“Really enjoyed it!”

Cuisines: Sushi, Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 15 August 2014

I was in Tuscaloosa for the week and asked many around for restaurant recommendations. Chuck's Fish kept coming up. I am so glad that I went to check it out. It was fantastic. I'm not sure that this is true but, one local that I spoke with said that Chuck's gets some of it's fish fresh from the Gulf and Mobile, AL.

Seafood wise, this establishment reminds me of a locally owned Bonefish type of restaurant. The type of seafood that you will find here (or that I found on my one trip) reminded me of cooking styles that I might see at a Bonefish grill. The atmosphere is similar too - although with a local flare that I appreciated. This is my type of atmosphere and my type of seafood.

There were many great options on the menu. I ended up going with one of the Catches of the Day - per my waiter's recommendation. The fish that I chose was Red Snapper. This was my first time eating Red Snapper and it was fantastic. Not being that familiar with this type of fish - it is exactly what I like to eat - a nice, light, white fish - similar to a tilapia (real seafood lovers may cringe with this description). With the catch of the day, you can choose different styles for the preparation. With the saute style, it came with a lemon caper cream sauce which was delicious. It was served on a bed of rice, which the menu listed as rice pilaf. To be honest, I never get too excited when I see "rice pilaf" on the menu. This "rice pilaf" was fantastic. It was more of a yellow rice to me, than what I think of when I read "rice pilaf." I was pleasantly surprised. I also chose grilled asparagus for my side. I was very happy with my entire experience here.

Although I'm not a huge sushi fan, they have a full, Bonefish style fish menu and a full Sushi menu too. The atmosphere was really nice and I had a great time. I look forward to my next trip to Tuscaloosa and a return trip to Chuck's fish. It is a bit pricey - roughly $40 for my dinner (no drink). If you can afford it or want a treat, I think it is worth the price. This was one of my favorite spots - especially food wise - for my first trip to Tuscaloosa.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

This was my first time to visit Chucks Fish and I gotta say this place WAS and IS AMAZING! There food is TOP notch an the chef is magical! I will be back to Chucks Fish many MANY more times!

1  Thank My Info B
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere with friendly people and a well balanced menu. We had fried oysters, spring rolls and house made chips to start. All were very good. The steaks, fish special and scallops were outstanding. The seasoning and preparation were all well done. Of all the places we have tried in Tuscaloosa, this is a must visit.

Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

Saturday night drop in produced a new fav in Tuscaloosa! Loved the atmosphere and Jessie L should be nominated for Best Server of the Year. Her delightful attitude made the already outstanding food amazing. Highly recommend the crab cakes and stuffed shrimp! Add this to your "must eat here"
list during your next visit!

Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

We have eaten at Chuck's many times and the sushi is great. All of the seafood is prepared well and the service is outstanding.