame when closed, cobwebs above door, ac unit was noisy, cobwebs in both corners above the sink, 80s thrift shop-type desk, chair and night stand but they were decent, walls needed new paint, carpet looked like it was from the 60s and the room had a slight "old" smell to it, toilet seat wouldn't stay up. This motel is in a busy area not too far from the road and we were able to hear trucks going by.

Overall, I would stay here again if in the area. When I reserved the room a week ahead of stay through ChoiceHotels, there was a note that said the motel was undergoing renovations but there was no evidence of that when we arrived. We didn't use the pool or fitness center, though the pool looked nice and clean; I don't know where the fitness center was but seemed like it was next to the pool.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side to reduce chance of traffic noise. Do not eat at the LoneStar next d...