“Candlewood Suites”

Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa
Ranked #17 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed 13 March 2013

It was a very nice Hotel. I was pleased with the cleaniness and layout of the room. I felt right at home because it seemed to have everything that I needed. The staff was very friendly and helpful each time I had a question. They gave information pertaining to restaurants in the area.and a map showing the way to the Universirty of Alabama campus. Overall it was a delightful visit.. thought was wonderful and very helpful each time I had a question.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Minniegirl32547
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2013

Thank you for taking the time to tell others about your great experience. I am so glad to hear that our team was able to help you find restaurants and other activities in our area. It's a pleasure to hear when a guest has enjoyed their stay. Thank you again!

Reviewed 27 February 2013

I recently stayed here for 7 weeks on a business trip. The entire team there was very professional especially the front desk Mary, Kim and Ashley. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. Thanks for the great stay.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank JD T

Thank you so much for your review! We enjoyed getting to know you while you were here. Thank you for all the great meals that you cooked for our team. I know they are missing your cooking! We hope you will be back again very soon.

Reviewed 15 January 2013

I recently stayed here and had a great experience! The staff was great and helpful and my room was very clean and roomy. I like that the hotel has a large cupboard in the lobby with a good selection of food items...made it nice not to have to go to the grocery store in the cold! Hotel also has movies you can check out for free! Thanks for making my stay great!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Emily A
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded 16 January 2013

Thank you very much for such a wonderful review! We are so glad that you enjoyed your stay and all the little extras that make Candlewood unique. We apprecaite you sharing your great experience with others and hope to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed 25 December 2012

I enjoyed my stay at Candlewood suites from December 2, 2012 to December 11, 2012. The staff there were nice and friendly. Sheree, the General Manager there did everything she could to accommodate me and my mother's needs.The staff was very quick to address and respond to our any and all of our concerns. The rooms were very nice and clean. I really enjoyed my stay and I plan to stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Makeshia R
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2012

Thank you so much for your positive review! It's always great to hear when our guests are happy with their stay. It was a pleasure to accommodate you, and we hope to see you and your mother back very soon. Don't hesitate to reach out to me directly if I may be of assistance with your future reservations. Happy Holidays!

Reviewed 29 November 2012

My husband & I stayed here during the Iron Bowl weekend. Room was booked/paid through Kayak, so upon check-in my debit card was only swiped for incidentals, etc; or so I thought. First, I must say that our stay was more than pleasant & we left with the intention of returning to this specific hotel during any future trips to Tuscaloosa; which are fairly regular. At the time, I'd have said this was the best we've stayed at in T-Town, but now I say it is not worth the trouble. Rather than placing a hold on my card as hotels usually do, they instead charged $389.06 to the card for the stay which I'd already paid for through kayak ($458.70). To make matters worse, there is a separate charge for $175, which I'm told was due to the executive housekeeper assessing that the room had been smoked in; however, I am NOT a smoker! The icing on the cake - 2 days later there is a pending transaction for $165. I spoke to the front desk yesterday, & was assured the issue would be corrected; however today I find out that they've apparently mistakingly refunded my money to a credit card the hotel had on file under our priority club rewards account. This particular card is no longer active and furthermore this was NOT the card that was charged! The front desk has now advised that WE should call OUR BANK to correct this issue. For now, I am still $723.06 in the hole. NOT HAPPY!

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
3  Thank HarkeyB
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded 3 December 2012

Thank you for your recent visit with us. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay while at our hotel. However, as the hotel's General Manager, I am very disappointed with the problems you experienced in the days after your stay. After reviewing the situation, I do see that all authorizations have been returned to your account for the mistake that our front desk agent made. Our agents are thoroughly trained, and this key-stroke error does not make for an acceptable experience. We strive to make all stays at our hotel enjoyable and hope that you leave with the intentions of returning soon. Unfortunately, our billing error did not make for such an experience for you. I am so sorry that you had a bad experience. Please accept my most sincere apologies for your inconvenience. I hope you will give us another chance when back in town for a football game, so that we may redeem your experience and belief in our hotel's efforts to satisfy guests.

Reviewed 23 November 2012 via mobile

Really clean and well equipped but wish they had a small breakfast offering for the price you pay. We will definitely be back when back in the area overnight. The staff was very nice and accommodating.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank bamaboy13
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 November 2012

Thank you for taking the time to let others know about your stay. We are glad you enjoyed your stay at our hotel. The Candlewood Suites brand was thoughtfully designed as an extended stay hotel for travelers who typically stay 7 or more nights. These guests prefer kitchens in their rooms, and choose to cook their own meals each day. As much as we also want to cater to the guests with shorter lengths of stay, this is the reason that our brand does not offer the typical “continental” breakfast. We do however, offer our convenient “Candlewood Cupboard”, which is a perfect meal option for guests who are staying one night or even one month. It has an array of breakfast, lunch, and dinner options that are available to cook in the privacy of your own suite. Candlewood Suites is a very unique brand, and we are so glad you chose to stay with us. We would love to accommodate you again in the future.

Reviewed 21 November 2012

Went to watch a UA vs. Western Carolina game and got ripped off (as usual) by another hotel in Tuscaloosa. I think on game day weekends there are 1 hotel room per 1,000 visitors. I'm exaggerating but they really "sock it to you" on game day weekends since there is a HUGE shortage of hotels rooms available. We paid almost $500 for a two day weekend at a low attendance game! Anyway, if you get a good deal this is a nice hotel. My wife loves the small kitchen and the rooms are quite large. Staff was nice and helpful. They do not have breakfast since I guess they feel you can make your own given the in-room kitchens? Small foyer. Nothing real impressive. Just nice, well kept and clean. What else can you ask for?

Room Tip: They have regular suite rooms and also one's with a separate living space. Ask for an upgrade if...
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family

Thank you for your open and honest review. I hope you enjoyed your football weekend in Tuscaloosa. The University of Alabama sure does have some loyal football fans! Tuscaloosa has nearly 30,000 hotel rooms and it’s never enough. Seven weekends per year this city is full of dedicated supporters of the Crimson Tide. We know that you have many options when selecting a hotel for football weekends, so we are glad that you chose Candlewood Suites for your stay. I love that your wife enjoys the kitchens that we have in all of our rooms. As you mentioned, it is the perfect place to relax and make a big breakfast after a long day on campus. Thank you again for your review. We hope to see you in Tuscaloosa again very soon!