“Loved it!”

Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa
Ranked #18 of 35 Hotels in Tuscaloosa
Reviewed 14 August 2014

Thank you Candlewood for a great stay while I moved my daughter into the University. The hotel was clean and the staff was so friendly. I will be back for several weekends while my daughter is in college. I will recommend your hotel to everyone I know who travels to Tuscaloosa.

• Stayed: August 2014
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review! It's always great to hear from guests who have had such a wonderful experience. You feedback helps future travelers to feel confident when booking our hotel, We hope to see you many more times while your daughter is attending college here in Tuscaloosa.

Hospitably,
M. Cheree' Slaten

Reviewed 12 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Tuscaloosa for a long weekend and everything was wonderful. The room was very clean and the staff was kind and helpful. We stayed at Candlewood because we were helping our daughter move apartments in Tuscaloosa, so it was nice to always come back to a fresh clean room. Also, the free laundry service is great! Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in the Tuscaloosa area for a few days.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Thank you so much for your kind review! I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay.
Our staff really strives to make every guest feel welcome and at home. I love that you took advantage of the free laundry facilities. This is such a bonus amenity! We appreciate you sharing your positive experience with others and hope you visit us again when you are back in Tuscaloosa!

Reviewed 25 July 2014

I stayed here for a week and didnt have any complaints. From the 24 our fitness center to the free laundry, everything about the hotel was efficient and easy. I work later hours than most and the fact that i could do my laundry and work out at 3 am made things a lot less complicated.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the end of the hall
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 July 2014

Thank you for your nice review! You are correct! Having a 24 hour gym & FREE laundry is definitely a benefit. I am glad these two amenities helped to make your stay more enjoyable. When you are back in Tuscaloosa, we certainly hope you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 24 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay with Candlewood. The front desk staff was extremely helpful and quick with our check in. They told us about places to eat and things going on in the area. Our room was clean and amazing for the price. We will definitely stay with them again. Overall we were very pleased with our stay.

• Stayed: March 2014
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded 25 July 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with others. I am so pleased to hear that our team could help you find nice places to dine, and that our housekeeping team exceeded your expectations. We can't wait for you to return!

Reviewed 25 June 2014

After staying at this hotel for the past two years, its hard for me to sum up my experience in one review. I have been on the road, traveling for work, for the past five years; mostly in the southeast region of the U.S. Being on the road away from your family and friends is never easy. When I am working in a location, it is very usual for me to stay in different hotels, in the same city, to try and break up the monogamy of the job. I stayed in a few hotels in Tuscaloosa before I found the Candlewood Suites. Once discovered, I never even entertained the thought of going to a different hotel and remained at the Candlewood for the next two years. I could go on and on about how great the Candlewoods rooms and amenities are etc... but I will save you some time and tell you about the staff. This hotel staff is second to none! Cheree, the Hotel Manager is the definition of down-south hospitality. If you have a problem, big or small, Cheree is always there to help! Ashley, Kim, and Zach always go out of their way to make sure you feel welcomed and at home. My time on the road has recently ended and I have returned home (Michigan) to a daily commute. I would like to thank the staff at the Candlewood for making my stay in Alabama the best experience it could be! I will return to this hotel and highly suggest "y'all" do the same!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank JustinAJewell
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

It has been our utmost pleasure to have you as a guest in our hotel family for the past two years! This may very well be the sweetest and most awesome review EVER! You have personalized this specifically by name about our team members - they are so proud of this review! Also, I thank you for your sweet words about me. You are correct that we do take problems (both big and small) very personally. When our hotel is your home, it is our job to make "your home" as comfortable as possible. I am humbled by your comments.

We are saddened that you will no longer be returning to Tuscaloosa. You will be very missed! Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback with others. It is greatly appreciated! You will always be a part of our Candlewood family!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We stayed at the Candlewood Suites in Tuscaloosa for three nights and every time we arrived it felt like home. All of the amenities made us feel so comfortable and the staff was very friendly. The free DVDs and games allowed us to have a fun night in at no extra cost. We will definitely be back next time we come to the area.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Heather5560
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Thank you so much for your positive review! It's very nice to hear that you felt like home. Having the DVD library and the games for guests to borrow certainly helps the stay to seem more like home. We value your feedback. Thank you for sharing your experience with others.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

I can always count on a Candlewood Suites no matter where I go. Our room was very clean and comfortable, the staff were very friendly and accommodating. Our room had a very nice layout to it. We had plenty of room to get in and out of the room. Our booking was spur of the moment but there were no issues at all! Will be back again!

• Stayed: May 2014
cheree_slaten, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Tuscaloosa, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

WOW!! Better than Disney World? Now, that's an awesome review! Thank you so much. I am so glad to hear how loyal you are to our brand, and I am happy to know that our location was a delight. We hope to see you again soon when you travel to Tuscaloosa.