“Clean and economical”

Quality Inn Trussville
Ranked #3 of 3 Hotels in Trussville
“Clean and economical”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed here with my family last night. The property is well lighted at night. The building looks like an old two story plantation home that looks like it belongs at Disney world (or I was just relieved to see such a welcoming place after a very rough day of driving). The room was clean, with several drinking cups in sealed plastic bags, three choices of coffee with condiments and nice to go cups with lids. The restroom smelled nice and clean, was ventilated and well lit. A night light, dirty clothes bag, shampoo conditioner, soap and lotion were provided. The beds were comfortable with good pillows. The a/c worked very well.

The complimentary breakfast included scrambled eggs, boiled eggs, bacon, sausage gravy and biscuits, cereal, muffins, oatmeal, grits, fruit, yogurt, drinks, and a nice coffee assortment.
I was very impressed with the service, cleanliness and comfort of this hotel.

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Warren, MI
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Overall I would say I was satisfied with my stay at this Quality Inn considering in general they are lousy hotels.

Check in was handled by a friendly front desk agent. I was assigned my King room on the 2nd floor of the back building.

Going up the stairs to my outside entry room I noticed a small pool which looked clean and inviting. The stairs were clean and in good shape.

The room was decent. The carpeting looked newer, there was a very old fridge and microwave provided. The fridge smelled stale but both it and the microwave worked.

The bathroom featured a sink and counter area outside of the bathroom itself which contained only the toilet and shower. I personally think this set-up makes sense but others may disagree. The bathroom counter area really did show the age of the property.

A flatscreen tv was provided but received only an analog signal. The cable tv only worked when i had to reconnect the cable into the splitter.

The wifi had decent speed and worked flawlessly during my stay.

The morning breakfast was very barebones but what was there was fine.

Definitely not a luxury stay but then again it's a Quality Inn and isn't supposed to be. Overall a decent place to crash for a night.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
State College, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I was in the area for a wedding and was also recovering from an illness which left me with very low energy. So, I did not want to drive very far either from the airport or to the wedding venue. This hotel was perfectly situated a short 15 minute drive from the airport and also a 15 minute drive from the wedding.
There are good restaurants within walking distance and shopping less than a mile away. It was spring and the landscaping was in full bloom and lovely. The room was comfortable and clean and quiet, even though the hotel is handy to the interstate. I spent a lot of time in the room and was perfectly content to do so. The room rate was reasonable for someone on a fixed income.
The staff was very helpful. I cut my leg one morning and didn't have any bandaging with me. I called the front desk and they were able to bring me enough bandaids to get me to K-mart to get my own. There was no hint of making me feel like I was imposing on them, only concern as to whether they could find enough to help me.
If I had occasion to be in the area north east of Birmingham again, I'd stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights for Talladega weekend. They have added some upgrades and this is a much better hotel than it used to be. Our room was clean and the bedding was clean so I'm good with that. You get a free hot breakfast with several items and the pool was open and nice. The staff is super friendly and helpful. We will stay there again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Navarre, Florida
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We recently booked 2 nights at Quality Inn in Trussville Al. through Priceline. It had a 2 1/2 star rating so we expected a decent room. After a long drive from Arkansas through severe thunderstorms we were anxious to get into our room where we could relax. When we arrived on 12/21/2013 and checked into the room, the first thing we noticed was the smell of cigarette smoke. It was supposed to be a non smoking room. We went on in the room and noticed how dirty the walls were. There were footprints all over the wall beside the bed and drips and dirty marks on the other walls. The decorative throw on the end of the bed was dirty. At that point we decided we didn't want to put our things down on the floor or the bed. My husband left our luggage in the car and went back to the lobby to ask if we could switch rooms. He was told there were no other available rooms, even though the parking lot was half empty. The desk clerk said she would give us Fabreze to spray in the room to try to cover the cigarette smell. While he was talking to her, I sat down on the computer chair and began to notice a urine smell coming from either the bed or the carpet. Not getting any satisfaction from the hotel clerk my husband called Priceline where he was told more or less, tough luck. So, in spite of being exhausted from our long day, we decided to just count it as a loss and go to another motel. We took pictures to document the condition of the room and went across the road to Holiday Inn. The clerk at Holiday Inn told us if someone came in wanting a room and she was full, she would never send them to Quality Inn but to the Hampton Inn. I tried to think of any pros that would help describe our experience but either we weren't there long enough to see them or there weren't any. Our whole experience with this motel was expensive and disappointing. I would not recommend it to anyone. After returning home we sent a letter to Priceline and half of our money was returned but we were still out the cost of a nights stay.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Patricia P

Travellers are raving about these Trussville hotels

Dripping Springs, Texas
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Friendly staff and fast check-in which was great since we'd been on the road 13 hours. We've stayed here several times on our trips from Texas to Asheville, NC. This is a pet-friendly hotel and we travel with our Lab. What's great is there are two restaurants across the street one of which is an Applebee's so we order when we're 20 minutes away and pick it up and take it to the room.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Athens, AL
Reviewed 5 September 2013

Outside doors allowed us to park motorcycles right outside our door. The room was not fancy, but it was clean and comfortable. Longhorn Steaks and Appleby's next door. Quiet room with the perfect amount of hum from the AC unit. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Trussville
Holiday Inn Express Trussville
Comfort Inn & Suites
Comfort Inn & Suites
#2 of 3 in Trussville
Hampton Inn Birmingham / Trussville
Drury Inn & Suites Birmingham Southeast
Hilton Garden Inn Birmingham SE/Liberty Park
Best Western Plus Carlton Suites

Been to Quality Inn Trussville? Share your experiences!