“Amazing Indian Food”

Sitar Indian Cuisine
Ranked #62 of 302 Restaurants in Tuscaloosa
Cuisines: Indian
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I've eaten Indian food in many different places in the US as well as several other countries, and Sitar is by far the best I've ever had. Staff is all very nice and friendly too. Lunch buffet is the best value around.

Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

One unique thing about Sitar is its serving schedule. Buffet for lunch and premium food for dinner.

I can hardily recommend both alternatives. If you're new to Indian food I'd start with the buffet.

Reviewed 21 July 2013

Must try-chia tea (free with meal) and the beans are incredible. Not for all palates but the soup
I still crave!!! Such a feeling of comfort and soothing mellow out-dont know all what is in it, but
it was my mac/cheese comfort food people have spoken about feeling with some foods-now i get it. A cup of this tea and a bowl of this soup and Im happy and content. The gentleman Im guessing was the owner was a gentleman with a capital G -so warm and precious. The sort you would pick for a neighbor. Super clean restaurant-lovely inside and nice and quiet even when full. Food was so nice quality neither of us desired dinner after lunch at 2ish. not junk food and we did not eat large quanity. The quality standard was that superior. Yummo-and if you hesitate because the outside looks like something you would always drive by-you have missed a piece
of food delights. I cant say enough about the pleasure zones of foodie hits at this almost hidden gem and travel has taken us to more than enough food adventures. *** perfect for a biz meeting if you can use your indoor voices- relaxing,stress reducer-lovely and great atmosphere for
chats.

Reviewed 6 May 2013

We eat at Sitar at least once every three months. Most members of our family are creatures of habit and the dishes are consistent. However, one member is very adventurous and has never been disappointed.

Reviewed 28 September 2012

I ate here with my husband while passing through Tuscaloosa. With so many restaurant choices, it was hard to nail down 'the one', but we found driving through Tuscaloosa was dizzying so we went with the closest restaurant that received good reviews. And there was Sitar, less than 0.5 miles away. The outside of the place is not too impressive, but the inside is very nice for dining. My husband and I have both enjoyed Indian food around the States, and this place was up there with the best. Most impressive was the huge portions! (Hint: make sure you bring a Tupperware in because you WILL have leftovers!). The price was great for such a large amount of flavorful eats. The service was also top quality. If I lived in Tuscaloosa, I would SO eat at Sitar regularly.